BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Chivato Bulls Only.......
Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2017 at 10:04 AM

Don't worry Dorado50 no burst bubble here...Ive been fishing out of Chivato for 20+ years and I know what I've seen. To pretend otherwise is to ignore the problem all of the sea of Cortez is having with dwindling fish stock and slowing efforts to reverse it. Thats why I was so eager to see your photos to prove otherwise. Very unusual for a fisherman not to have photos....:biggrin:
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2017 at 11:49 AM

I don't know who Dorado50 is but Meany is out there on the water and has good sources and a lot of experience here and NOB. I've now become the "chair on land" reporter but like Meany spent over 20 years chasing dorado. What is upsetting to me is that here it is a week after the tournament and there is still no official report from those who put the tournament on. I had so many different stories on what happened that I just reported what I felt the most accurate. Pescador was on the beach where the fish were brought in and was a huge part of the event so he should have reported. You could have given a report and saved my poor reporting a week ago??? However inaccurate my reports are/were I will hold with my belief that the dorado stocks are dismal. I spoke to many of the boats that didn't report the the beach because the got skunked. " Fishing was a little tough but about half of the boats did pretty well." Come on Pescador & Dorado50 a 22 pound fish takes the top prize and and 2nd place is 11 pounds and that's doing pretty well?? Jeeze who's playing in the sand? And also reported to me there were boats bringing in over limits catches to help with the taco dinner. Yes there are differing reports here and that leaves it up to the reader to filter thru all the info. To say someone a lying is out of line! Again the tournament folks could have posted or sent out an e-mail and avoided many rumors and misinformation.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 7-1-2017 at 12:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by KaceyJ  
I haven't confirmed it yet but I heard only 4 dorado caught

If true I think of the environmental impact of the gas burned in pursuit of a dying supply of fish is disgusting.

Glad everyone had a great time raping what little is left.

Vaquita , Dorado , is there any difference really?

Maybe a trigger fish tournament , Kayaks only, would be a more appropriate venue

Thought processes need to change

kc/

now why would anyone be reluctant to post a fishing report here? :no:
1bobo
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2017 at 09:26 AM

The tournament people took a number of photos at weigh-in, and I assumed they'd be posted somewhere, but apparently not.

1st (22.2 lbs) and 3rd (9.2 lbs) fish were caught on the Wabi Sabi, captained by Bill Ochs out of Mulege. 32 miles out, blue water and no sign of fish; no sargasso, no birds for 4 hours, until we came upon a mesquite log with boobies sitting on it and every dorado within 20 miles under and around it.

Needless to say, we had an exciting hour releasing many fish. Lost a couple of nice ones, but didn't see really big ones.

The fish are out there, but without any structure to concentrate them, it's a crap shoot finding the fish the longliners don't get.

Very well organized tournament, great people. Thanks to the Homeowners Association of Punta Chivato.

22.2 lbs 2017 HAPC Bulls Only winner_tn.jpg - 90kB
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 7-2-2017 at 10:00 AM

wow thats a hell of a boat ride! is that the winning fish? gracias :coolup:
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2017 at 10:56 AM

We needed Russ and his camera to record the events. I actually was too busy to also take responsibility for all the pictures. Forget the rumors, there were exactly 12 fish checked in to the scales run by FONMAR. I have been working this tournament for a long time and we are always at the break time of the year when we either have some fish or do not have any fish at all. We always have yellowtail or some other fish in the freezer to take care of our responsibility for the Fish Taco Dinner.

I posted pictures and reports on Facebook and find myself not spending as much time on this site as I get a little tired of the negativity and sarcasm that seems to permeate everything. Civility and common respect have become more rare than the Dorado. I think the videos from Vince Radice treat this issue better than anything else I have seen and are very informative.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vN_g2-JU_E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXp0U8yXsoY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0__kyyAXSUU

Meany is absolutely right that the level of Dorado stocks are but a fraction of what they were even 10 years ago and to claim otherwise if foolish and ill informed.

But, for a tournament, the purpose is a competition where everyone goes out for a day of fishing and between luck and skill someone wins and someone loses. It was a great day for Bill Ochs who is a good fisherman that spends the time on the water. There were other great fishermen who I have a lot of respect for that did not do so well, but the tournament was a smashing success and everyone that attended had a wonderful time.
Meany
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2017 at 11:59 AM

1bobo nice looking fish. Thanks for posting the picture. I see some tails in your cooler so it was good day for you and your friends. I am not doubting that there wasn't any fish out there. I just find some fish story to be questionable. That is why pictures work for me. The proof is in the pudding.....:biggrin:
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 7-2-2017 at 12:22 PM

I find it humorous that one fisherperson finds another fisherperson's story to be questionable. That I believe is a redundancy. :biggrin:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.