Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: An effort to fund replacement for Coco's truck
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2017 at 08:43 AM
An effort to fund replacement for Coco's truck

For those Nomads who may be interested, a GoFundMe page has been set up to help in the purchase of a replacement truck for Coco. It is being administered by a couple from Atascadero, California in conjunction with a fellow in Ensenada. There is no need to respond here on BajaNomad either positively or negatively to this effort. Those who feel they would like to help can go to the link and donate what you deem appropriate - $5.00, $10.00, or whatever. To those who choose to help, simply going to the link and supporting this effort will speak to your generosity.

https://www.gofundme.com/cocos-corner-ranch

To those who feel otherwise, those who in the past have taken every opportunity to post caustic and unkind comments relating to Coco, your belittling this effort will also tell others a little bit more about you.

I have asked and received Doug Means OK to post this request. Those who wish more information on any of this may U2U me and I will attempt to answer your questions.

John M
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-8-2017 at 09:18 AM

Pretty Tall Horse...

John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2017 at 09:39 AM
Yes Chuckie!

Absolutely correct Chuckie, do know that a tall horse will also put you tall in the saddle.

Additionally, this past Wednesday Coco gave me nearly $1,000 that had been donated by passers by, money put into his "donation" can. This will not be reflected in the GoFundMe total. That money will be forwarded to Atascadero on Monday. Likewise additional donations were collected at the San Felipe 250 - those also will not show on the GoFundMe page.

John M
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-8-2017 at 10:20 AM

My current ride is 16.3 hands..Tall enough for ya? Appy/Arab

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2017 at 01:59 PM

My uncle had two plow horses that were 16 hands high, maybe more.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-8-2017 at 02:09 PM

Thank you John for helping an 80 year old man with no legs who has done so much in the middle of nowhere to create an oasis for Baja travelers.

TW, how did he look this week (yesterday or the day before?) if you stopped on your way north?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2017 at 02:20 PM

We stayed at Cocos Thursday night and he was doing very well. He thought rumors of his death were a bit premature. He plans on living at least another 10 years or more.
Rossman
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2017 at 03:37 PM

Stopped there on Tuesday and again today and he is doing great and as feisty as ever. Selling Coco's Tee Shirts now that are a bit over priced but you get a couple old Baja stories for free so I bought 2.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2017 at 08:21 AM

He is a legend and miracles happen. Hope his truck is replaced soon.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-10-2017 at 09:33 AM

TW has a great idea, perhaps?: Coco's new 4x4, already registered in his state: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=86199

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 4-10-2017 at 10:51 AM

John, thanks for the heads up! I love tee shirts from unique places and folks. A Coco tee shirts is a rare thing.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2017 at 12:36 PM

I spoke with the lady doing the Fund Me page and it appears the 1989 Jeep Wagoneer is probably not the way to go with Coco. He needs a truck to haul his large water barrels, gas cans and propane tanks. So if anyone has or knows of a truck for sale in good condition at a price within budget please let us know.
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 08:13 AM
update on buying a truck for Coco

I've emailed with Lisa, the sponsor of the effort to replace Coco's truck. She has the GoFundMe account money plus other donations, those given to Coco directly, and other monies from other people. She is prepared to return to Baja and buy the vehicle suited to Coco's needs - mid to late May if everything works out.

Nomads have paid a lot of visits to the earlier post/thread - and generously donated. I believe Lisa indicated that there will another couple of weeks for the account. If you feel the need, you could contact her directly through the GoFundMe page.

https://www.gofundme.com/cocos-corner-ranch

Please consider supporting this effort within the next few days - $5.00 - $10.00 donations make a difference.

Respectfully

John Marnell
MMc
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 09:00 AM

Thanks John. This is a good cause for a fun guy!

BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 12:00 PM

I made a donation in person last week.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 02:39 PM
Truck

What type of vehicle are they looking for and does it have to be modified with hand controls or other devices??
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 07:02 PM

Coco wants a Ford F250 but most likely will settle for a F150. I don't know about hand controls and as far as I know he never used them on his other truck. There were stories of him driving with sticks to push on the gas pedal and brake. Maybe he used his artificial legs when he drove.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 07:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
Coco wants a Ford F250 but most likely will settle for a F150. I don't know about hand controls and as far as I know he never used them on his other truck. There were stories of him driving with sticks to push on the gas pedal and brake. Maybe he used his artificial legs when he drove.

Sticks?
Sounds like it is time for coco to quit driving and endangering people. Perhaps you should gofund a credit-balance with a taxi company, eh?
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 07:22 PM

hey Goat just forwarded your comments to my gulf war buds and with any luck they will gift you with some sticks,
you obviously need enlightenment

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
MMc
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 07:31 PM

Coco, is just fine without any of us. Our little pee up don't affect him at all, we should all be like Coco!!!!!
Give a little to a guy, we should all be like!!!

[Edited on 4-26-2017 by MMc]

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.