Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 4,000 more hotel rooms coming to Cabo
MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2017 at 01:06 PM
4,000 more hotel rooms coming to Cabo

FYI, I attended the recent Tianguis Turistico in Acapulco and we were told to expect almost 4,000 new rooms to be added to Los Cabos by the end of 2018.

Don't shoot the messenger. I was shocked when I heard this at one of the meetings there. My first thought is how they have enough water for that many more people. Talk about being overbuilt.

Note: When these numbers come out, the state tourism office usually "expands" Los Cabos to include Todos Santos all the way around to the East Cape.

BajaUtah
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2017 at 01:37 PM

According to Google the average hotel is 200 rooms. That's 20 hotels. They have built what, 5 new ones since Odile? That's a bunch of building to happen in a year.

Of course they could mean the Mexican idea of hotel rooms in that they build a fancy gate and let you use your imagination for what's on the other side.

Andy
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2017 at 02:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MexicoTed  

My first thought is how they have enough water for that many more people. Talk about being overbuilt.

I've thought of water issue there for yrs., although that would never
stop Mex developers. I know they tout the water in, I believe
the, Laguna Mtns., but heck, it is a few miles from the Pacific
to the Cortez, almost
surrounded by salt water. Ensenada water
guys that use wells to fill roof top tanks, takes them x time
longer to fill their truck due to dropping ground water levels.
How many golf courses to water, 12++?

[Edited on 4-6-2017 by sancho]
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2017 at 05:23 PM

This would be the second round of adding 4000 hotels rooms since Odile. Lots of hotel infill construction going on along the corridor and blocking views from the highway. The Hard Rock hotel chain alone will add 600 rooms in Cabo by 2018 and the Four Season's chain is re-packaging the Cabo Riviera project in La Ribera as a luxury 145 room + marine village where one can acquire a bespoke home within an exclusive gated bubble. The resources and logistics to feed and water the visitors will tax the environment and infrastructure indeed. I read an article in which Mexicans are concerned about the La Paz water supply over the next 20 years. The theme song could be "Take the Money and Run".

I flew into Cabo on a Saturday in January and won't do that again. Busy, crowded and back-uped traffic in the parking lot. The airport bypass, twinned road to La Paz and the north bypass were built for a reason! Cabo + La Paz were "militarized" last week to protect the assets, but a US citizen was caught in the cross fire and shot last week near athe hotel zone SJD.
http://metropolimx.com/reportajes/242/militarizan-la-paz-y-l...

Glad I had the chance to enjoy paradise before they started paving it. Hope you have a chance get out see the rest of Baja before it gets popular.

[Edited on 4-6-2017 by windgrrl]

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2017 at 05:45 PM

Pray for bad economy. People travel less.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2017 at 09:08 PM

If I remember correctly from the event, there will be a new Le Blanc Resort, 2 new resorts/timeshares from Solmar, and another from the Cachet Group (not sure who they are).

El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2017 at 12:21 PM

Out the east cape road we have this under construction.
http://www.vidanta.com/destinations/east-cape

We will be blessed with the largest swimming pool on the planet according to their web site. They say salt water, so I hope they use water from the ocean. Generally salt water pools are not nearly as salty as the sea..

Also in the grading process a hotel at 9 Palms.

I have no right to complain since we had a house built out here a dozen years ago. People who came here before that hated to see houses going in.

Maybe that 9 palms place will have a nice restaurant.......

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
BajaUtah
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2017 at 02:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by El Jefe  

Where is the Vidanta going in?

Maybe that means power and water to the south East Cape? might be good, might not.

Andy
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2017 at 03:02 PM

We will be blessed with the largest swimming pool on the planet according to their web site. They say salt water, so I hope they use water from the ocean. Generally salt water pools are not nearly as salty as the sea..

I have no right to complain since we had a house built out here a dozen years ago. People who came here before that hated to see houses going in.

:barf::barf::barf::barf: Sad to hear :(

In that pre-Google Earth and social media epoch, The Code was adhered to. It was based on a simple verity: if a locale had been transformational for you, and you had put the hard yards in to get there and to learn it, to know it, why in god�s name would you broadcast the news, thus ruining the future experience not only for yourself, but for future adventurers?
imlost
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2017 at 08:39 PM

I found this map showing the location of the Vidanta. The triangular-shaped development to the left (south) is Zacatitos. To the far left, is San Jose Del Cabo. Sort of makes me sick to see this kind of development creeping up the East Cape.
https://www.aimfair.com/dl2944?display
https://www.aimfair.com/dl2945?display

[Edited on 4-7-2017 by imlost]
jessk68

[*] posted on 4-7-2017 at 03:35 AM

that's interesting. looks like it's gonna be a behemoth of a hotel. hope there be an adequate demand for that. wonder how they will be managing it. New Zeland should think about something of the kind too. read a report that some people had to stay with the localsbecause their flights had been delayed and there was literally nowhere else for them to go, all the flats, hotels etc. were booked. in contrast in Spain hotels are sold almost in every corner

[Edited on 4-7-2017 by jessk68]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.