Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Socket Roll-new product
LukeJobbins
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2017 at 04:04 PM
Socket Roll-new product

Hey guys sorry if this is not acceptable to post stuff like this but I thought I would share this here. (Moderators feel free to remove if necessary)

I am in no way associated with this company or guy. I just thought since it looked helpful for me instead of annoying plastic rows or just a bag or randomness, it might interest some of you. This is the link to purchase the product. They have a website too but the video on this page does a way better job than their website.

https://igg.me/at/socketroll/emal/16400564

I was searching for a rollable socket storage device and this popped up on google images and I was sent this link to purchase by the owner. Its brand new, it seems pretty cool and i'm giving it a go. It is a rollable socket set storage device/thing. It is not dirt cheap($50 plus shipping) but it should free up some space in my jeep from the plastic rows while keeping it more organized. Just to clarify even though it says it several times on the website, this is just the organizer, not any tools/sockets. Thanks
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 4-1-2017 at 04:13 PM

Looks kewl, but I didn't notice any metric #s in there. Plus I've found if you're in a jeep and bouncing, fabric 'kits' tend to wear holes where the metal pieces are when playing bouncy-bouncy in the back country (and driving, too *grin*). Tool kits are a must by all means.... I enjoy my favorites... a Mexican socket set (crescent wrench, mine's left-handed) and a Mexican backhoe (shovel) and Mexican winch (hi-lift jack and a loooong chain). Can practically go anywhere with all 3. Thanx for the look.

[Edited on 4-1-2017 by bajabuddha]

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-1-2017 at 04:14 PM

Wire..ya gotta add wire...

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-1-2017 at 04:35 PM

And duct tape!

LukeJobbins
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2017 at 05:01 PM

Metric? I drive a jeep not a toyota. And I plan on mounting it like a fire extinguisher with a bracket or some really heavy duty velcro straps.
LukeJobbins
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2017 at 05:02 PM

And it does have metric. Just FYI
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 4-2-2017 at 04:13 PM

Now that I am retired I have more than enough time to look around for stuff like that. Also sorting out the metric is real fun. :lol::lol::lol:
Socket Roll

[*] posted on 5-1-2017 at 01:55 AM

Hey Guys. My name is Chris and I invented Socket Roll. As Luke said he is in no way associated with me or the product, but so want to thank him for posting up. Thanks Luke.

I wanted to come on board and be available to answer any questions you may have, so hopefully so can be of some assistance.

@bajabuddha - as Luke mentioned, there are metric sizes for the 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 drives. Also, I am glad you brought up the metal wearing through the fabric issue. I was initially worried about the same thing so to be sure that didn't happen I inserted a layer of high density plastic behind each of the rows and also gave the Socket Roll two layers of fabric which helps in protection of not only the sockets, ratchets and accessories, but also gives you an outside layer that you can "beat up" without tearing into the inside layer. Glad you think it looks "kewl" too :)

@Marc - Congratulations on being retired. It's always nice when you can sit back and enjoy life and do what you love to do. I'm also glad that you have the time to sort through the metric sizes, but I want you to get out there and enjoy the toys you have instead of looking for sockets :)

Let me know if I can answer any other questions guys and don't forget to check out the link for additional info, like the complete list of socket sizes and the FAQ.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.