Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: Top 10 Health Benefits of Dirt Biking
BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2017 at 07:44 PM

Yeah I think I'm gonna go back to blue. As mush as I love the old Hondas, my first 4 stroke dirt bike was the 98 YZF400, and I really liked it while I had it. I don't do motocross, so I think a wr450 is in my future. Like yours, but maybe more stickers!

The 650r will have to go soon, maybe after one last ride. Gotta stay in shape, but not trail riding BRP shape....
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2017 at 08:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBreak  
Yeah I think I'm gonna go back to blue. As mush as I love the old Hondas, my first 4 stroke dirt bike was the 98 YZF400, and I really liked it while I had it. I don't do motocross, so I think a wr450 is in my future. Like yours, but maybe more stickers!

The 650r will have to go soon, maybe after one last ride. Gotta stay in shape, but not trail riding BRP shape....

you mean not scott summers shape... and no thats NOT photo shopped!
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 4-24-2017 at 08:09 PM

Never I will always be the steeker king, You will luv Wilma R she will treat U right

And Willard Johnny Campbell will always RULE

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 4-24-2017 at 09:11 PM

what dirt bike is the most reliable.
not fastest or most fun,
Which one dont break to much?

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2017 at 09:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  
not fastest or most fun,

Honda XR anything, pretty much. Air cooled, add an oil cooler, good to go.

Yamaha xt225, 250, good small fire road bike. Depends what you want to do with it.
BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2017 at 09:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

Scott Summers is the man. It's partly why I want a bored out xr250 trail bike. He recall he rode the xr6 or a trick xr250 depending on the course. I remember that article, and reading about his training. I tried holding a few bikes like that, and quickly realized I was not Scott Summers!
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 08:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Just picked up two of these last week:

Have to
Have to admit I do love the KTM 300 2 smoke,much more reliable then KTM 4 stroke. Only problem in Baja only good for short day rides around house.One buddy went on 4 day ride with me on Gas Gas 300 2 smoke.He used 8 Gal fuel in one day 180 miles,If it was not for a Mexican rancher. In the middle of nowhere with extra gas in back of his truck.We would have had to leave the Gas Gas 300 there. Even after the Drama he still had to bum gas from our Xrs to get back.So he used over 8 gal fuel that day.:)
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 08:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  
not fastest or most fun,
Not the most fastest 03/17 CRf230f but Ultra reliable. You do need mod rear shock,or change to fox shock. Many as new 03/04s 1600$ or less. I own a few 230s:).CR susp,bore and stroked to 272cc 6sp estart.Even built ultra reliable.50mpg even with built engine,top speed over 80mph.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 08:18 AM

Larry, see your u2u.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 09:16 AM

I would agree that the air cooled Honda XR series is a very reliable bike. Not a good race bike for long high speed stuff in stock condition. They won't last long if you keep the throttle wide open for very long. The XR600 was hard to start most of the time, OK when warm. My 2004 XR250 was probably the best bike I've owned for cruising in the dirt and trail riding.
joerover
Banned

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 11:11 AM

. Depends what you want to do with it.

Search for water in the desert

I am not in a hurry, also not a good mechanic.

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
I would agree that the air cooled Honda XR series is a very reliable bike. Not a good race bike for long high speed stuff in stock condition. They won't last long if you keep the throttle wide open for very long. The XR600 was hard to start most of the time, OK when warm. My 2004 XR250 was probably the best bike I've owned for cruising in the dirt and trail riding.

Honda you say, no one votes outside of Honda, hmmm.

What about mpg or size of gas tank.
Can you buy, do they make larger gas tanks. For people that do find water.

Subject: Top 10 Health Benefits of Dirt Biking
= more time to search for water

[Edited on 4-25-2017 by joerover]

the fat lady is breeding
which means
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 11:39 AM

Mad Bum doesn`t think dirt biking is healthy. Nor do his teammates (Giants baseball).

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 01:29 PM

Remember the bigger the engine the more fuel it drinks. That said an XR 4 stroke will get between 35-50 miles per gallon depending on the terrain you are riding on. Soft sand low end, hard pack dirt high end. Most XRs can be fitted with a 4 gallon tank. They make bigger tanks depending on who you buy from. I always had a 4 gallon tank on my XR600 and XR250. The tanks usually have a reserve of 1/2 gallon.

Because I'm short my XR250 had shaved seat foam=1 inch lower. A suspension lowering link for another inch. That way I could stop with both feet on the ground.

I also always had my stator rewired for a higher output for better lighting and a Scotts stabilizer to reduce head shake when you hit those hidden rocks at speed.

[Edited on 4-25-2017 by TMW]
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 03:39 PM

You guys made me look at 2017 CRF450R and X. Now I want one. Probably the R. But the X has a bigger fuel tank 2.2 gal.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 04:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
You guys made me look at 2017 CRF450R and X. Now I want one. Probably the R. But the X has a bigger fuel tank 2.2 gal.

don't forget the "button" kit!;)
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 04:15 PM

Scott Summers is the man. It's partly why I want a bored out xr250 trail bike. He recall he rode the xr6 or a trick xr250 depending on the course. I remember that article, and reading about his training. I tried holding a few bikes like that, and quickly realized I was not Scott Summers!

...health benefits of dirt biking?
I can lift my mountain bike with one finger of one hand. What's with you dirt bikers being so weak? :lol:
joerover
Banned

rolleyes.gif posted on 4-25-2017 at 06:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

I can lift my mountain bike with one finger of one hand. What's with you dirt bikers being so weak? :lol:

:D
A four thousand dollar bike race bike, I can lift with my index finger. A$15,000 bike like the one ironman rides to the win, I can lift with my pinky finger. Iron man uses a carbonfiber chain rated for 100 miles, and graphite cogs.

My mt bike cost more than a 150 cc moto. I can not lift it with 1 finger. I have heard storys about 23 pound and even 17 pound mt bikes. Not the best choice for Baja. What if it fails, and david does not return to that road for four months.

[Edited on 4-26-2017 by joerover]

the fat lady is breeding
which means
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 06:27 PM

Goats have hooves not hands, whats going on here:lol:

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 09:26 PM

I loathe the internet, but it has some good stuff sometimes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7-6nXGflec
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 11:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

My 6 year old can also lift your Mountain bike MT666. He is stronger smarter then you,your the biggest wimp on here. 10,000$ offer still waiting you pussy cat hiding behind your computer. Be a man once in your life show all that your not a deranged looser. OPPS guess you are even more of a wimp then we all know you are. Arm chair talker shut up or take the 10 grand offer. :?::?::?::?::?::?:
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.