Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Top 10 Health Benefits of Dirt Biking
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 4-9-2017 at 02:28 PM

Yeah definitely a more techno engine compared to my old 04 wr 450 that had almost 10K on it when she seized up on me. What I really like is the new suspension and center of gravity makes her handle so sweet

20170409_124150-816x459[3096].jpg - 137kB

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2017 at 05:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by blackwolfmt  
Yeah definitely a more techno engine compared to my old 04 wr 450 that had almost 10K on it when she seized up on me. What I really like is the new suspension and center of gravity makes her handle so sweet

probably fly without that extra 10 pounds of decals!
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2017 at 06:30 PM

ha, You Funny Willardguy

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2017 at 09:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

probably fly without that extra 10 pounds of decals!

I was told more steekers makes them go faster.
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2017 at 05:07 AM

A week or so I was wandering around out in the sticks and the kids in the villages wanted three things. Wheelies, stickers and to honk my bicycle horn (don't ask).
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 4-10-2017 at 07:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Gulliver  
A week or so I was wandering around out in the sticks and the kids in the villages wanted three things. Wheelies, stickers and to honk my bicycle horn (don't ask).

I have found if you can't do a wheelie, have neither a horn nor steekers they will gladly take $1 bills. lol. A friend showed me that trick recently. Not sure how their parents felt about it. I thought it was a great idea.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-10-2017 at 07:36 AM

Nice bike I always thought you put stickers over the holes you made crashing. My last 07Wr450 went 48,000 dirt miles never pulled off the head.One valve adjustment sold it 2/17/14. Never had a bike run like that my 11wr450 also good bike. Only ride it on long easy rides.Moved to smaller bike for hard single track as all 450s gas hogs.Needing big tank for the 30-37mpg. Brother has 16 Wr450 with every mod you could do to it.It is so fast up the sand hill climbs you need back off the throttle.:)
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2017 at 09:04 AM

You guys are funny. Where I ride down here in Southern Baja the more power you have, the more trouble you are in!

Light weight and good suspension are always good though. If I didn't have to give up a bunch of other good things about my old DR-350, I'd up grade. This year is the year I re-valve and rebuild my rear shock. Long overdue.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2017 at 09:06 AM

FYI to the Honda CRF450 riders. Honda use to and maybe still does use Titanium valves. They get bent from the heat or whatever, causing the engine not to start, either electric or kick, maybe with a tow. Engine builders say switch to the steel valves used in the 450 quad ATVs, they don't bend. Tunaeater had that problem pre-running the last 1000 to La Paz.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2017 at 10:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
FYI to the Honda CRF450 riders. Honda use to and maybe still does use Titanium valves. They get bent from the heat or whatever, causing the engine not to start, either electric or kick, maybe with a tow. Engine builders say switch to the steel valves used in the 450 quad ATVs, they don't bend. Tunaeater had that problem pre-running the last 1000 to La Paz.

bajatrailrider found the key....switch brands ;)
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2017 at 12:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Quote: Originally posted by TMW  

bajatrailrider found the key....switch brands ;)
I have no brand loyalty. Because of Honda CRF250-450 not reliable made me switch to WR250-450. Please Do not tell me but they used to win the Baja 1000 every year. That bike cost over 50,000$ you cant have one. So all the Mexican riders here based on that bought them. All have blown up 3/4 times a year .They are on Wrs now. :)
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2017 at 12:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Gulliver  
You guys are funny. Where I ride down here in Southern Baja the more power you have, the more trouble you are in!

Light weight and good suspension are always good though. If I didn't have to give up a bunch of other good things about my old DR-350, I'd up grade. This year is the year I re-valve and rebuild my rear shock. Long overdue.
Most riders in Baja ride dirt roads 450 great. I love hard tight single track so on my 450 just hold clutch in and idle 50hp bike no fun too much work..250 small low light bike short wheel base fun and faster then 450 on trail. Easy to ride Only problem you have to build the bike as they don't make one.:)
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2017 at 12:50 PM

Yep WR,s are such great trail bikes they luv to Lug up nasty, rocky winding single track all day long a little Hot clutchin goes a long way

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2017 at 03:31 PM

Yep WR,s are such great trail bikes they luv to Lug up nasty, rocky winding single track all day long a little Hot clutchin goes a long way
Also no overheating like Ktms,slip the hell out of the clutch. No problem:)
BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2017 at 10:40 AM

80's dual carb xr or xl600, my favorite engine. Ridiculous torque, power, and nearly 60mpg. Fired up my '01 xr650r yesterday for the first time in 5 years, I missed the sound of that beast. That is one I don't know if I can bring myself to sell. But I probably should, because it will likely lead me to an early grave or wheelchair.

Hard to beat that xr reliability, but I think I may go blue for an electric (&kick) start wr450r. Any opinions on the older 199?-200? ktm400's? A guy at the ktm dealer in Ramona was teling me the exc Racing G(?) was the one to get. Then again a little xr250 and a electric start dr350 sounds nice too.

Mtn biking is great too, but dirt biking will get you in a different shape, using muscles you hardly knew you had. Just depends how much time you have and how much you want to see.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2017 at 10:53 AM

as we speak...Hengeveld in the lead on his way to GN on the '05 big red pig!:bounce:
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2017 at 11:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBreak  
80's dual carb xr or xl600, my favorite engine. Ridiculous torque, power, and nearly 60mpg. Fired up my '01 xr650r yesterday for the first time in 5 years, I missed the sound of that beast. That is one I don't know if I can bring myself to sell. But I probably should, because it will likely lead me to an early grave or wheelchair.

Hard to beat that xr reliability, but I think I may go blue for an electric (&kick) start wr450r. Any opinions on the older 199?-200? ktm400's? A guy at the ktm dealer in Ramona was teling me the exc Racing G(?) was the one to get. Then again a little xr250 and a electric start dr350 sounds nice too.

Mtn biking is great too, but dirt biking will get you in a different shape, using muscles you hardly knew you had. Just depends how much time you have and how much you want to see.

reach deep and be the first on your block to have an electric start FUEL INJECTED TWO STROKE KTM !!!:bounce:!!!:bounce:!!!:bounce:.....;)
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2017 at 11:28 AM

Just picked up two of these last week:

BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2017 at 02:06 PM

That's awesome willardguy! Those 650r's are built to last. I was supposed to be down there checking out the NORRA Rally with my brother but he had to cancel. Still my dream to get a few guys together to run vintage class on an old xr6.

Is that a 300? I want one, but they're too rich for my blood currently. My dad bought a new ktm 350exc a year and a half ago, shortly after his 66th birthday. He decided to take up dirt biking at 50, to stay in shape, you know! haha

I love technical, almost trials like riding. Maybe I should trade one of the big bikes for a small 2 smoke trail bike.

blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2017 at 05:38 PM

Yeah BajaB I ride with smokers all the time and everybody pretty much stays the same pace, super nasty stuff they mite get to the top 1st but not usually, the wr is heavier and it does come in handy as far as stability and torque stayin ahead of my 250 challengers, if it only weighed 210 it would be a dream machine but at 271 dry its a great way to stay in shape mentally n physically, Es todo bueno

Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.