Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: My Saturday clean up 6/3/17
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2017 at 04:34 PM
My Saturday clean up 6/3/17

We have been doing cleanups every Saturday at different spots around town. The hook for the kids is brownies and ice cream (bribery? heck yeah!) and today we met in front of the gas station.

But let me begin at the beginning:

I went to the restaurant at the beach with my amore, after I jogged at about 7 am.

THE PLAYA

Breakfast at the Cabaña Restaurant - be sure to order the HUEVOS RANCHEROS and be sure that Jose is there to supervise!

From there, I changed and went to the scheduled clean up which I organize every weekend and which I have named UNA BOCANA MAS LIMPIA project (a cleaner La Bocana).

Here is Taori, such a cool kid.

TAORI

Here is yours truly.

ME CLEANING

and look at the difference.....a ma zing.

CLEAN BUSH

and the junior high kids who came to help.

2 GIRLS

GROUP

Look how clean they left this arroyo! Unfortunately, this arroyo has to be de-trashed at least twice a month as folks tend to throw trash in it.

Came home after giving the kids brownies and buying them at ice cream. My great friend Dave came by for lunch. He is a sponsor for 3 of the college kids - pays tuition for two and the rent for another. God bless this guy and all the other angels who help me with brownie mix, school supplies, trash bags and of course the ever needed tuition/rent sponsorships.

He also owns a winery with EXCELLENT wines if anyone is a wine connoisseur - PESCATORE - which means fishermen in Italian. Gotta be good, right?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 6-4-2017 at 06:52 AM

Good for you Blanca.

I hear social ads from the Mexican Govt on the radio all the time. Maybe you can contact them to start running ads on "how it is not your right to throw trash on the ground".

I watched a girl throw trash out of the car window in front of a moto cop in TJ on Tuesday. He pulled her over.

Also, maybe some gloves?

saludos amiga
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2017 at 08:46 AM

Excellent work.

"Unfortunately, this arroyo has to be de-trashed at least twice a month as folks tend to throw trash in it."

Perhaps a sign? I wonder if it's the same folks each time.

Is there weekly garbage truck type trash removal in your town?
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 6-4-2017 at 11:25 AM

Blanca,
You do such good work for your community...:saint:

Don't believe everything you think....
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2017 at 12:06 PM

Good things going on in the hood down there, people taking it to the next level as their hearts dictate. Baja creates so many of these kinds of opportunities to go forward with the people who live there too.
Good on all involved

Es Todo Bueno
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2017 at 01:18 PM

Looks great, congrats!
Next time I`m at Campo Renes, I`m going to cruise over to La Cabana for huevos rancheros and beans!!!

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
8knots
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2017 at 02:57 PM

Kudos for your giving nature!
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2017 at 03:40 PM

Your community is so fortunate to have you. Keep up the good work.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2017 at 12:51 PM

thanks all! I invite you all to come and join me any Saturday ;)

@aguachico - I love that the cop pulled the girl over in TJ! Truly a change.

Great idea about the sign in the arroyo SF and H. I will get to work on that! Tell me why I did not think of that sooner :?::?::?:

We do have trash pickup although it is erratic. Driver gets sick, no pickup. Truck breaks down, no pickup. Workers aren't paid, that is a no brainer, for sure no pickup.

@bornfisher - When you come for the huevos rancheros, call us so we can join you! landline 615 156-0056.

I have photos of La Bocana when I first started these clean ups so many years ago and the difference is striking. Few people don't handle their trash properly nowadays, but these few sure makes a mess.

Funny story: a group of very young folk from TJ came to the high school a month ago to do a presentation on taking care of the environment, especially reducing use of plastic. Even though I don't teach at the high school, the principal called me up and asked me to participate in the visiting group's documentary. It was fun to commend them for inspiring young adults to take better care of Mexico and to be filmed talking about my dream for a clean Baja and for better landfills.

Look what I just read - Antonio's desert falcons ambulance service did a clean up in the NORTHERN La Bocana near El Rosario. There was some event and the trash left over was horrible, so they went and cleaned up. What a group!

http://www.elvigia.net/el-valle/2013/9/14/halcones-hacen-cam...

and here is the website I created years ago- notice that David (the same guy who is now helping to sponsor college students) is in there! It was the first time he came to stay in our town and I hauled him off to clean up with me. I swear, only I would do that!!

https://sites.google.com/site/cleaningupbaja/

Thanks all for the nice words. If you come visit, please bring me brownie mix. I am a legend in La Bocana since there is no brownie mix here and I tell them it is a secret recipe. the chocolate has to come from far away ... which isn't too bad a fib, is it?

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 6-5-2017 at 01:15 PM

Great work on the cleanup!

Regarding the brownie mix: " wredna kłamczuszka!" Ask Les to translate.
DawnPatrol
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2017 at 08:02 AM

Excellent job on teaching the younger generation the right path. I love that restaurant, great food!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2017 at 04:11 PM

DawnPatrol -for a while we were disappointed in the restaurant but after lots of complaints, I can say that it has really improved.

Yesterday, we had a garlic shrimp dish that comes with mashed potato and salad. To die for good!

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.