Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Cheap weekly room
beenalloverMX

[*] posted on 6-4-2017 at 01:15 AM
Cheap weekly room

I may rent a cheap room by the week in TJ to give me time to look around for apartment? Any good suggestions? I just need good bed, clean and relatively safe. No tv, phone or luxury needed. Someplace near the night action but without loud noise level.

What do most people use to search for apartments? Craiglist?-has been very flakey for U.S. rentals, not even sure most ads are not just spam to get your email address or that they even forward you replies.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2017 at 06:30 AM

I would use airbnb for the weekly rental. Usually less expensive than a hotel and the owners should be able to help with apartment search.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
6-5-2017 at 10:13 AM
beenalloverMX

[*] posted on 7-20-2017 at 10:19 AM
Not what I'm after, but thanks.

Thanks for the replies, but not what I'm after. AirBnb poses privacy invasion to use their services and their rates are not much cheaper than a hotel.
The other one is overpriced (imnsho) and location looks iff (too far).

What about hotels near a bus station. Anyone have suggestion on those?
I'd like to find something for $20 a night or less.

Thanks.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-20-2017 at 10:29 AM

Geezo, you been looking for months...

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2017 at 10:38 AM

If you go to downtown TJ, where the arch is, and walk around -there are many options for that price, maybe a tad more. I saw some around Calle Tercera.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
vandy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2017 at 02:52 PM

I was in TJ for a week just a couple of months ago.
After a lot of searching, I ended up at Hotel Pacifico.
When I asked for weekly rates, the calculator came out to get "times 7".
It was 550 to 650 pesos (weekend), nice room, quiet, courtyard parking and walking distance to everything you need.
Good thing, because driving in TJ sux!
Look up the food vendors' park a couple of blocks away.
Tasty!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-20-2017 at 04:52 PM

Ask a local cop if he can hook you up with a room!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-20-2017 at 04:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by beenalloverMX  

What about hotels near a bus station. Anyone have suggestion on those?
I'd like to find something for $20 a night or less.

Thanks.

TJ for $20 a night? Your scraping bottom of barrel. Those dives are numerous, but probably don't advertise on net and probably not covered on this board. Walk around TJ, you'll see signs for cheap places.
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2017 at 05:00 PM

$20 bucks anite? I'm not that cheap,ja, ja! Get a weekly rate. Where you from? Ever been to TJ at night or south of the border?
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2017 at 05:34 PM

Yeah, that's for sure. And, he wants a TJ hotel room by the week.

I thought they all had hourly rates. ;)

"Hola, I'd like a room for 168 hours, what's the charge?"

[Edited on 7-21-2017 by SFandH]
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2017 at 08:24 PM

Funny question, and the OP comments/clarifications about Airbnb are funnier yet.

Hotel under $20 in TJ, that are not a total dump - I've seen some $17-18. Not too many.

Interesting thing - cheap TJ hotels and discount airlines like Viva are getting more expensive in summer. One would think that 95F heat is not the best time to move around, but apparently Mexicans see it differently.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2017 at 03:55 PM

No, snowbirds have BOTH best parts of the year - summer NOB and winter in Mexico :)
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 7-25-2017 at 02:54 AM

Hotel La Villa de Zaragoza in Tijuana | Cheap Hotel Deals & Rates - Hotel Reviews on Cheaptickets
https://www.cheaptickets.com/Tijuana-Hotels-Hotel-La-Villa-D...

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 7-25-2017 at 02:59 AM

Hotel Paris in Tijuana | Cheap Hotel Deals & Rates - Hotel Reviews on Cheaptickets
https://www.cheaptickets.com/Tijuana-Hotels-Hotel-Paris.h134...

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

beenalloverMX

[*] posted on 7-26-2017 at 06:08 AM

thanks to bajablanco, vandy and fishbuck for their on topic specific replies.

The rest of the 10 or so replies are probably from marooons who have nothing better to do than to vent their miserable lives online by trying to start flamewars. Beyond this answer, I have nothing more to say to these flamebaiters.

I found a good site that includes T.J. and gives reviews to judge whether or not the places are any good. I will have no trouble finding what I am looking for.

It's correct, you don't get much for under $20 a night in TJ, but I don't need much, just clean and safe and cool. Don't need tv, internet, breakfast, pool, just a clean place to sleep w/out the roaches.

That's $600 a month for just a room, plenty enough for any mexican proprietor to make money. AirBnb is a ripoff imnsho. People who pay more for a room are either rolling in money so it means nothing to them or stupid.

I knew there were alot of room in TJ for that price, just was looking for a source to arrange accomodations in advance. No interest in wandering around TJ looking for one.

Admin you need to fine tune your repeated post filter as a double click on a not so function touchpad triggers it even though I only tried to make one post.

:cool::P
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2017 at 06:32 PM

It must suck to be poorer than than poor people in the country you are interested in? :?:

20 bucks a night:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 7-27-2017 by chippy]
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2017 at 07:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  
It must suck to be poorer than than poor people in the country you are interested in? :?:

20 bucks a night:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 7-27-2017 by chippy]

herramienta.....:no:
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2017 at 07:58 PM

The rest of the 10 or so replies are probably from marooons who have nothing better to do than to vent their miserable lives online by trying to start flamewars.

$35-50 rates are surely specific to the subject of $20 room :)...

That's why I didn't advertise some $17-20 hotels - quite decent btw, not a Marriott but in a good area. You can't think straight, can't remember your own question(s). What flamewars, don't flatter yourself. Cow t.urd burns poorly, and I'm sorry but I can't sense anything else under that scull.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2017 at 08:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  

The rest of the 10 or so replies are probably from marooons who have nothing better to do than to vent their miserable lives online by trying to start flamewars.

$35-50 rates are surely specific to the subject of $20 room :)...

That's why I didn't advertise some $17-20 hotels - quite decent btw, not a Marriott but in a good area. You can't think straight, can't remember your own question(s). What flamewars, don't flatter yourself. Cow t.urd burns poorly, and I'm sorry but I can't sense anything else under that scull.

are you talking about propelling a boat forward using an oar side to side.....or are you an idiot?
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2017 at 08:38 PM

Already high, Willy?

I am talking about hotels in TJ.
Btw, there is such thing as a canoe, side to side stroke. Goes forward but you need to know how.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.