Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: SENTRI renewal time
beachbum1A
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2017 at 11:29 AM
SENTRI renewal time

A heads up that the renewals for a SENTRI pass might be taking longer than you might expect.
I completed my renewal on line and submitted it on February 10th. When I hadn't heard anything after 3 months I stopped in the San Ysidro office on May 15th and asked them to check for me. Their answer was "we are reviewing applications submitted during the month of January now".

Don't wait too long.....................

Just do it!
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-18-2017 at 01:48 PM

Currently, the USCBP advice is to renew 6-12 months in advance.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2017 at 09:37 PM

Exact same thing with me. I applied for my renewal in February 15th. Still sitting there saying "Pending Review"....!!!!!!!

In that pre-Google Earth and social media epoch, The Code was adhered to. It was based on a simple verity: if a locale had been transformational for you, and you had put the hard yards in to get there and to learn it, to know it, why in god�s name would you broadcast the news, thus ruining the future experience not only for yourself, but for future adventurers?
BajaNaranja
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2017 at 08:48 AM

Argh... in practice, even if your renewal is pending, do they let you use SENTRI lanes after the expiration date on the card? Thanks in advance -
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2017 at 10:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNaranja  
Argh... in practice, even if your renewal is pending, do they let you use SENTRI lanes after the expiration date on the card? Thanks in advance -

this is from a letter the sentri folks replied to asking that question.......

"The vetting process cannot be expedited. If you submitted a renewal application before expiration of your current membership, then you can continue to use your benefits until the renewal is finalized (up to 6 months after your expiration date)."
BajaNaranja
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2017 at 10:51 AM

Thanks willardguy, appreciate you sharing that info
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2017 at 12:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaNaranja  

this is from a letter the sentri folks replied to asking that question.......

"The vetting process cannot be expedited. If you submitted a renewal application before expiration of your current membership, then you can continue to use your benefits until the renewal is finalized (up to 6 months after your expiration date)."

This seems like a new policy. The last time I renewed, I crossed in the Sentri lane while the renewal was pending and after the old card had expired. I was pulled into secondary and they confiscated my old card and refused to say at that time whether the incident would affect my renewal (subsequent calls to the office revealed that it wouldn't).

Willardguy, how did you obtain that letter? My renewal app is pending and I'd like something to be able to cross with that documents this new policy if the renewal isn't granted before the old card expires.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2017 at 12:22 PM

this is dated 3/15/17

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Information Center.

You can check the status of your application from your GOES home page https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/main/goes, which is displayed after you login.

If your application status is "Pending Review" then your application has been received and is being processed. Please note that processing times vary by applicant, but on average you can expect your application to be processed for Global Entry and FAST within 1-2 weeks, and SENTRI and NEXUS 3-5 months. This includes vehicle enrollments.

The vetting process cannot be expedited. If you submitted a renewal application before expiration of your current membership, then you can continue to use your benefits until the renewal is finalized (up to 6 months after your expiration date).

After the application has been reviewed, the status will be updated to either "Conditionally Approved" or "Denied" and a letter will be posted in your GOES account with additional information.

If conditionally approved, you will receive a notification to schedule your interview. It is important that you follow the directions in that notification and within 30 days of becoming Conditionally Approved, schedule your interview appointment at an Enrollment Center. The actual interview date, however, can be after the 30 days.

It is our goal to provide you the best information we have in response to your question. If you follow the information provided in our response, and still need assistance, please reply to this email and we will investigate how we may further assist you.

Thank you again for contacting the CBP Information Center.

Sincerely,

CBP Information Center.

BTW...this is from my daughter....they would NEVER give me a sentri pass! :rolleyes:

[Edited on 5-19-2017 by willardguy]
chatolj
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2017 at 05:10 PM

I got my renewal in about 2 months and I had accidentally let it expire.
On top of that I didn't have to do an interview either.
Same thing with my daughter. Late to renew but pretty
Quick back with no interview.
Now my sons is a different story. Application sent in
2 months before experation. 5 months later still pending.
Go figure.
bajario
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2017 at 06:51 AM

My renewal was revoked and denied after ten or so years. Rules changed after my initial acceptance. I wrote a letter to the ombudsman. A year later I have conditional approval with an appt. end of the month! May rent a suit and bring flowers.
bigmike
Nomad

Mood: Loving Life

[*] posted on 5-20-2017 at 07:51 AM

I just filled out my renewal and my wife's in April, it took exactly 4 days to get my approval and 3 weeks later my wife got hers. Both were approved without having to go in for an appointment, I have already received my new card in the mail. Have talked to others who waited for 4 or more months for their renewals.
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 5-20-2017 at 08:28 AM

I have a new truck pending from Feb. It's their world I am just passing by.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2017 at 11:34 AM

New truck addition needed anyway and renewal after expiration for $100 was just completed and submitted online.

BTW had automatic renewal since 2001 prior to now, maybe they miss me

Es Todo Bueno

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.