BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 2019: SY Border Construction to be Completed
GypsyJan
Nomad

Mood: "If a dog will not come to you after looking you in the face, examine your conscience." Woodrow W

[*] posted on 4-30-2017 at 01:32 PM
2019: SY Border Construction to be Completed

TIJUANA, MEXICO - "By August 2019, work will be completed on the expansion of the San Ysidro international border crossing, where the US government will invest 730 million dollars in the renovation and expansion of what is the world's busiest international border crossing.

Ramón Riesgo, director for the US General Services Agency Southern Border region said that the construction is fully funded and construction contracts have already been awarded.

"The funding resources are set aside for the project and not withstanding a possible emergency we should have the money needed to move forward without any further delays," he said.

The first phase of the project has already been completed, so the second and third phases are now currently in process, working in parallel.

During the remainder of 2016, we will be working to soften the hard curve exit from the interstate 5 to the Chaparral border crossing southbound, making it safer for drivers and we will also be expanding the Pedwest pedestrian access from six to ten lanes.

During 2018 and 2019, the San Ysidro border crossing infrastructure will become much more robust, expanding the pedestrian crossing lanes from 14 to 22 and for vehicles, 24 northbound crossing lanes will be expanded to 34, most with double inspection booths.

"The sum of all this work should translate into a much more efficient and effective border crossing experience for the Tijuana-San Diego community, with shorter wait times," he concluded."

For more information go to San Ysidro Border - Tijuana on Facebook
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-30-2017 at 02:24 PM

36 double booths manned by 24 inspectors on any given day!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-30-2017 at 02:30 PM

Building double booths is economic waste, as the government refuses to staff the booths!
I call my congressman periodically to complain about staffing causing lines at border, but Dirty Duncan continues to message about building walls, kicking out undocumented,... but is silent on funding customs and immigration to promote travel and trade for USA and socal economy.
Dirty Duncan is too stupid,... what few brain cells he has he devotes to legislation to promote vaping. I chit you not! Vaping!
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2017 at 12:46 PM

I just wrote my congressman, Juan Vargas, via his website, asking when the staff required to man the new booths will be hired. I'll post if he responds, as I asked him to.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2017 at 11:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by GypsyJan  

During 2018 and 2019, the San Ysidro border crossing infrastructure will become much more robust, expanding the pedestrian crossing lanes from 14 to 22 and for vehicles, 24 northbound crossing lanes will be expanded to 34,

They call it SY crossing so this is not about Chapparal or PedWest.

Please explain me where are those 14 pedestrian "lanes" that will be expanding to 22? If they call booth "lane", there have never been more than 3 or 4 booths at Northbound pedestrian SY, neither before or during the construction.
Boulder bob222
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-17-2017 at 02:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
Quote: Originally posted by GypsyJan  

During 2018 and 2019, the San Ysidro border crossing infrastructure will become much more robust, expanding the pedestrian crossing lanes from 14 to 22 and for vehicles, 24 northbound crossing lanes will be expanded to 34,

They call it SY crossing so this is not about Chapparal or PedWest.

Please explain me where are those 14 pedestrian "lanes" that will be expanding to 22? If they call booth "lane", there have never been more than 3 or 4 booths at Northbound pedestrian SY, neither before or during the construction.
The Gumerment sez 22 lanes so they will be there,you just won't be able to see them:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.