Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Paying a Speeding Ticket
billklaser
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 08:09 AM

Brad,
That is a known speed trap. I can't offer further advice on paying the ticket other than already listed. Just for future info, the Federal Highway Cops in Mexico are "Kings" of the mordida" Next time just ask the officer if he could pay the fine for you, give him the money and be on your way.

Most of the Federal Highway Cops are good to tourist, however they ravish the Mexican trucking industry.

Good driving........
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
3-24-2017 at 09:14 AM
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 09:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Speed trap? that's 25% over the posted speed limit; that'd be doing 80 in a 60 zone stateside, which would constitute reckless driving over 20mph.... whadayathink, Mexico doesn't have safety laws? You can do what you want?

So you got caught. My whole life, everyone who gets a ticket here or there has to biatch about the g-d pigs and blah blah.... you got caught amigo, so pay your fine and move on. Even with mordidas and bribes and the cops supporting their families by graft, you have a bona fide ticket. Suck it up, pay, and move on.... just sayin'.

Settle down.The man was asking how to take care of it, not get out of it. Once again, your mouth overloads your a$$ skippy.

Making America Great Again
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 10:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bubba  
Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Speed trap? that's 25% over the posted speed limit; that'd be doing 80 in a 60 zone stateside, which would constitute reckless driving over 20mph.... whadayathink, Mexico doesn't have safety laws? You can do what you want?

So you got caught. My whole life, everyone who gets a ticket here or there has to biatch about the g-d pigs and blah blah.... you got caught amigo, so pay your fine and move on. Even with mordidas and bribes and the cops supporting their families by graft, you have a bona fide ticket. Suck it up, pay, and move on.... just sayin'.

Settle down.The man was asking how to take care of it, not get out of it. Once again, your mouth overloads your a$$ skippy.

Thanks for the tip, Pismo Beach Pussy.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 06:06 PM

BajaBrad

I am happy to get that ticket paid for you! Deposit into wells fargo in the USA at 50% off and we will get it paid by April 10.

I will send you a U2U -

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaDanD
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 10:47 PM

I got the same ticket at the same spot couldn't pay the fine bank was closed that Friday, Saturday and Sunday I got the paperwork from the Federal Police office to take to the bank but it was closed. If I pay before
April 6th Its 2547.79 Pesos
After that it is 4529.40 I live in Prescott Arizona. I did the math on the cost for me to drive to Mexico and back is about the same as the additional cost for paying late. so I'm still debating on what to do.
stiladam
Nomad

Mood: Acoustic

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 11:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
BajaBrad

I am happy to get that ticket paid for you! Deposit into wells fargo in the USA at 50% off and we will get it paid by April 10.

I will send you a U2U -

Now THAT is so sweet of you!:D:D
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2017 at 08:55 AM

Blanca not only takes care of the kids but the grownups as well, good job Blanca.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2017 at 06:46 PM

BajaDan it is so much easier to just send me the cash and the ticket and I will get it paid!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2017 at 09:20 AM

Dan's ticket is paid up! Learned how to do it and it was easy. Can only be done at Bancomer so I sent cash to a student in La Paz and he went and paid it ....easy peasy.

I am happy to do this for anyone!

Send me a copy of the ticket and I can take it from there.

Come visit La Bocana

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-31-2017 at 09:40 AM

Super Nomad-like of you! People helping people!!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

kevin_in_idaho
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2017 at 10:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Dan's ticket is paid up! Learned how to do it and it was easy. Can only be done at Bancomer so I sent cash to a student in La Paz and he went and paid it ....easy peasy.

I am happy to do this for anyone!

Send me a copy of the ticket and I can take it from there.

That's very cool, thanks! I don't have any unpaid tickets but sure is nice to know that people are willing to help out!
philodog
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2017 at 11:31 AM

I`m sure it gives Brad peace of mind to have the ticket paid (and very kind of Blanca!) but do you think the Mexican Highway Patrol has the computer setup to actually check past history of a drivers license or license plates like CHP would?
philodog
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2017 at 11:33 AM

ps just noticed that that was my 100th post making me an official Nomad! No more Junior status, so proud!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.