Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: hotel reservation Guerrero Negro
ukBarbara

[*] posted on 2-15-2005 at 05:54 AM
hotel reservation Guerrero Negro

Hi
Thanks to great tips have booked a whale trip with Malarrimo in Guerrero Negro but am having difficulty booking hotel via phone from UK.

My husband rang 2 last night & all said no English spoken. I think he tried El Morro, & San Ignacio. I expect it would be easier via email but that seems to mean La Pinta is only option. We're staying at La Pinta in San Quintin on the way down but thought a change would be good.
Any advice? Would we be unwise not to book & take a chance when we arrive in
in G.N?
One more thing - we think we've sorted car hire through AVIS in Tijuana, this means walking across the border with all our luggage - is it big deal?
many thanks
Barbara
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2005 at 07:22 AM

Why dont you stay at the Malarrimo Hotel?
Not a big deal walking across but be sure to get your tourist visa while you are there and hold on to your luggage.

BajaRob
Senior Nomad

Mood: Life is good

[*] posted on 2-15-2005 at 08:21 AM
Hotel reservation in GN

We are going whale watching with the Malarrimo crew on 3/9. We tried to book rooms there for the 8th & 9th but they are full. We booked the La Pinta instead. The regular rate is $90 plus 12% IVA. The internet rate is $75 plus tax and you can book online. Their website is http://lapintahotels.com. If that doesn't work U2U me as I have the phone #s for 5 other motels there. Rob

[Edited on 2-15-2005 by BajaRob]

[Edited on 2-15-2005 by BajaRob]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-15-2005 at 08:34 AM

San Ignacio is a long ways from Guerrero Negro. http://www.malarrimo.com is Enrique Achoy's web site... You can get his hotel's info there... Ask for another hotel recomendation if he is full.

Walking into Mexico with a lot of luggage would not be fun... There is a bus that will cross into Mexico from U.S., perhaps from San Diego airport, called the Mexi Coach... I hope someone else can give the details...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaRob
Senior Nomad

Mood: Life is good

[*] posted on 2-15-2005 at 08:45 AM
Hotel reservation in GN

David, there is a motel in GN named San Ignacio and that is what Barbara was referring to. In all other matters, as always I defer to you. Rob PS When will be back down this way?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-15-2005 at 09:02 AM

Thanks Rob,
I appreciate any corrections...
As I said in the SF 250 Map thread, there is a slight chance that we will come down Friday night to watch the race. Maybe see you at BSM?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 2-15-2005 at 09:44 AM
mexicoach

here is the info for not crossing on foot from US to Tijuana http://www.gototijuana.com/
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2005 at 09:49 AM

Good Tijuana site...thanks

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-15-2005 at 10:08 AM

If your luggage has wheels, it would be no problem to walk across. (If not built-in, then strap to a luggage carrier.) Don't use the border entry at the end of the trolley line, but use the side entrance gates a couple blocks north (only a fraction of the walking distance, and all flat). Hopefully someone can drop you off here. Once through the turnstiles, and down the walkway, there are many cabs waiting. Take one to your rental car. And if you need to get your visas, you'd be walking right past migra to be able to do so. If you take the Mexicoach bus, you'd have to wait for it to leave per its schedule, it will take you all the way to Revolution Ave., and you'd have to take a taxi anyway from there to Avis.
bajaloco
Nomad

Mood: wishin I was fishin

[*] posted on 2-15-2005 at 10:46 AM
Guerrero Negro Motels

Here are a list and phone numbers of motels in Guerrero Negro. It was given to me by Enrique Achoy from Malarrimo Motel...hope it helps... Hotel de Pinta 01152(615) 157-13-05/ 157-1304

Hotel San Ignacio 01152 (615) 157-20-70

Hotel el Morro 01152 (615) 157-04-14

Hotel Don Gus 01152 (615) 157-16-11

Hotel las Ballenas 01152 (615) 157-01-16

Hotel Don Jose 01152 (615) 157-14-20

Carry an Organ Donor card. You could save someone\'s life... http://www.organdonor.gov
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 2-15-2005 at 08:29 PM
Guerro Negro hotels

WE've been driving North & South for about thirteen years. We stop at Don Vincente motel. On the right after you start into town on the main drag!!! Secure parking. Restaurant at the front. Office is in the middle at the rear. Always clean rooms & bedding. T.V. No phones. Last rate was $21.00 u.s. for two double beds. We've never had reservations. But we do usually try to get there before dark.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.