BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Chivato Bulls Only.......
dorado50
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2017 at 10:57 AM
Chivato Bulls Only.......

waiting for tournament info for 2017. Has it been cancelled?
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-3-2017 at 10:59 AM

No News bout the Mulege tournament either...

BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 6-3-2017 at 11:37 AM

Chivato is on June 23, 24, 25:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1540194199344269...
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 6-4-2017 at 06:39 AM

You might also try getting on the email list. Send something to casaoxley AT GEE MAIL, etc. I have received at least two updates, including one this past week.
BajaGlenn
Nomad

Mood: Missing Baja

[*] posted on 6-4-2017 at 07:10 AM

Wishin i was fishin :bounce:
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2017 at 09:15 AM

The tournament is June 23, 24, 25. Registration, Captains Meeting, and Calcutta Auction is Friday night. Licenses will be sold there

Fishing day is Saturday with an 8:00 Shotgun Start

Sunday is the awards dinner, Fish Tacos, raffle drawings,

There will be rooms available at Los Chibatos Hotelito.
dorado50
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2017 at 04:24 PM

I am now up to speed, thanks all...... oh, one more thing, does anyone know where the dorado are?:spingrin:
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-7-2017 at 04:40 PM

Just go out on a 60 till you find em...

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2017 at 05:31 PM

On most derby days 1/3 head SE past the islands and most go over by San Marcos Isl and Troguga. I've only heard of a few small dorado in the last week. Pescador has a much better handle on what's going on out there.

[Edited on 6-8-2017 by Russ]

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 6-8-2017 at 07:35 AM

Two tournaments on this side, the last two weekends. One weighable dorado, total, for both tournaments. 14.2 lbs. The first tournament was lures only, the second allowed bait and over 100 billfish were caught and released in the two days.

I am hearing reports of decent numbers of small dorado (<12 lbs.) being found over here. Virtually no sargasso so far, but sargasso patches are much more common off the Baja side.
drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2017 at 01:29 PM

So... whats up with the results of the tournament? Did they catch any dodo's? If so, how big?
Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2017 at 02:24 PM

I here'd through the Grapevine that a 22.2 Bull won Chivato with second at 11lbs. Third was a tie with 9lbs. Sound like just a few boats even got Fish. But Fun was had by all...:bounce::bounce::bounce:
KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2017 at 07:55 PM

I haven't confirmed it yet but I heard only 4 dorado caught

If true I think of the environmental impact of the gas burned in pursuit of a dying supply of fish is disgusting.

Glad everyone had a great time raping what little is left.

Vaquita , Dorado , is there any difference really?

Maybe a trigger fish tournament , Kayaks only, would be a more appropriate venue

Thought processes need to change

kc/
dorado50
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2017 at 08:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by KaceyJ  
I haven't confirmed it yet but I heard only 4 dorado caught

If true I think of the environmental impact of the gas burned in pursuit of a dying supply of fish is disgusting.

Glad everyone had a great time raping what little is left.

Vaquita , Dorado , is there any difference really?

Maybe a trigger fish tournament , Kayaks only, would be a more appropriate venue

Thought processes need to change

kc/

Dude, pull your head out of the sand. Chivato area is so full of dorado right now its ridiculous.... many, many in the 20 to 30# range. You cant troll more than five minutes before being blasted by dorados. The tournament produced lots of dorados by the way.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2017 at 05:47 AM

dorado50, I beg to disagree with you. There were a very few boats out of the 20 or so that went out that got some dorado. Most came back without any dorado some got into billfish however. We have had a few days of fishable weather and a few boats that have been out looking for dorado. I'd have said chasing dorado but that would infer that there were some out there. I thought last year was bad but so far this year it's a disaster!

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
dorado50
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2017 at 06:08 AM

Hmm...for some reason I keep running into them and I am not a lucky guy! When I bring a dorado to my boat there are just massive schools under the boat. Granted the dorado fishing is weaker now than in years past, imo, perhaps because of lack of Sargasso weed this year?. The key for me this summer is if you find a turtle the dorado will be close by.....BTW, my fishing partner and I caught at least 15 fish on tourney day. All but four released of course.
Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2017 at 07:02 AM

Well dorado50. I would Love to see a couple of shots of these large schools of Dorado that you see?? Maybe the next time you go out you could make some of us happy that have'd seen some thing like that in a year. :light::o
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2017 at 07:29 AM

Boy, I love these opinion pieces. Fishing was a little tough but about half of the boats did pretty well. We had more than enough fish to feed everyone a wonderful Dorado Taco Dinner prepared by Saul Zuniga from Mulege. This kind of reminds me of the two blind men who went to a Circus to see the Elephant. One touched the trunk and reported a large animal with a Thick, heavy, powerful tail that could actually hold peanuts. The other touched the other end and thought that the trunk was really wimpy with a little hairy brush at the end and did not feel at all like the elephant he thought of in his mind. You guys remind me of that. Either the fishing was great and everyone had a great time, or the fishing was lousy and Nobody caught any fish.

We have a serious problem with longliners and commercial fishermen in the Sea of Cortez who are seriously hammering the Dorado populations. It is still possible to see vast schools of Dorado when you are in the right place at the right time. Having lived here for over 15 years, it is my opinion (and you know how much that is worth) that the schools are stronger than the last few years.
Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2017 at 07:51 AM

Well Pescador, I have always believed in a Picture is worth a thousand words. It might be a case of the Emperor has no clothes syndrome. We can wish for the fishing to be like it was in the past, but it really isn't.:biggrin:
dorado50
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2017 at 09:16 AM

Hey meany, really don't care what you think from your chair on land! If it suits you than there are no dorado here. Its all a big lie!. Sorry I burst your bubble, didn't mean to upset your internet beliefs.....carry on with your negativity.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.