Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mag Bay - Recommendations - Fishing / Lodging
elskel
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2017 at 08:49 AM
Mag Bay - Recommendations - Fishing / Lodging

Hey All I am heading North, up the Peninsula. I was thinking of trying to fish Mag Bay a day. Up in the mangroves. I am looking for some information / recommendations, guides and lodging.
Thanks, Brian
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2017 at 05:39 PM

Pump
I'd like to plan a fishing trip there to

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

[*] posted on 4-23-2017 at 06:22 PM

We visited Puerto San Carlos just before "Semana Santa", we stayed at "Brennan Hotel": clean, very basic, not good tv, secured parking, no restaurant but they do have a fishing guide on hand that may be helpful. We had dinner at "Restaurante Lore" right on the corner up a couple of steps: not good; but next door to it there's a smaller not as "fancy" but was told by locals it's way better homemade food: "La Pasadita" when we got there it was closed (around 9pm). We also had great seafood at Mariscos "El Tiburon" behind the technical school.

During our visit it was windy everyday so we didn't go out in the bay but as I've learned there's great fishing and sightseeing along the bay and in the mangroves, also the sand dunes on Isla Magdalena are something worthwhile visiting.

I had both motors on my boat checked by a local mechanic, it was a small shop with sand floor but very knowledgeable guys working there.

On your way thru Ciudad Constitucion look for "Antojeria La Esquina" it's on a corner on the east side of the street: it's a must hole in the wall place to have breakfast; we stayed at Hotel "Posada del Ryal" about $650 pesos (?) secured parking, coffee in the office, regular tv, really clean.

Enjoy your visit.

...work to camp and fish.... dream to be there....

http://aquapropoolandspaservice.com/
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2017 at 06:35 PM

Thanks

elskel
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2017 at 11:58 AM

Thanks, for the reply. San Carlos or Lopez Mateo for fishing the mangroves? Would like to fish a day. Any more input from anyone?
Thanks Brian
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2017 at 12:51 PM

Brian.....You will find better fishing closer out of Lopez Mateos. And, if you can book a date with Ruben Duran (h-613-131-5263, cell-613-113-73030) you will catch fish if there are any biting. Below are pics of Ruben with a 35# snook, and cleaning some fish late another day. In the estero the tidal flow and bait available determine the best fishing.
Mula on this board has a rental house in Lopez and can hook you up with Chico if Ruben is tied up.

DSC09736.JPG - 76kB BN robalo.jpg - 45kB
elskel
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2017 at 02:56 PM

hey Bill, Thanks for the quick reply, I have already U2U to Mula, for info.
Thanks brian
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 12:12 PM

Mula, Cheri, is a wonderful gal and great fisherman! A few newer hotels in Lopez for Whale season, too. Have fun. Tomas
charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 01:09 PM

Just don't plan anything with "the Griz"s" businesses as you will be disappointed. Done that clown act.... Many better options and experiences. N
No matter what you will have a great time...pray for no wind and buy escabeche from the Brick building in the center of town. It is unbelievable
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 01:36 PM

Cheri spent quite a bit of time yesterday and this morning messaging with me and I feel I know her now. ;) I had hoped to make a trip there soon but my buddies are set on going to La Bocana this year. I'm still hoping to get over there before she closes for summer. The thought of fishing the huge area inside really has me excited especially with a guide. But would like to share the expense with some friends too.

msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 01:38 PM

We stayed in Mula's casita and fished out on the banks with Sergio Garcia. The casita is great, big fenced in lot, and quiet. Ruben did not want to go to the banks in his boat then, but sounds like the go to guy for the mangroves. Lopez Mateo is a nice little town to hang out in.
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 01:40 PM

Russ, when do you think you will come to Bocana?
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 01:47 PM

Probably within the next two weeks. Think we're staying at the cabaƱas near the launch ramp. I'm out of the planning for this trip. Taking UTV's to do some surf fishing.

msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2017 at 01:56 PM

Bring the red boat. There is always fishing in the estero, wind or no wind.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.