Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Colnet Paradise Hotel RIP OFF
Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2017 at 07:50 PM
Colnet Paradise Hotel RIP OFF

We have stayed at the Paradise Hotel north of Colnet twice ~ $40/night. It's the one that is newer and sits alone on the hillside on the east side of the highway. Usually its mostly empty; no one is ever at the restaurant either. Well, we stopped there Monday night ~ tired, after 13 hours on the road north from Loreto) ~ only to be told by the frustrated and embarrased manager that the owner had arbitrarily raised the price of a room to $125 US for the week due to a race and the Memorial Day holiday. We kept driving.
They lost our business then and forever.

Such arbitrary and capricious price-gouging is despicable. We warn all Baja nomaders away from this misnomer of a Paradise.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2017 at 07:58 PM

Well, it happens every where. Where we live now, when Mule Days comes, $40.00 rooms are over $100.00. The hotel where we stay in Reno when we visit, is usually under $60, unless there is an event going on, and then it can be well over $100.

While annoying to the consumer, it is common practice in the USA, so not surprised.

[Edited on 6-2-2017 by DianaT]
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 6-1-2017 at 08:24 PM

Like DianaT said, happens everywhere, especially when they know an event is in town

PS: That place gives me the creeps
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2017 at 08:25 PM

re: gouging. Try to get a room in the path of the total solar eclipse in August. :o

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-1-2017 at 08:36 PM

Crikey!
All hotels the world over practice market pricing. Supply and demand! Why should an innkeeper set low prices if the marlket will pay more?
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
6-1-2017 at 10:41 PM
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-1-2017 at 11:02 PM

Sorry. Motels set the price, not the customer. I've stayed there. It's fine. No, I wouldn't pay that much for Colonet.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2017 at 12:09 AM

Next to appear?
You'll get a "Resort Fee" tacked on for $15-$30

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 6-2-2017 at 04:54 AM

Heard some rooms in Ensenada are $300 this week
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2017 at 08:08 AM

It is an okay place to over night. the beds are good. I don't like the drive in over the bumpy rocks and don't like hauling my things up to the room. The best thing is not having to drive thru San Quintin in the morning when people are thick trying to catch a bus. Too bad about the surprise room rates.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2017 at 10:05 AM

I can understand your frustration! Driving and tired and no bueno price hike. It is true that it is common practice - we never know if we will be able to stay at the hotel of choice in Ensenada because the price ranges from $50 (ok for us) to $150 (no way), but I have to say that I think this practice stinks.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2017 at 11:52 AM

In El Rosario the Baja Cactus doesn't price gouge; Tourista Hotel doesn't price gouge. Never had this experience in any hotel in 30+ years of transiting the peninsula!

Phooey on you Colnet Paraiso! We'll be waivin' adios as we cruise past you.
carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

puzzled.gif posted on 6-3-2017 at 12:08 PM

Every time we drive passed this place is desolate, uninviting, to me it looks more like a "laundromat" and not because they wash clothes.... who knows....

...work to camp and fish.... dream to be there....

http://aquapropoolandspaservice.com/
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-4-2017 at 08:11 PM

Drove by on Friday, day before the 500 and only one vehicle in front... not that that indicates. I would think they would have tested the price at a previous race in the area to gauge if they sell out. Are not 10 rooms rented at $40 better than 2 rooms at $100, as word of mouth referrals are so valuable, coming from 5 times more clients?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-4-2017 at 10:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Drove by on Friday, day before the 500 and only one vehicle in front... not that that indicates. I would think they would have tested the price at a previous race in the area to gauge if they sell out. Are not 10 rooms rented at $40 better than 2 rooms at $100, as word of mouth referrals are so valuable, coming from 5 times more clients?

Perhaps the innkeeper raised prices to drive the race crowd away. You know, those race crowds damage everything by placing their infernal stickers on everything. Probably wise to avoid the sticker vandals trashing the place, eh? :light:
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-5-2017 at 04:08 AM

We gotta get the gummint involved! Call some witness's, have some hearings, commission some polls, issue some directives..that kinda chit...Have a meeting..The San Ignacio accords....

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 6-5-2017 at 06:30 AM

"F" those greedy Bastards !!

You did the right thing , walk away........

I can accept an increase in time of high demand BUT when they shoot for the moon, they are simply being greedy. "F" them !

I hope they didn't rent a single room.
And I'm one to hope the best for most people.
KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2017 at 08:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Perhaps the innkeeper raised prices to drive the race crowd away. You know, those race crowds damage everything by placing their infernal stickers on everything. Probably wise to avoid the sticker vandals trashing the place, eh? :light:

Funny, bumper stickers are as bad as graffiti IMO

And re: the Hotel

There is something not right about the place , has a hinky vibe

Won't go there again

Some one mentioned laundromat
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 6-5-2017 at 10:06 AM

YES like in Las Vegas!

Quote: Originally posted by Cliffy  
Next to appear?
You'll get a "Resort Fee" tacked on for $15-$30

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 6-5-2017 at 01:41 PM

Hmmmmm???? In the States, we stay in hotel/motels that run from about $50 to $75 a night all the time. How do they do it??? I don't know, but they do.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-5-2017 at 02:15 PM

My, that's an incredibly stupid statement....

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.