Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Punta Chivato Internet
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-19-2017 at 08:47 AM
Punta Chivato Internet

I was one of the first to set up Exede satellite internet and have had the system since dropping Hughes Net. My biggest challenge in San Bruno has been the Data Limitation of download and it was very easy to go over the limit and have to buy more or go to the restaurant and use theirs. I found a guy who has hooked up a new service in San Bruno with Infinitum (through Telmex) and he really got my attention with unlimited usage. (That means I can watch You-tube, Netflix, and other GB heavy usage) While the speed does not match the Download speed of Exede, the Ping is almost three times as fast and so the general speed is at least as good as the Exede. There are slow times that can occur during the day, but early morning and evening seem to be especially good. The Install costs $1800 pesos and the monthly comes in at $289. So what I have done is cut back to the 5GB plan with Exede and then use this most of the time and switching to Excede if I hit a slow period.

Now the good news, He is going to put a system in at Punta Chivato and is planning on heading out there Saturday to talk to a couple of people. If you are interested you can get ahold of Adrian Romero at 615-159-7391.
Fastbird
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2017 at 06:02 AM

That service could be very helpful in PC , I'll try it , it must be wireless , but where will it be beamed from? I have wireless in CA and I get unlimited use at 100mbs for $100. That's what things cost when you are out in the country.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2017 at 06:15 AM

Looking forward to talk to him. How's his English?

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2017 at 07:43 AM

Pretty good English.

Fastbird, yes, it is a wireless signal. I think he is planning on an Antenna en Mulege which will beam directly to Punta Chivato.

A funny aside is when they were first getting set up and the signal went down and I get a WhatsApp message saying they were having an issue with the antenna and would have it fixed within the hour.
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2017 at 03:55 PM

Is that $289 usd per month ??? Telmex internet in$Mulege is about $380 peso per month.... or around $20 per month... We stream our tv from the states and use computers, majicjack at the same time w/o having any major problems...
If you can find someone in SanBruno that will let you run a signal PC with the right radios should work pretty good.. Also it is a pretty much straight shot from Nuevo Mulege to PC....
You can research the internet to find the equipment I have one site I believe is still in business and might be able to help I ll try to find my notes and post the site... good luck

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 5-20-2017 at 05:16 PM

That was pretty much my experience with TELMEX in Mulege..always good service and fast enough...

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2017 at 05:30 PM

I spoke with Adrian and his brother today. They are trying to raise the funds to purchase the equipment to transmit from Mulege to Chivato by July. So they're asking for 5 months service and purchase the equipment for the house. It all came out to just under $4,000 pesos. I asked about the slow times of the day and he said he could purchase more band width to offset high use times and to accommodate more clients. He made a point of vacation time when you're not here. He can turn off the service where you're not charged while gone. He's hoping to have service to all of Chivato and Palo Verde.

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2017 at 06:36 AM

Great report Russ. I kept meaning to ask about vacation hold. As Russ can attest, it is so much better to have a company do that who can trouble shoot, service, and deal with 12 O'clock phone calls of problems. I knew it was only a matter of time until someone hooked up the system to service Chivato.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2017 at 06:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtnpop  
Is that $289 usd per month ??? Telmex internet in$Mulege is about $380 peso per month.... or around $20 per month... We stream our tv from the states and use computers, majicjack at the same time w/o having any major problems...
If you can find someone in SanBruno that will let you run a signal PC with the right radios should work pretty good.. Also it is a pretty much straight shot from Nuevo Mulege to PC....
You can research the internet to find the equipment I have one site I believe is still in business and might be able to help I ll try to find my notes and post the site... good luck

NO, that is 289 pesos per month, which is around 16 dollars a month. The TV thing works fine now in San Bruno. The slowdown usually occurs around 3 in the afternoon and is a problem that there is so much usage in the system. Until Telmex does some upgrade on the Microwave dishes coming down the Peninsula, that will probably continue to be a problem.

San Bruno does not have a digital phone exchange so several people put in antennas from San Lucas, where they set up an antenna and a receiving antenna here in San Bruno but the maintenance and other factors were a serious problem, so when Adrian set up the system from Santa Rosalia to San Bruno, we knew we had a workable system. It will pretty much function the same way with the signal going from Mulege to Punta Chivato.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2017 at 08:35 AM

Excuse me! I have my receipt right in front of me! $389/month

[Edited on 5-21-2017 by Russ]

Fastbird
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2017 at 12:02 PM
Wireless internet for Punta CHivato

I heard about this a few days ago from Carlos Varela (our local contractor who lives in Palo Verde and who's Mom Julia has the restaurant in Chivato. I have told him I will go in on the "deal" so he will pass the word.
I hope the equipment is top quality, from years of wireless experience as a user, there can be a lot of technician time on equipment problems.
I'm glad this is happening!:spingrin:
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2017 at 07:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by Pescador  
Until Telmex does some upgrade on the Microwave dishes coming down the Peninsula, that will probably continue to be a problem.

You think Telmex is depending on Microwave to serve Mulegé? I was under the impression they'd switched over to fiber years ago.

I talked to the guys in Santa Rosalia and asked that very question. We all assumed that because we saw all the signs going up and down the peninsula with a Fiber Optic Cable that it would service the whole peninsula. They told me very clearly that the FO Cable does no service until La Paz and Cabo. I do not know if Ensenada has service. All the rest of the peninsula is Tower to Tower service.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2017 at 07:22 AM

Russ is right, it is $389 a month in Chivato. In San Bruno we pay $289.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.