Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Crime Spree in Todos Santos
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2017 at 10:35 AM
Crime Spree in Todos Santos

Seems the local ratones and any others have heated up their criminal activities. Car thefts & home robberies, I believe. No newspaper coverage either. Bad for tourism, verdad?! Police.. you gotta be kidding. Anyone in TS have more info? Pescadero has been lucky so far except one guy who got robbed twice. We are on guard. Tomas
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-20-2017 at 11:03 AM

I heard much the same thing from a friend in that area...

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2017 at 12:21 PM

I've seen quite a few break-ins reported on the Todos Santos Newsfeed Facebook page. It seems the suspected thieves are known trouble-makers who are in and out of jail.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
chippy
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 4-20-2017 at 02:06 PM

What a shame. TS used to be one of my favorites. That was 70s and 80s. Passed thru in March. Wow what a change! Not good. I feel the gringo/developers are reaping what they sowed. Ni modo. Paradise lost. Again.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2017 at 03:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  
What a shame. TS used to be one of my favorites. That was 70s and 80s. Passed thru in March. Wow what a change! Not good. I feel the gringo/developers are reaping what they sowed. Ni modo. Paradise lost. Again.

Lol. It was always better in the good ole days. Says every old, grumpy person.

[Edited on 4-20-2017 by JZ]
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2017 at 03:42 PM

Sounds very familiar. Our criminals have taken a break, it seems. During Easter week we had 24 hr patrols. Now occasional patrols and last night the military came roaring thru. You being a much more important tourist area should be able to get your municipality to get some security out there. We also have a good neighborhood watch and a lot of folks turn out to search for the bad guys and wait for the police to show. Lots of cameras going in now too. Seems like two groups here. One very serious taking quads, cars and other big stuff. The other just breaking in for cash and small quick sale things, "tweekers".

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2017 at 04:04 PM

Its amusing to see pants peeing tit suckers like this Baby JZ insult older people If it wasn't for us old farts, whiners like him wouldn't even know where Baja is. We can only hope that he wont reach old age..

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2017 at 05:26 PM

Old and grumpy .... Something to look forward to. We're not grumpy cuz we're old but because "Progress" sucks

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2017 at 05:30 PM

.JZ appears to be a developer...The only form of life lower than lawyers...I agree with you Russ, some things are better left alone

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 4-20-2017 at 05:59 PM

Hey, I'm old but FAR from grumpy. .....

I can assure you that of what the old folks talk about as being better

REALLY WAS !!!
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2017 at 06:00 PM

Yup

blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 4-20-2017 at 06:23 PM

Happy 420 Chuckie

fa27a0525741b0a6d4d28b34782294f3_528172.gif - 12kB

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2017 at 06:34 PM

What I'd like to see is some pressure from our new Millionaires to get rid of the low lifes . I'm not sure if involving news reports will help pressure local government. Hell, they are the problem. Vecinos Vigilantes or Neighborhood Watch is good but I hear people are selling out and moving out. Can't say I didn't see trouble coming just like in the US. Just a few waves, walk on the beach , and a refresco! Vamos a ver. Tio
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2017 at 06:38 PM

Geeze people. The more TS develops, the more fleecing available. Troubles in Pesky don't make the news either. That might be because it's NOT news. Social media has a way of fanning flames. There is crime and when when homes are locked up for the season, the lower life know it.

Lock you stuff up. Lock up your ATV and don't turn your back on it in public -- unless you've locked it. Times change, best for people to change with the times.

For those who weren't around for the good old days, they really were better. Glad we've all moved forward though. Nothing wrong with today.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 4-20-2017 at 06:48 PM

In the words of Livingstone Bramble

" A hungy Mon is dangerous Mon "

[Edited on 4-21-2017 by Paco Facullo]
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2017 at 06:50 PM

No there isn't anything wrong with today..As long as you understand the new rules, and are willing to live with them..Many people don't choose to do that...And it is a lot more difficult for those of us who for many years never locked their doors.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2017 at 07:18 PM

At least for me, the increase in crime has highlighted the inadequate (and many times corrupt) legal system that exists in Mexico. That makes it harder to play by the new rules.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 4-20-2017 at 08:18 PM

NEWS IS NEWS.

It's not a matter of ''closing one eye, it only looks half as bad". The more people know what's going down the more to bear the adage, "Forearmed is forewarned". Spread THE NEWS, good or bad. Then deal with it as it comes, but get your head outa the sand (and other orifices).

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2017 at 08:21 PM

I was around in those "good old days" and there was crime then as there is now. You would have to go back a very long ways for a time in Pescadero or Todos Santos when you could leave a place locked up for the summer, with no one watching out for it, and not be robbed. I lived in Barrio San Juan in those days, and if you left a pair of Levis on the clothesline and went to the corner store, they'd be gone when you got back. There's more people now so of course there are going to be more robberies, and since we have the internet and social media we are made aware about more of them.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2017 at 08:22 AM

There are many types of crimes, theft in baja is largely opportunistic. If you leave your home clearly unattended for a long period of time then it is an attractive nuisance to thieves who aren't too smart they just want to steal something to pass another day. They will trade your valuable stuff for .50 cents they really don't care. And yes it's institutional, meaning it is supported by corruption throughout and there is no resolution after the fact. So, get your place secure and preferably have someone in your house, rent it or have a house sitter. That will resolve crime simply. We've had issues in La Paz but with an effort the problems have subsided. Its sad but thats how it is.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.