Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: crazy rain in Northern Baja
danaeb
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 11:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Morning funnies is right! Here we go again..... and if ever there was a thread to break the 50K (or is that '50 DK') mark, this is it.... unless of course there are several deletions due to self-repetition. ;)

What's the next designation after 50,000 posts? "President for Life"?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake every time you repeat it.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 12:34 PM

That number means nothing to me, but you all are looking for some fireworks, I guess? LOL

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 01:12 PM

Before DK hits that big number for posts, allow me to say something to all you a-holes who may want to abuse him for it.

Fifty thou for DK means only one thing. It means that he tried, and succeeded to give advice and guidance....along with pictures and well wishes to the members of this board 50000 times.
Not only did he unselfishly give of his own library of Baja knowledge, he did it, and continues to, largely without gratitude for his efforts.
His contribution here has, in my opinion, never been self-serving other than the gratification which comes from caring about others involved in his passion, Baja.
Soo...when all you ingrates who are lining up to have your way with his "big number" give it a bit of thought....try giving the man some thanks because he did it for you too.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 01:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

His contribution here has, in my opinion, never been self-serving other than the gratification which comes from caring about others involved in his passion, Baja.

Hahahahaha... I thought you were suppose to get wiser as you got older?

He's in it for the glory. And is racing to write a couple books for his legacy.

And, yes, he does help a lot of ppl out and is generous with that. But don't kid yourself (or us) on the rest.

[Edited on 5-8-2017 by JZ]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 01:57 PM

https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/trends/full.html

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 01:59 PM

History of atmospheric carbon dioxide from 800,000 years ago until January, 2016.

https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/trends/history.html
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 02:01 PM

Trends in Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide

https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/trends/ff.html
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 02:05 PM

In Farenheit 451, Ray Bradbury described a fictional future world where all books were outlawed and firemen burned any confiscated books.

In the Trump Administration, Trump formulated a real world where ideas and data were outlawed and his appointed staff scrubbed government websites and databases to hide the outlawed ideas and data.

DK, it is too late for you to read about global warming, the Trumpian purge of science and scientists has begun, you are doomed to live in your ignorance!
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 02:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Because some lands are compressing (lowering) does not mean the sea is higher.

Goat, please see if the CO2 concentration is higher where the continents and islands are sinking. If so, the weight of the extra CO2 could be the reason the ground is sinking.

Who would have thought, the oceans aren't rising, the ground is sinking. Pure genius.

[Edited on 5-8-2017 by SFandH]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 03:01 PM

In san diego daily tides range from 1 to 2.5 meters. When tides change by 2.5 meters in a day, you cannot reliably visually discern an 8-inch sea level rise over time. But if you were designing storm drain outlets, sea walls, etc., you would certainly understand the 8 inch change. Visually, the only thing you will notice from 8 inch sea level rise over several decades is increased frequency of flooding at high tide, and increased beach erosion.
There is a reason that scientists measure things carefully over many years - because anecdotes of your visual memories are worthless compared to carefully measured data of known precision and accuracy referenced to an agreed datum! :light:
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 03:11 PM

Before DK hits that big number for posts, allow me to say something to all you a-holes who may want to abuse him for it.

Fifty thou for DK means only one thing. It means that he tried, and succeeded to give advice and guidance....along with pictures and well wishes to the members of this board 50000 times.
Not only did he unselfishly give of his own library of Baja knowledge, he did it, and continues to, largely without gratitude for his efforts.
Soo...when all you ingrates who are lining up to have your way with his "big number" give it a bit of thought....try giving the man some thanks because he did it for you too.

Agree 100%. The DK haters cant help themselves, their hatred completely overwhelms their empty, jealous lives.

DK often sites the palm tree as a practical visible example, among others, showing no visible ocean rise complete with existing fifty year old plus pictures as proof. Why has there not been any intelligent case brought by our in house "experts"disproving or explaining this example rather than the childish taunts and competing by the same old suspects to see who can have the "cutest" post knocking DK's example? Think about it. If you were a teacher leading a class trip and shown the present palm tree example and old pictures how would you explain this to the class? I would look forward to a rational, intelligent explanation, but I won't hold my breath.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 03:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Hahahahaha... I thought you were suppose to get wiser as you got older?

He's in it for the glory. And is racing to write a couple books for his legacy.

And, yes, he does help a lot of ppl out and is generous with that. But don't kid yourself (or us) on the rest.

[Edited on 5-8-2017 by JZ]

:lol: I could give a ratzazz but anyone notice that glowing accolade comes from the number two boolchitter on the all time hit list?
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 03:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Your willfull ignorance is amusing! Thank you for providing our morning funnies!

2"+, here in San Clemente, 54 degrees at 4 pm. Sun.,
by the way, Mil Gracias Francia for some normalcy

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 03:24 PM

Regarding Lake Tahoe, I assume it is the dam that raised the level.
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 04:31 PM

Well now isn't this special?
In a recently released study climatologists have found that-

"The researchers also related this low atmospheric oxygen to climatic developments in Earth’s history.

“We found that particularly low oxygen levels coincided with intervals of elevated global temperatures and high carbon dioxide concentrations,” explained Tappert.

Tappert suggests that oxygen may influence carbon dioxide levels and, under certain circumstances, might even accelerate the influx of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere."

http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/atmospheric-oxygen-d...

So 200 million years ago CO2 was way high and O2 was way low- OH wait- wait for it-
dinosaur farts did it!
Looks to me like the earth came through just fine until the sky started to fall.

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 05:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
Regarding Lake Tahoe, I assume it is the dam that raised the level.

The maximum level that the dam at Tahoe City adds to the lake is about six feet!

I lived there in the 70's, and was never aware of the submerged trees, so I googled it! Somewhere around 4300 to 4800 years ago, there was a drought long enough, and severe enough to drop the 190 square mile lake level enough for a forest to get established on the exposed shoreline!

It was exposed long enough to produce trees estimated at 100 to 150 years old before they were submerged again. By the way, Tahoe is over 1600 feet deep, average depth over 900 feet.

Edit, I had one to many zeros on the carbon dating numbers.

[Edited on 5-9-2017 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 06:01 PM

Wait, those submerged trees are 43K years old?
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 06:27 PM

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-science-zeros-in-on-...

nasa says the sea is rising.

Team scientists will discuss a new visualization based on 23 years of sea level data – the entire record of available satellite data -- which reveals changes are anything but uniform around the globe. The record is based on data from three consecutive satellite missions,

-------------------------------------------

For example, Earth's mantle is still readjusting to the loss of ice on North America after the last ice age, and the reduced mass beneath that continent pulls the spin axis toward Canada at the rate of a few inches each year. But some motions are still puzzling.
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/nasa-study-solves-two-mysteries...
give up you are not smart enough!

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 06:35 PM

Don't forget the volcanoes! :rolleyes:

Out on the coast we got less then an 1" total on Sunday. Turned the sprinklers off for the next few days. :saint:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 06:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  
Wait, those submerged trees are 43K years old?

Sorry, I screwed that up, but here is a link to one of the pieces I found; https://www.scahome.org/publications/proceedings/Proceedings...

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.