Not again!

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 02:19 PM
Conflicting information

To be expected....

http://ensenada.net/noticias/nota.php?id=48564

http://www.elvigia.net/911/2017/3/29/asesinan-balazos-comand...

[Edited on 3-29-2017 by bajaguy]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 02:33 PM

Second shootout this week in the remote desert. A few days ago they found a bullet-riddled tacoma on punta abreojos road, victims were gone, just found bloody tacoma full of bullet holes.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 02:35 PM
Now the facts...

The shootout was over 7 miles south from El Rosario, in the desert, not in town... NO TOURISTS HURT.

This from BajaCactus:

Shootout at Km 73.5 south of El Rosario. A private vehicle was shot... 3 policemen involved... 2 injured... 1 dead. An American couple arrived after the shootout and transported an injured policeman to El Rosario... No civilian were injured. Desert Hawks deployed paramedics and volunteers to assist... Injured police were treated and sent to a major hospital in Col. Vicente Guerrero. I just realized we need to find a couple of bulletproof vests to have in the ambulances and wear in this cases. Many police forces arrived to El Rosario... Military, marines, federal police, state police, municipal police... Everyone. All our Hawks are safely back to base.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 02:43 PM

Getting to be a war zone..And NO DK, its not ok just because no tourists were injured..I'll see if I can scare up some Vests for the guys at Cactus...How would get them there?..I bet its illegal to take em into Mexico...

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 02:50 PM

Why are ambulance drivers requesting armor? Are bad hombres targeting more than law enforement?
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 02:58 PM

Methinks threat level III vests might be good for everyday stuff, but you are gonna need some shock trauma ballistic plates to stop a 7.62x39 or a .223

And yeah, it might be a problem getting them across the border. Wouldn't want to get checked by Aduana

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Getting to be a war zone..And NO DK, its not ok just because no tourists were injured..I'll see if I can scare up some Vests for the guys at Cactus...How would get them there?..I bet its illegal to take em into Mexico...
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 03:00 PM

WHERE did I say the shooting was OK????
Stop the Fake News please!!!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 03:02 PM

You have a link to the Baja Cactus info??

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
The shootout was over 7 miles south from El Rosario, in the desert, not in town... NO TOURISTS HURT.

This from BajaCactus:

Shootout at Km 73.5 south of El Rosario. A private vehicle was shot... 3 policemen involved... 2 injured... 1 dead. An American couple arrived after the shootout and transported an injured policeman to El Rosario... No civilian were injured. Desert Hawks deployed paramedics and volunteers to assist... Injured police were treated and sent to a major hospital in Col. Vicente Guerrero. I just realized we need to find a couple of bulletproof vests to have in the ambulances and wear in this cases. Many police forces arrived to El Rosario... Military, marines, federal police, state police, municipal police... Everyone. All our Hawks are safely back to base.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 03:05 PM

While I know there is only one expert here, the first reports had a tourist injured. I suspect as someone else has said...there is more to this story to come out.

http://www.uniradioinforma.com/noticias/ensenada/472378/ejec...

[Edited on 3-29-2017 by rts551]
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 03:12 PM

RE: Vests..I don't know what we have surplus in the equipment room...BUT BUT something is better than nothing...I'll check tomorrow..Suggestions for getting them down there? Really don't need any comments about hard it is...

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 03:22 PM

When I brought a couple down I put them flat in the trunk, covered them with a Harbor Freight moving pad, then put suitcases and an ice chest on top....and got pulled in. Looked in the trunk and ice chest, then sent on my way........second time was another story

RE: Vests..I don't know what we have surplus in the equipment room...BUT BUT something is better than nothing...I'll check tomorrow..Suggestions for getting them down there? Really don't need any comments about hard it is...
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 03:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Why are ambulance drivers requesting armor? Are bad hombres targeting more than law enforement?

By Baja Cactus: "I just realized we need to find a couple of bulletproof vests to have in the ambulances and wear in this cases."(highlighting mine).

Goathead, just what the hell are you a professor of? Sure ain't common sense, or spell-check for that matter... the word is 'enforCement', oh scholar.

Having been an EMT I can speak for myself that if I were on a call with a potential shooter threat I'd want a vest, no doubt. Maybe a couple of 'em. Anyone in a uniform is fair game to nut-jobs with a gun, they're equal opportunity shooters.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 03:44 PM

RE Vests: I am not looking for a method, but a way to get them down there..Like a volunteer to do it..USE U2U if you are camera shy...

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 03:59 PM

Just the facts, My A$$. Eye witness who transported the victim is over on talk baja. Has a different story than you David K.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 04:06 PM

David K's need to be an Oracle often causes his bullchit level to overflow...

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 04:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
Just the facts, My A$$. Eye witness who transported the victim is over on talk baja. Has a different story than you David K.

I think dk repeated info from the ambulance. And the tb eyewitness acount was from someone that left the scene before ambulance arrived.
Eyewitness accounts are often conflicting.
This may be a case where alternative facts are each indeed factual.

(OMG! Am i defending dk?!?!?!?)

[Edited on 3-29-2017 by mtgoat666]
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 04:18 PM

I think dk repeated info from the ambulance. And the tb eyewitness acount was from someone that left the scene before ambulance arrived.

Eyewitness...took the injured to the clinic. Ambulance got there after the injured had been transported. DK's bold heading "now for the facts". Guess he jumped the gun.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 04:30 PM

Eyewitness said it involved a heAd-on collision. Does eyewitness know spanish? Maybe it was a car accident and no shooting?
Seems all versions of story are incomplete.
We'll probably never know...

Eyewitness...took the injured to the clinic. Ambulance got there after the injured had been transported. DK's bold heading "now for the facts". Guess he jumped the gun.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 04:47 PM

Got this from a friend:

Solo a el novio de mi hermana es Policia y le dieron un roson con una vala en el brazo pero nada grave.

Pages:  1    3  ..  7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.