BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: San Felipe - Quad & Wallet stolen at gunpoint
Louie800gs

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 09:33 AM

This picture shows the location I was camping at. Palapa #63-64 on the north side of the campground bordering El Dorado Ranch. The quad is Yellow with some black, Honda TRX 400EX. The bike is visible in the picture. I'll post a picture shortly.

Campsite San Felipe.jpg - 241kB

[Edited on 4-12-2017 by Louie800gs]

stiladam
Nomad

Mood: Acoustic

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 09:44 AM

Great to hear you have photos of the stolen quad. Make sure to post these to all the SF Facebook groups, etc.

Best of luck Louie
Louie800gs

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 09:57 AM

Found out the next day they charged up $525 in charges at the Oxxo Olmos and Oxxo Los Arcos in San Felipe that same night they robbed my wallet. I asked the police if they can look at the surveillance video but as usual Mexican Police doesn't work for the benefit of the people and didn't seem like they are very interested in doing that. Luckily my bank has fraud protection and those charges will be reimbursed to me. I'm SOL on my cash that was on the wallet.

I filed a report with the PGJE as instructed by the police, called yesterday to follow up and now they are saying that the attorney Daniela Marissa Miranda Ruiz did not clarify properly in the report that the quad was stolen which is a bunch of B.S. and now they said I have to go back to San Felipe to file an addendum. I told them that it would be a 6-7 hour drive one way just to do that and if they had any other way, for example fax, email etc. and they said no. Terrible service.
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 10:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Louie800gs  
Found out the next day they charged up $525 in charges at the Oxxo Olmos and Oxxo Los Arcos in San Felipe that same night they robbed my wallet. I asked the police if they can look at the surveillance video but as usual Mexican Police doesn't work for the benefit of the people and didn't seem like they are very interested in doing that. Luckily my bank has fraud protection and those charges will be reimbursed to me. I'm SOL on my cash that was on the wallet.

I filed a report with the PGJE as instructed by the police, called yesterday to follow up and now they are saying that the attorney Daniela Marissa Miranda Ruiz did not clarify properly in the report that the quad was stolen which is a bunch of B.S. and now they said I have to go back to San Felipe to file an addendum. I told them that it would be a 6-7 hour drive one way just to do that and if they had any other way, for example fax, email etc. and they said no. Terrible service.

That will do, every one of you doubters line up to APOLOGIZE
to the OP, you 1st DK, is that enough detail, evidence for you?

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 10:16 AM

You will most likely fine that cash always helps when dealing with Mexican authorities.

I think it was Motoged that had a motorcycle stolen in San Felipe and he got back after putting up a reward for it. He can better address it.

[Edited on 4-12-2017 by TMW]
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 10:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Doubt what, apologize for what? I didn't doubt anything the OP reported! I only posted a photo of where he camped...

His photo and your photo sure look different to me!

OP: You should offer a reward for the ATV. Let the police know there is a "recompensa". They will get a little more interested.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 10:36 AM

AGAIN, DK....... another thread now all about YOU. Apologize for what? Clueless. :(

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 11:03 AM

36 replies

louie.......9
david......27

we have a winner.....again:no:
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 11:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Louie800gs  
This picture shows the location I was camping at. Palapa #63-64 on the north side of the campground bordering El Dorado Ranch. The quad is Yellow with some black, Honda TRX 400EX. The bike is visible in the picture. I'll post a picture shortly.

Your photo puts things in better perspective. Offer a reward and make sure the police know it. If it is better than what the thieves pay your quad will show up.
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 11:23 AM

More important question in my mind is what the heck you doin riding around at 11pm (night) by yourself in unfamiliar territory probably.???
In some areas that's like broadcasting here I am take my stuff......
Crime of opportunity????
Just sayin !!!!!!!!

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 11:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rdrrm8e  
Hayzeus effing crisco.....WTF is wrong with you people..? DavidK is one of the most positive helpful people on these boards. As an "Outsider" I appreciate his passion for Baja. Some of you are just so angry, cognitively dissonant A holes it is difficult to understand.

This is why I rarely visit and even more rarely post.

You are wrong. There are a lot of us that are tired of his mierda. Always changing the focus of topics to make it be about him. And he doesn't even realize it. Kinda like tailgaters.
nbacc
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 11:41 AM

knowing what is going on with the fishing situation in San Felipe and surrounding areas of The Sea Of Cortez (among other things) I would not be on the beach late at nite. . Maybe he did not know this. Just saying........ I am with mtnpop on this. So sorry it happened though Nancy
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 12:27 PM

boys boys boys

please stop

THIS is so upsetting, and quite unnecessary

the world is made up of different folk and no one can take away David K's right to publish whatever photos/maps he wants......period. only the original poster could comment if he / she is unhappy with it.

I sure hope you all lighten up, brighten up, make the world more beautiful. It is ugly enough as it is and needs each of us to make it more better (as my students would say)!

:biggrin:

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 12:38 PM

hahahahaHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

excellent paranewbi, that was a classic answer and I am giggling!

I was so unglued by the bickering that I forgot to say that I am so sorry for the whole incident. Losing a wallet and quad are horrible but being held at gunpoint (and I have had the experience) is really awful.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 12:38 PM

MOM!

sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 01:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  

It is ugly enough as it is and needs each of us to make it more better (as my students would say)!

Dear Teacher, reprimand is accepted, I admit privately, I do
enjoy DK's pics
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 02:06 PM

$525 at OXXO? You would think that may raise a red flag? Instead of signing my cards, I write SEE ID on the back. So far, I`ve been only asked once, but it can`t hurt. Another thing, if you do on line banking, you can put a card on hold instantly.
Bummer of an experience, thanks for the heads up.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
Louie800gs

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 02:33 PM

Anyone know what would be the best way to announce the reward? I emailed a copy to the Ministerio Publico.

Quad Reward.jpg - 221kB
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 02:37 PM

Ripped, stripped and otherwise beat to chite.
I don't think you really want that quad back.
After being abused, it's been parted out for the locals consumption.
Ran into a guy on our trip last month who had a brand new Wildcat stolen in SF, I think I've understood that the area is becoming less safe related to the economy. Sad to learn that Pete's Camp isn't safe either.

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
Louie800gs

[*] posted on 4-12-2017 at 02:38 PM

I tried contacting the banks but after attempting for a long time I discovered that you cannot make 1-800 calls from Mexico. I had to google and search for the direct #'s to the banks and that took a while, due to the poor internet speeds. This is the reason I had to wait until the morning.
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.