BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: I'm a fishing junkie! are you?
BajaMama
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2017 at 08:29 AM

I love fishing! Whether it is off shore San Diego, Newport Beach, Ventura, or San Francisco... casting a fly on a lake or river, or shore fishing and just off the shore (boat) in Punta Chivato. Bring it I will do it all (except really big fish, too old for that). Most is catch and release but I keep what I will eat.
AKgringo
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 5-6-2017 at 08:55 AM
Fishing and memory loss

Comparing my recollection of fishing trips I have been on to those of family and friends, I suspect my memory has been impaired.

I remember catching a 120 lb halibut on a salmon rod, while trolling a herring along the beach. Best day ever, but others insist that we sat on the beach for four days waiting for the weather to break. Was I there for that?

I remember being in swift clear water surrounded by aggressive Sockeye salmon, intent on ridding me of all my streamer flies! There may have been several trips in the weeks before that when we drove all night and fished all day for nothing, but I just don't recall that!

All the stories I hear about swarms of bugs, trekking through thorns, sunburns, scrapes and sprains.....did any of that happen to me?

And then there is the freezer full of free fish [/b! I have no idea of what the toys, tools and transportation cost to acquire them, until talk to my ex-wife. She was an addict too, so her memory can't be all that accurate!

Sorry for shouting, I screwed up on the edit!

[Edited on 5-6-2017 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
fishinsteve
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2017 at 03:24 PM

I guess you could say I'm a fishin junkie..

I've live in San Diego since 1968 I have fished from Baja to Alaska pretty extensively with conventional rods and reels. Well about 8 years ago I felt like I needed more of a challenge so I got into Fly Fishin. Wow what a learning curve. Now I fish with only Fly Rods and sometimes I get so frustrated by the challenge I ask myself why I ever started but that only last a short while. I fish fresh and saltwater so I'm trying to learn both at the same time and on top of that I'm also learning to tie the flies for both. It is very rewarding to catch a fish on a lure or a fly that you have created yourself as some of you may know.

So I have my doubts now that I will ever be as competent as a fly fisher as I was a conventional fisher but its a hell of a lot of fun or I may just be a Fishin Junkie. Woody I have been drooling over your spotfin reports. My personal best was just over 7# those fish are fun.

Flyfishinsteve64 new user name for the other sites.
fishbuck
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2017 at 11:20 PM

I 'm due for a trip. Either Bola in June-July or San Quintin strarting August 1.
Maybe both:cool:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

Bubba
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2017 at 06:14 AM

I'm bad, so bad that it would take me a day just to put it in words. So, I'm just agreeing and loving all the other posters stories.

Making America Great Again
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

For high speed satellite internet in Baja call +1.6197170810 - or click here to email sistemassatelitales@hotmail.com

Tijuana Walking Tours - on Meetup.com

All Content Copyright © 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.