Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: San Felipe - Quad & Wallet stolen at gunpoint
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2017 at 07:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by honda tom  
Bajabudda such a fool.... 7 and 8 to hang it up. and these other idiots chuckie and norte and martyman to rub on DK for his love of BAJA and sharing it. You are the ones that don't understand what BAJA is all about. Its about stories and sharing! Every trip I return from we all say man we got some great stories, and most of the newbies have a bunch of photos. I don't take too many photos anymore. but always enjoy seeing them.
riding a quad down the beach at 11pm... priceless. I might have stayed near my ride as i saw another approaching, for a quick getaway if needed. but now he knows.

Baja, and Mexico in general, is much more than a Gringo playground.
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 4-14-2017 at 08:22 AM

This is Louie800's first post and nobody welcomed him (or her) to Nomads, where are our manners? Welcome to Nomads Louie, I hope you get your stuff back. The usual group of Nomad dipchits trashed your first post, apparently they didn't have manners in the first place. I'm sure they hope you will post something again so they can continue with their miserable existence. Most seem to move on to other Baja info sites.....oh well..

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2017 at 08:46 AM

I am saying NOTHING about the original poster and I am horrified by his experience. Thugs are thugs.

A separate issue that seems to have come up (again); behavior of gringos and some Mexicans. It is NOT true that it is a normal thing to raise hell all night. It does happen on holiday weekends and is ignored by civilized people as being what children do.

Drinking and hanging out in bars and generally behaving as if you were from Texas is just low rent behavior and you know it. Some Mexicans do it. All too many gringos do it. It's ugly and stupid and I wish some people would grow up rather than come down here and act like they were fifteen years old and away from their mothers for the first time.

Fortunately most Mexicans know the difference and groan along with us when the see some slob roaring around with a beer in his hand. I can scarcely believe how forgiving they are.

This isn't spring break at Ft. Lauderdale. Don't come down here to raise hell and offend everyone. Leave the muffler on your ride and do your wheelies out in the desert.

Maybe you behave that way at home. I doubt it. Human beings live here. Respect that.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 4-14-2017 at 09:03 AM

Oh Dear Lord.

Please , please don't ever let me " grow up " :coolup:
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 4-14-2017 at 09:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Paco Facullo  
Oh Dear Lord.

Please , please don't ever let me " grow up " :coolup:

"hope i die before I get old".......ratz, I missed that window!:P
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2017 at 09:26 AM

If you haven't figured it out already this is club..kinda like a chicken coop or hen house.. DT is the sergeant at arms and only posts when called out by the rooster. You need to pay homage to be a member.

If you notice, there are only a few that offered advice on how to deal with your situation...and they were not the club members...They were ******pilots dipchits. Does that tell you something.

David, I said I like your trip reports....but do you have to post on everything. You can not just ignore because they are everywhere. When you post 15 photos that contribute nothing to the tread it makes it almost impossible to get towards the end. Stick to trip reports or other things you actually know about.

Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2017 at 10:00 AM

I'm fine with the pictures.

I'm not good at all about taking and posting pictures about my rides and when he digs through his collection and shows what the place looks like it adds a lot.

[Edited on 4-14-2017 by Gulliver]
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-14-2017 at 12:16 PM

I love you, man

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-14-2017 at 05:13 PM

All here priceless!
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 4-15-2017 at 12:00 PM

11pm at night, while looking down a barrel of a gun, you could tell this is the same exact ATV that was stolen in a Facebook photo?

So what do we have here, serial ATV thieves.

Some elements of this story are strange, but it's best left to the police, and insurance company to sort out.

Quote: Originally posted by Louie800gs  
Found this picture in a Facebook post. That's the quad the two robbers were riding when they robbed me.

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2017 at 07:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Baja Midnight is usually between 7 and 8 pm when people go to bed

I agree.

John
aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 4-16-2017 at 08:39 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
That is a great poster and I hope it works. Can it be printed up in San Felipe? Maybe send it to a friend and have them print up many and post them all over town.

Bornfisher, I have simply not signed my cards but printing SEE ID is really smart.

Mom....Teach......thanks you all for the focus on the issue at hand!

Like bornFisher I sign my cards 'check id' leaving the card blank gives the thieves the opportunity to sign the card, then use it with matching signatures.
Louie800gs

[*] posted on 4-17-2017 at 12:39 PM

I agree with many of you that riding at 11:00 p.m. is unsafe. It just never crossed my mind that I could get robbed at gunpoint right off my campsite and right off a well known campground that I have visited for many years without any issues. I've raced the Baja races in the past and pre-ran hundreds of miles in the middle of the desert in the San Felipe area and that's were I would imagine I would of gotten robbed of all places. My fiancé and I do many rides in our BMW800gs down in Baja and been to Bahia of LA through Coco's corner etc. and had never had any issues, including camping in Mike's Sky ranch with no one else around. I let my guard down that night because of the trust and my long experiences of not having any issues in Baja. Regarding the wallet, I never carry a wallet and that evening I pulled it from the RV to buy some cocos and forgot to put it back. Lesson learned and now going forward I'm going to have to keep my guard up and learn from this experience. The gun thing is what I never expected in San Felipe and that's really the main reason why I posted here on this post, to make other people aware of the risk of bad people with guns cruising that beach. Stay safe out there......

[Edited on 4-17-2017 by Louie800gs]
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2017 at 06:05 PM

Louie,
Don´t over think this. This kind of chiit happens all over the world. You have your life. END of story,:light:
Louie800gs

[*] posted on 6-1-2017 at 08:33 AM

Quad was recovered early this week and I picked it up yesterday. It has a nasty coat of black spray paint all over but seems to be in overall not so bad condition.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2017 at 08:44 AM

congratulations! :coolup:
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2017 at 08:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Louie800gs  
Quad was recovered early this week and I picked it up yesterday. It has a nasty coat of black spray paint all over but seems to be in overall not so bad condition.

Good for you! I'd sure like to know what led to the recovery.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-1-2017 at 10:05 AM

Great news!:bounce:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 6-1-2017 at 12:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
To the OP......
Please do not take offense to this, but think about your initial actions; if I was camped on the beach, soothed by the lullaby of waves lapping on the shoreline at 11:00 pm and trying to assuage my nerves from hectic life to Baja dreams and somebody drove by me and the surf on their (of course MUFFLERED) quad at that time of night I might wanna steal the damned thing, drive it into the surf as far out as it would go at low tide and swim back to shore....

I'm not trying to condescend on you, or justify the perp's deeds by robbing you at gunpoint... but too often us Gringos tend to think "Aw, it's Mexico... there are NO rules !". But nay-nay..... there's contemplation and retrospect. Being out by yourself at that hour (Baja Midnight is usually between 7 and 8 pm when people go to bed) and making a target of yourself shows a lack of judgment, especially an area now known for economic downfall and increased crime.

On that note, if stupidity was a crime we'd all spend at least one night in jail, and I'd be in for Life with no possibility of parole. I trusted in a beach camp that I thought would protect me and had my outboard motor stolen almost 10 years ago, and learned valuable lessons from it.

Just sayin', amigo. Again, no harm intended.

To you: pipe down, just sayin'
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 6-1-2017 at 12:49 PM

To JZ, KMA. Free Country and all. Just sayin'.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.