Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5
Author: Subject: San Felipe - Quad & Wallet stolen at gunpoint
Louie800gs

sad.gif posted on 4-11-2017 at 02:32 PM
San Felipe - Quad & Wallet stolen at gunpoint

On Friday 04/7/2017 we were camping on site #’s 63-64 on the far left side of Pete's Camp and I took a ride at around 11:00p.m. 100-150 feet to the left (north) and was in front of El Dorado Ranch. I stopped there for a little while and that’s when another quad with two guys approached me coming from Pete’s camp. I didn’t think anything bad about it and I simply figured it was other campers coming from the camp. They made small talk with me in Spanish and then circled around me and returned, they got off their quad and the guy sitting in the back seat pulled a gun at me. The guy driving the quad searched my pockets and took my wallet, the guy with the gun then told me to leave at which point I ran to the edge of the beach and ran back to my campsite. I described the quad the two guys were on to the police and they mentioned that a quad like that was reported stolen 15 minutes before mine got stolen. I've been going to San Felipe for many years and have never encountered any issues. Keep your guard up and keep safe out there. Text

[Edited on 4-11-2017 by Louie800gs]

sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2017 at 03:04 PM

Been going there since late '80's, I try to keep up on incidents
there with tourists. One of the 1st involving armed robbery I
can remember, thanks for the heads up. Your post is another
I have to keep from the wife. Without too much
paranoia, for the 1st time, I've
gone thru a scenario with the wife of what I think would be an
a controlled reaction in case of a robbery, don't want her
over reacting. Crossed my mind the ratons may be from the US,
until you said they spoke Spanish

[Edited on 4-11-2017 by sancho]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-11-2017 at 04:55 PM

The northern palapas at Pete's Camp, 5 weeks ago:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-11-2017 at 05:23 PM

Gee! Thanks! Got any pics of tire tracks?

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2017 at 05:58 PM

speaks volumes david....wtf is wrong with you :?:
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2017 at 06:15 PM

Sick person....MUST be the attention getter..poor sad fellow..

blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 4-11-2017 at 06:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Gee! Thanks! Got any pics of tire tracks?

Yeah at least a pic of ur camp, with all the fake news these days who do U trust, and who these days doesn't have a smartphone to take some piks,, just sayin

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2017 at 06:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Sick person....MUST be the attention getter..poor sad fellow..

Got to get the post count to the big 50!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2017 at 07:40 PM

pshaw liquor....your adding visual context to louie's post is key! im sure louie is stoked to have you here....you know...to help ;)
stiladam
Nomad

Mood: Acoustic

[*] posted on 4-11-2017 at 08:14 PM

No photo of the quad??????
rdrrm8e
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2017 at 08:29 PM

Hayzeus effing crisco.....WTF is wrong with you people..? DavidK is one of the most positive helpful people on these boards. As an "Outsider" I appreciate his passion for Baja. Some of you are just so angry, cognitively dissonant A holes it is difficult to understand.

This is why I rarely visit and even more rarely post.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2017 at 08:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rdrrm8e  
Hayzeus effing crisco.....WTF is wrong with you people..? DavidK is one of the most positive helpful people on these boards. As an "Outsider" I appreciate his passion for Baja. Some of you are just so angry, cognitively dissonant A holes it is difficult to understand.

This is why I rarely visit and even more rarely post.

oh crap......guess we've all been wrong about DK....now I feel awful :(
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2017 at 09:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Seriously boys? It is a photo of where he was camping to add visual context. Only sorry I don't have more relevant photos of the crime scene. Do any of you have anything to give or is trying to upset me for giggles all you got?

Same predictable sick losers lacking a life thinking they are cute. Thanks for the positive input DK the majority appreciate it.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 05:04 AM

A picture of an empty campground is "positive input"? The crime situation in Baja is a very serious issue...

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 05:49 AM

Very trite and stupid comment....

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 07:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Seriously boys? It is a photo of where he was camping to add visual context. Only sorry I don't have more relevant photos of the crime scene. Do any of you have anything to give or is trying to upset me for giggles all you got?

Same predictable sick losers lacking a life thinking they are cute. Thanks for the positive input DK the majority appreciate it.

Oh Bull. The photo added nothing of value. The stick-up was in the desert. I usually ignore David K's posts unless they are a trip report. But sometimes they just get in the way. 1/2 of them are meaningless. At least this time it was only 1 photo and not 15@@@@@######%%%%%%.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 08:14 AM

Thanks for the support and laughs gang. I only wish I had more photos of the area north. If Louie800gs doesn't like my photo in his thread, I will happily remove it. It's no big deal other than what the haters make it into. ;)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 08:40 AM

No haters here, only in your mind...Lotsa people tired of your nothing off topic inserts into posts that need discussion. This one is an example. Crime with a gun and the usual reluctance to publicize same. Five additional killings since the one discussed earlier .....I sure don't hate you, pity you perhaps....

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 08:50 AM

To the North, in front of El Dorado, is nothing like what is in the picture.

Haters, DavidK. Where did that come from? I like your trip reports. Just wish you did not ave to post distractions on all the other posts.

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
Never been to Pete's camp. Heard lot's about it from many friends and it just seemed to crowded for my liking so I just hotel'd it in SF overnighter to move on in morning.

Seeing the photo I know now it's looks like Rancho Grande but 2 rows deep and no privacy at all (even RG has those enclosed Palapas). Just took it off the bucket list...

Original poster said 100-150 feet north and that he ran to the "Edge of beach" then back to camp. How is that "out in the desert" Norte?
And looking at David's photo and the short distance he was north...those robbers were pretty ballsy...unless the "other campers from the camp" were some of the perhaps FEW who were there. As well this story with a solo rig in David's photo gives me the willies of loneliness in a place that has crime occurring.

The photo adds a lot if you can have a thought without the angst.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 09:06 AM

DK's photo was 5 weeks old...Why didn't he take one while it was happening? OH That's right , he wasn't there...

Pages:  1    3  ..  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.