Author: Subject: Top 10 Health Benefits of Dirt Biking
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-1-2017 at 07:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Have to agree with Stucksucks Dirt biking keeps you in Tip top shape. I ride with a 75 year old That David knows Mike that drove the Red Toyota on pole line road few years ago. Tuff as nails riding over 60 years. Too bad the Wimp Mt666 is too scared and weak to try it.

is the $10K challenge still on, and can anyone get into that? ;)
The 10 grand challenge is only for the Idiot MT666 that hides under his computer. If this wimp had balls he would show up to collect.We all know the Baja Nomad blow hard Truest is just a Arm chair talker.:bounce:

I told you I need see proof of money in escrow - $10K USD in 100s.
Where/what am I supposed to ride? Is there a time limit? Who is supplying the bike? (I ain't wasting my money on a bike)

joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 4-1-2017 at 08:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by StuckSucks  

Prediction: Someone will chime in, suggesting a switch to mountain biking.

as you requested

switch to mountain biking.

and the girls will leave you alone, until after you go to the lavamatica

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 4-1-2017 at 08:56 PM

2 questions about dirt bikes,
What bike is the most reliable?
What bike gets the best milage?

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2017 at 09:31 PM

The bikes are so reliable these days that it's not a very large part of the equation. My old 1994 Suzuki 350 has never been worked on beyond replacing tires and such expendables. It's been years since I've even checked the valves. 28K of Baja miles. A regular Energizer Bunny.

As to mileage, before the bike runs out of gas, you run out of gas. Buy an aftermarket oversized tank.

Bike choices depend more on where you are likely to ride. All the way from a Gold Wing to cruise Rt. 1 to an observed trials bike for a few spots around here that scare me.

The swiss army knife is a Kawasaki DLR650. You can ride one down the freeway to get here and you can take one up most of the route I just did two days ago. But if you went with me you would be thinking of a smaller, lighter machine of next time. But if you decided to haul a lot of camping gear and had to do a lot of pavement miles to get here, even the KLR might seem small.

There are more dealers and more second hand bikes if you stick with the Japanese machinery. For years most of the bikes down here were Hondas and for good reasons. And they are still the standard of all around performance. The KTM's and even a few other european brands are showing up in increasing numbers. There is a price penalty and they are more complicated.

You want reliability and the best milage? A Japanese guy rode around the world some years ago on a shaft drive 50cc bike that was bought used from the Japanese post office. Total reliability and minimal fuel consumption. But then there were obvious drawbacks. How much rice could he carry?

For years anyone who headed around the world ride a BMW. Now it is starting to be a KLR-650.

To be honest with you, if you are starting out, buy a used 400 Honda or something close to it and plan on selling it after a year or two. You will learn so much about your desires and abilities that you will buy the right bike for you the second time around.

I'm getting on in years, sad to admit, and there will come a day when I find that lifting this 350 off my leg is too much. I will look for something lighter like my spouse's Yamaha XT-225. It weighs nothing and the gas goes stale in it. It doesn't have the most sophisticated suspension but it will be running when they throw it in my grave with my sorry carcass.

[Edited on 4-2-2017 by Gulliver]
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-1-2017 at 09:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Have to agree with Stucksucks Dirt biking keeps you in Tip top shape. I ride with a 75 year old That David knows Mike that drove the Red Toyota on pole line road few years ago. Tuff as nails riding over 60 years. Too bad the Wimp Mt666 is too scared and weak to try it.

The 10 grand challenge is only for the Idiot MT666 that hides under his computer. If this wimp had balls he would show up to collect.We all know the Baja Nomad blow hard Truest is just a Arm chair talker.:bounce:

Where/what am I supposed to ride? Is there a time limit? Who is supplying the bike? (I ain't wasting my money on a bike)

I supply Wr450 5 baja nomad witness.You wont need a time limit.Because you wont be able to finish.Then you may think about us out of shape dirt bikers.:) After that you will wake up to the fact.It takes skill strength guts endurance.This is in Mexico as the forum Baja off road.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2017 at 06:38 PM

I supply Wr450 5 baja nomad witness.You wont need a time limit.Because you wont be able to finish.Then you may think about us out of shape dirt bikers.:) After that you will wake up to the fact.It takes skill strength guts endurance.This is in Mexico as the forum Baja off road.

any idea what you're gonna do with that extra $10K larry? :yes:

KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2017 at 06:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Gulliver  
Ouch! Someone out there riding that's older than me. I'll be 74 in May. And I feel every day of it this evening.

Got to be proud of that!

I sold my Banshee and bought a Rancher because every time I was on it I was doing 100+

Now I realize that putting around on a quad is useless as far as exercise goes so I bought a micro dualsport!

Balance and reaction adds years I'm convinced
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2017 at 07:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by KaceyJ  
Ouch! Someone out there riding that's older than me. I'll be 74 in May. And I feel every day of it this evening.

Got to be proud of that!

I sold my Banshee and bought a Rancher because every time I was on it I was doing 100+

Now I realize that putting around on a quad is useless as far as exercise goes so I bought a micro dualsport!

Balance and reaction adds years I'm convinced

ABSOLUTELY! and a tip of the hat that says you don't have to opt for the cage! :yes:
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2017 at 07:46 PM

I've never tried a quad or any of the vehicles that sort of grew from them. I guess it's a quad if you sit one behind the other and something else if you sit side by side.

I am impressed at how fast the Razer(sp?) things were going at our last race. But then someone told me how much the driver had into it. Ouch.

I would have a hard time moving over rough ground sitting down. The ability to use my legs to take up some of the vertical movement really helps me cover ground. Until I get worn out later in the day and am too stinking tired to stand up!

Also, being only a few inches wide at ground level helps shoot through all sorts of things. An experienced rider is looking quite a ways ahead to get the right track. And of course we can slip through narrow spots. I was really impressed by those pictures of the Matomi Wash. I could hardly believe you squeezed trucks through there. And the ability to turn a bike around in a really small space is great.

We have day rides out of Mulege that include everything from pickups to bikes and just about the only drawback is that the four wheeled drivers don't get to take many breaks because of the speed differences. As soon as they catch up then off we go!

We bikers don't make a peep as they are carrying the food and camp gear for us!!!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-3-2017 at 08:19 AM

I've never tried a quad or any of the vehicles that sort of grew from them. I guess it's a quad if you sit one behind the other and something else if you sit side by side.

I am impressed at how fast the Razer(sp?) things were going at our last race. But then someone told me how much the driver had into it. Ouch.

I would have a hard time moving over rough ground sitting down. The ability to use my legs to take up some of the vertical movement really helps me cover ground. Until I get worn out later in the day and am too stinking tired to stand up!

Also, being only a few inches wide at ground level helps shoot through all sorts of things. An experienced rider is looking quite a ways ahead to get the right track. And of course we can slip through narrow spots. I was really impressed by those pictures of the Matomi Wash. I could hardly believe you squeezed trucks through there. And the ability to turn a bike around in a really small space is great.

We have day rides out of Mulege that include everything from pickups to bikes and just about the only drawback is that the four wheeled drivers don't get to take many breaks because of the speed differences. As soon as they catch up then off we go!

We bikers don't make a peep as they are carrying the food and camp gear for us!!!

Do you go with WillyAirstream on his runs? Did I see you at the La Purísima restaurant where his group was eating on their Mulegé to San Miguel Comondú run?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2017 at 08:42 AM

Normally, yes. I missed that one. They had grand plans of going through to San Javier but with a big group it takes forever to get going.

Kind like elephants mating. Lots of screaming in high places and then nothing happens for two years.

Don't get me wrong. I like those runs but I have few illusions about covering a lot of ground.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-3-2017 at 08:49 AM

They were indeed running late. The sun was almost setting when they left La Purísima. They were relieved when I told them the road to Comondú was mostly very fast.

I had a very good fish dinner there and stayed at the little motel, next door.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2017 at 07:30 AM

any idea what you're gonna do with that extra $10K larry? :yes:

The 10 grand is just extra money,it is just to prove this wimp Mt666 talks smack about off road people. As far as other question what is most reliable real dirt bikes for Baja any 96-04 Xr250/400 air cooled. Water cooled hands down 04/ 11 then 2016/17 Wr250/450. Then of course you have your dual sport bikes many good ones out there. They are great for some dirt roads,easy trails. Very hard to ride in deep sand or hard single track. As for ATVs I have one KFX 700 V twin dual carb ATV. Dont really like them beats you up real good.
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 4-8-2017 at 02:05 PM

[rquote=dirt bikes for Baja any 96-04 Xr250/400 air cooled. Water cooled hands down 04/ 11 then 2016/17 Wr250/450. Then of course you have your dual sport bikes many good ones out there. They are great for some dirt roads,easy trails. Very hard to ride in deep sand or hard single track. As for ATVs I have one KFX 700 V twin dual carb ATV. Dont really like them beats you up real good. [/rquote]

I will Vouch for the 2016 WR 450 have almost 1600 mi on her and she ROCKS !!!!!:bounce:

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2017 at 02:46 PM

Yes, Kurt Caselli showed everyone that KTM is a dirt bike to be reckoned with.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2017 at 02:50 PM

They brought their ATV's into the US for a couple of years too.

[img[/URL][/img]
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 4-8-2017 at 03:16 PM

RIP KC a real badazz

And if Eli wins tonight he either ties or takes the point lead Go Eli

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2017 at 06:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Its not the bike Kurt could win on any brand bike. He was that good.:)
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 4-8-2017 at 07:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

well there was those 16 straight dakar wins.......
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2017 at 10:43 AM

[/rquote] The 10 grand is just extra money,it is just to prove this wimp Mt666 talks smack about off road people. As far as other question what is most reliable real dirt bikes for Baja any 96-04 Xr250/400 air cooled. Water cooled hands down 04/ 11 then 2016/17 Wr250/450. Then of course you have your dual sport bikes many good ones out there. They are great for some dirt roads,easy trails. Very hard to ride in deep sand or hard single track. As for ATVs I have one KFX 700 V twin dual carb ATV. Dont really like them beats you up real good.

I've had several bikes over the years and a couple stand out. My 1987 YZ250. Easy to start and the suspension was great over whoops. My 1990 KX500. Also easy to start, suspension was good, really smooth. A blast in the sand. My last bike was a 2004 XR250. Very easy to start, usually first or second kick. I was really surprised at the suspension, especially for a 4 stroke. Being older I really enjoyed riding it. I gave it to my son in 2011 and his son now rides it. I've never ridden any of the new bikes but I've been around them for racing. They do seem to have a great suspension setup. The only drawback I think is the complexity of the engines, more maintenance required.

I've had a Honda 1984 CT110, really fun wish I still had it. A 1984 Honda XR500 a good bike with twin carbs. 1987 Honda CR500, hard to start but fast. Head shake a problem at speed. 1992 Honda XR600, really hard to start at times and not as fast as the XR500.
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.