BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking for ride San Diego to La Paz 22nd/ 23rd May and La Paz to San Diego 27th May!!!
piggybaja

[*] posted on 5-13-2017 at 03:22 AM
Looking for ride San Diego to La Paz 22nd/ 23rd May and La Paz to San Diego 27th May!!!

I am looking for a scenic ride, stopping off on the way (if possible), from San Diego to La Paz on 22nd or 23rd May. I am a woman travelling on my own for the first time in Baja & am hoping to do some snorkeling/diving in La Paz & then returning to San Diego around 27th May. Does anyone have space in their car for either trip? I can be slightly flexible with dates & I am happy to share fuel costs!!
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 5-15-2017 at 05:48 AM

If you can't find a ride I hear of a lot of people taking the bus.
piggybaja

[*] posted on 5-15-2017 at 06:16 AM

Thanks..... How long does it take?
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2017 at 07:18 AM

bus 19+ hours from Tijuana to Loreto. then 5+ to La Paz. don't know if there is a direct bus. try Googling ABC and
Aguilar (the only two companies), not sure if they have websites, have no idea of schedules nor start points. search Baja Nomads for this, I vaguely remember someone asking not too long ago. an experience, not a lot of fun but do-able, I'd recommend breaking it up into a number of stops. not inexpensive by the way.

the scenic ride is nice but most folks are heading north this time of year. you'll need to find a fellow tourist for your dates, not sure how many check this board but a possibility.

IMO, best option is to fly...AeroCalafia, website is under Calafia. round trip to Loreto runs about 200-250, am not sure what it is to La Paz. they have flights three times a week. Uber to CBX, walk across the passenger only crossing (32 US RT), board and you are on your comfy way.

[Edited on 5-15-2017 by rhintransit]

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2017 at 07:27 AM

i believe the bus company is águila, not agular
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2017 at 07:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  

i believe the bus company is águila, not agular

gracias, it is indeed. I didn't check spell check before I posted...
will correct.

rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2017 at 10:15 AM

PS when you check the Calafia site, don't get confused, they quote in pesos. I had an acquaintance say he couldn't see paying 2100 some dollars one way ;) :) :)

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.