Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: La Paz new aquarium
aldosalato
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2005 at 02:22 PM
La Paz new aquarium

I went today to see the new aquarium of La Paz and I got very disappointed.

I do not know how much money was spent but even if it was little it will always be too much.

The beautiful ex-government house has been totally ripped off, destroyed, replaced with cheap fish tanks and painted with tacky colours.

It should have been an attraction to tourists and pride of its own citizens. Instead it will be a shame for future generation.

Again La Paz and its administrator proved once more that it lacks proper planning and management.
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 2-13-2005 at 02:45 PM

Is that the lovely old building on the beach north of La Paz that I was told used to be the governor's residence? If so I was given a tour of it about 3 years ago by Raul Sanchez, the fire chief of La Paz, when a friend and I had helped coordinate the donation of some firefighting equipment from our local department to the La Paz FD. I was very impressed by the building and the grounds and thought it had great potential for some public use. At the time access was restricted. If that is the bulding I am sorry to hear that it was so poorly done.
aldosalato
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2005 at 03:12 PM

Yes that is the building.

That is the ultimate proof that the road to hell is paved of good intentions!!

The idea to build and Aquarium is great but the way it has been implemented is very disappointing........
gringorio
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2005 at 04:19 PM
any photos?

aldosalato

It sounds terrible. Can you (or anyone else) post photos of the aquarium for us to see what you mean?

gringorio

aldosalato
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2005 at 04:36 PM

I called today the director of the Loreto museum that is momentarily in La Paz and I told him about my disappointment.
Things can still be improved but most of the damage has been done.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.