Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Hotel La Huerta in San Ignacio
Fernweh
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2017 at 09:40 PM
Hotel La Huerta in San Ignacio

Just rolled into San Ignacio today,
and checked into the hotel La Huerta again.
Now featuring a completely new paint scheme, the rooms absolutely sparkling clean, and being welcome again by their friendly staff.
My friend Harald told me about their new restaurant, just across the courtyard.
Finally a nice restaurant in San Ignacio, the floor so clean you could eat of it. A simple no-nonsense menu with good choices, I had a very tasty steak, and the knife was sharp enough to handle the bit fresh meat....
Overall a very pleasant experience, which set this place apart from the IMO sad choices around the town square.

Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2017 at 04:17 AM

Looking Good.:bounce::bounce:
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2017 at 06:44 AM

Great news! This is the third report I have heard stating how good the restaurant is, so looks like we have a winner!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 6-3-2017 at 07:45 AM

Excellent prices on the menu you posted...thanks!!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-3-2017 at 08:30 AM

La Huerta restaurant is OK, but lacks character. Is a bit sterile and boring - it's hotel food. Food is adequate, but not special.
I still prefer to eat at Rene's, watch the cars, pedestrians and chickens walk by. I highly recommend chicken tacos at Quichules by the military inspection spot.
My only must-eat in SI is to buy ice cream from shop on the square and eat it in the square, relaxing in the shade
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2017 at 10:37 AM

We stayed there in April and you're right Karl it is a welcome place to go. Good food, good rooms, good service and at good prices.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 6-3-2017 at 11:31 AM

too bad the walls are paper thin....we could hear people talking even in their regular voice....sucks if you have noisy neighbours but otherwise the best option in town....dont forget your ear plugs!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2017 at 01:28 PM

Love menu pics!
Great review, thanks!
BUT--- bummer about the thin walls!

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2017 at 03:20 PM

ear plugs! just BRILLIANT, as the British would say.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 6-3-2017 at 08:54 PM

I had the opportunity to eat lunch there in March for the first time. I was truly impressed, both with the food and restaurant as well. I wouldn't think to call it sterile, it is clean, fresh, and elegant. The food was delcious at a very reasonable price. Nothing hotel food about my meal. Service and presentation were exceptional. it is a classy option!

\"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.\" Andy Rooney
Chup
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2017 at 05:59 PM

Late add to this.
I too was able to spend a night at the hotel in early March this year coming out of GN headed to Bay of Concepcion and was very impressed with the rooms, the cleanliness, and the amenities for the very reasonable price.

The restaurant was also rememberable for their service, the food and sitting outside listening to the peac-cks was a nice twist. I have no problem recommending the hotel or the restaurant to all.

[Edited on 8-6-2017 by Chup]

[Edited on 8-6-2017 by Chup]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-5-2017 at 09:31 PM

Stayed at La Huerta several times and never heard others. My last time was in the room next to the office and I was concerned as noise keeps me awake. I slept great!
I had breakfast at their new restaurant and it was good and inexpensive. My last dinner was at Augustin's taco stand at the plaza... may have been the best carne asada in Baja?! Chef Victor of Victor's restaurant passed away, fyi.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajachris
Nomad

Mood: Love Baja

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 06:35 AM

Do they allow dogs?
Sr.vienes
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 06:58 AM
Thin walls

I can't stand outside noise in motels either. I downloaded a white noise app on my IPhone and leave it on the charger all night, end of problem. The only downside is you won't hear anyone breaking into your car, but that hasn't happened to us in thirty plus years (in Baja anyway).
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 09:41 AM

As of a year or so ago they accepted dogs.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 09:47 AM

I too think it's a very good hotel. I've stayed there several times and never had a problem with noise.
gueribo
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 09:47 AM

I'll second (and third) this...very peaceful stop. Had a nice chat with the groundskeeper. Good people.
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 04:54 PM

Is it really the best option in town? Thought the San Ignacio Springs bungalows were awesome... dog friendly, friendly owners, great breakfast!

In that pre-Google Earth and social media epoch, The Code was adhered to. It was based on a simple verity: if a locale had been transformational for you, and you had put the hard yards in to get there and to learn it, to know it, why in god�s name would you broadcast the news, thus ruining the future experience not only for yourself, but for future adventurers?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 05:30 PM

(Yurts) ... and wildlife experience!
There is also the old motel, beyond La Huerta, the 'La Posada', The Desert Inn, Ricardo's Rice and Beans, and also on the highway to the east, Baja Oasis.
Not any recommendations, just some additional options.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 05:50 PM

I've only stayed at the old La Pinta now Desert Inn which was OK and was $65 a night several years ago. Rice and Beans is/was last I stayed $60 a night with no wifi in the room. Not bad but not as good as La Huerta. I've heard the Yurts is like $100. A little too rich for me.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.