Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Paying a Speeding Ticket
BajaBrad

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 06:00 PM
Paying a Speeding Ticket

Received a Speeding Ticket just South of Guerrero Negro. Federal Officer looked too official to offer a bribe so I took the ticket without any complaints. My question is: It took 3 days for the ticket (linea de captura) to show up on the www.ssp.gob.mx webpage and I was back home by then. It also states to take the "linea de captura" to the BANCOMER for payment. I went to a Bancomer in LA and they told me they are not a bank and I have to go to a Bancomer in Mexico. Is there any way to pay the ticket online? I would just blow it off, but I plan on doing a lot of driving in Mexico over the next year and don't want to take a chance.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 06:44 PM

Were you speeding?

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 06:56 PM

If there are no instructions on the ticket or the webpage on how to send money to pay it off I would either blow it off or go to a Bancomer the next time you are in Mexico.
BajaBrad

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 07:37 PM

I was going 125 kph in a marked 80. (Speed Trap) My next trip to Mexico is in 3.5 weeks. If I pay it by April 10 I get the 50% discount. If I wait, it doubles. Present fine is $178 usd!
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 07:58 PM

Speed trap? that's 25% over the posted speed limit; that'd be doing 80 in a 60 zone stateside, which would constitute reckless driving over 20mph.... whadayathink, Mexico doesn't have safety laws? You can do what you want?

So you got caught. My whole life, everyone who gets a ticket here or there has to biatch about the g-d pigs and blah blah.... you got caught amigo, so pay your fine and move on. Even with mordidas and bribes and the cops supporting their families by graft, you have a bona fide ticket. Suck it up, pay, and move on.... just sayin'.

86 - 45*

BajaBrad

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 08:22 PM

My question was how to pay it, not how to get out of it. So shut up! Just sayin!
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 08:31 PM

So how far is it from where you are to the border to find a bank to take care of business??? 2 hours? We did this today just for a medical appointment. Follow the rules, Brad. Make it a day trip with fish tacos and a cervesa. Just sayin'.

86 - 45*

BajaBrad

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 08:36 PM

That is my intention, but I was hoping that someone knew of a way to do it on the internet or over the phone. I'm only two hours away so not too bad, but I met a lot of people from Washington and Canada while I was down there so I wonder what they would have to do considering it takes three days to get the ticket.
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 08:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
So how far is it from where you are to the border to find a bank to take care of business??? 2 hours? We did this today just for a medical appointment. Follow the rules, Brad. Make it a day trip with fish tacos and a cervesa. Just sayin'.

Geeeze Buddha--------------- Don`t chase another away. He asked a simple question, and you chose to jump him. But I`m sure you have never driven above the speed limit, so go ahead and throw the first stone.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 08:41 PM

You probably can hire someone here to pay for you. Offer someone about $50 for their time, they will go to bancomer and pay for your sins. Just post the request, and your proposed fee.
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 08:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  

Geeeze Buddha--------------- Don`t chase another away. He asked a simple question, and you chose to jump him

Sounds like OP did just ask a simple direct ?, certainly with
no dishonest intent, looks like he is just trying to do the right thing

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 09:09 PM

welcome to bajanomads :(
BajaBrad

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 09:40 PM

First Post but long time reader so not too surprised. To put this to rest, I will drive down to TJ and go to the bank and pay the fine. I knew I was speeding and understood enough Spanish from the Federal Officer that not only was I speeding, I was going fast enough to be reckless. That was also a major reason I didn't try to buy my way out. Actually for a second, I thought he might nail me for reckless and take me in. Needless to say I was relieved to get the paper ticket and drive away.

FYI-I was making a one day run from Loreto to Orange County, 800 miles. The section of Highway south of GN is about 25 miles of straight and smooth road (over 40 miles if you don't count a very slight veer) that I was taking advantage of considering once I was into Baja Norte, the road would turn to crap. Road is marked 80 kph (50 mph). Road from the State Line North to El Rosario is full of potholes and caution is the word or something may break.

Just figured I wasn't the first to get a speeding ticket and be out of the country when it could be download from the webpage. Hoping for some local knowledge. Just saying!
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 09:54 PM

Info only. That section of road is a high accident area. Thus the Federal police patrolling it often.

honda tom
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 09:59 PM

yep! know that section well.... and yes, when I can see for several miles I move my left tires over the line and hammer down. So many nomads preach that stopping every 40 miles for a visit or a hike is the way to travel Baja. I know that I enjoy the places I want to get to. I would have made payment at the spot of the infraction... had it been reasonable. sorry this didn't seem to be an option at the time. I find it hard to believe this would ever show up at an interaction with Mexican law enforcement.
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 10:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BornFisher  
Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  

Geeeze Buddha--------------- Don`t chase another away. He asked a simple question, and you chose to jump him. But I`m sure you have never driven above the speed limit, so go ahead and throw the first stone.

I don't think I was throwing any 'stones' on the subject. My point was and still is "don't do the crime if you can't do the time". Rarely does anyone admit to their offense (like a speeding ticket) and in this case, trying to find an easy way out of it. What if Tamhooressi (or whatever his name was) claimed the same situation? El Chapo deserves better treatment? My point is, LAW IS LAW, regardless of country or origin (think POTUS vs. WALL, goes both ways).

I'd answer to the question the same to a newbie or an old Gomer like both you and me, regardless. I am not a newbie hammerer like a few rank-and-file members here. Just sayin'.

86 - 45*

BajaBrad

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 10:19 PM

I travelled that road north and south twice in the last month. The officer explained to me how dangerous the road was with other cars, cows, coyotes etc. In February, my friend and I left San Ignacio at 0430 and started heading north. I was passing a semi with trailer while it was still dark and just when I was abreast of the semi's front end, his headlights lite up a deer or an antelope. What ever it was, it leaped off the road away from me. It happened so quick, but heart rate bumped up, and I did slow down until the sun came up and my friend and I discussed it for a couple of hundred miles.

Part of the discussion was whether it was a deer or antelope. The animal had antlers so that made me believe it was an antelope, as I thought deer dropped their antlers in the winter. On my trip down this time, I met a guy in a bar in Loreto and he claimed to be a professional hunting guide and he had a photo of a multi-point deer that his client had shot about a week ago just north of Loreto. I have seen large deer in Tabor Canyon and world class Bighorn Sheep are around, so we can add those critters to the list of obstacles that can be encountered.
BajaBrad

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 10:33 PM

Buddha head

You were unnecessarily rude and made comments that were not constructive to the original question. My question was, "Is there a way to pay the ticket online?" If you can't answer that question, Shut Up!
honda tom
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2017 at 10:37 PM

welcome to the Baja amigos site
aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 03:44 AM

Brad;

I got hit flying north in that same area. Not speaking Spanish enabled me to frustrate the officer enough to let me go.

If you are on BD, send me a PM there, maybe I can help you out.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.