Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Bye-Bye Puertecitos
beachbum1A
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 07:25 AM

I wonder if anyone bothered checking with the Black Widow first? I mean doesn't she run everything there in Puertecitos! LOL

Just do it!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 08:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by redhilltown  

Could not disagree more. If you think the Enchanted Islands are "ugly"...if you think Black Mountain is "ugly"...if you've stood on a rock and north of Huerfanito and cast out into the Cortez for corvina and sierra while turtles swam near you and finbacks in the distance...that is not "ugly"...it can be heaven and it is beautiful.

Sorry you've been stuck hanging in that ugly stretch. Ugliest in Baja and it's not close. Go South.

Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 10:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by redhilltown  
Could not disagree more. If you think the Enchanted Islands are "ugly"...if you think Black Mountain is "ugly"...if you've stood on a rock and north of Huerfanito and cast out into the Cortez for corvina and sierra while turtles swam near you and finbacks in the distance...that is not "ugly"...it can be heaven and it is beautiful.

Thanks for reminding us what is "ugly" and what is not who is and who is not. That stretch of coast used to be hard earned. The reward then was the stark contrast of desert landscaped by wind and events juxtaposition with a bountiful, vibrant Sea.

Your words beautifully describe that feeling and experience. Thanks!

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 11:43 AM

It was a great piece of road, hard earned, as you say. Grinding over the sisters, emerging from the brushy wash to find Papa Fernandez waiting with a cold beer already open for you...

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 01:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Jorge  

Thanks for reminding us what is "ugly" and what is not who is and who is not. That stretch of coast used to be hard earned. The reward then was the stark contrast of desert landscaped by wind and events juxtaposition with a bountiful, vibrant Sea.

Low lying flat land by the ocean and a tide that goes out for miles. No nice bays. Ugly from land and utterly horrendous by boat.

SF is one of the crappiest cities. Puertecitos is a barren dust bowl with no redeeming qualities. I took a ton of pics and video from there on one trip and put them in the trash because they tarnished the beauty from the rest of it.

Look around Loreto or San Carlos on the mainland if you want to see what a beautiful coast line looks like. Where the mountains butt up against the coast, nice bays to hang out in during the day, beautiful beaches, and islands.

And there are many places all along the East coast of Baja from Gonzaga on down just like that.

That Northern stretch is god awful ugly and if you say different you haven't seen Baja or much of the mainland. The only reason ppl go there if truth be told is it's proximity to the border.

[Edited on 6-9-2017 by JZ]
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 01:13 PM

Jizzy, you have your head so far up your burro, that you are looking out your belly button...You wouldn't know Baja if it bit you...

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 01:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Jizzy, you have your head so far up your burro, that you are looking out your belly button...You wouldn't know Baja if it bit you...

You don't even go to Baja anymore. You just sit on this board all day and dream about the couple trips you took many moons ago and b-tch about how it sucks now.

I'll be taking my boat from Sonora across the SoC down the coast of Baja for the 10th time soon, enjoy Kansas bub.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 01:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by Don Jorge  

Low lying flat land by the ocean and a tide that goes out for miles. No nice bays. Ugly from land and utterly horrendous by boat.

SF is one of the crappiest cities. Puertecitos is a barren dust bowl with no redeeming qualities. I took a ton of pics and video from there on one trip and put them in the trash because they tarnished the beauty from the rest of it.

Look at around Loreto or San Carlos on the mainland if you want to see what a beautiful coast line looks like. Where the mountains butt up against the coast, nice bays to hang out in during the day, beautiful beaches, and islands.

And there are many places all along the East coast of Baja from Gonzaga on down just like that.

That Northern stretch is god awful ugly and if you say different you haven't seen Baja or much of the mainland. The only reason ppl go there if truth be told is it's proximity to the border.

while you are correct that san felipe to puertocitos area is not particularly appealing, and has crappy beaches, your hyperbole is a bit over the top for your chosen audience that includes many pensioners that are very happily spending their sunset years along that coast. your excessive impolite hyperbole is perhaps not unexpected of someone that chose jizz as their screen name :lol::lol::lol:
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 01:31 PM

Jizzy is a fool....

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 01:31 PM

JZ, have you ever heard the saying "Cada loco con su tema"? It means, "be as crazy as you like it"... another way of saying 'different strokes'. Apparently the area is not your cup of tea, fine. Back in The Day when I was your age I didn't live an hour from the border; was a 14 hour drive just to get to La Frontera. Puerto Peñasco and Puertecitos served my purpose just fine with only a week off total to play SOB.

Then you fill the thread with your opinion, which is all it really is, full of negativity and malice. Then you have the audacity to criticize others for doing the same.... kinda hypocritical, no? Beauty is in the mouth of the beholder, and you should maybe shut yours. . As usual you post your statement (singular) a half dozen times on the same thread stating the same argument over and over as if nobody got it the first time; you made your point, maybe you should listen to others. Your posts demean others' likes and enjoyments by your condescending attitude.

Forty going on fourteen methinks. Sad. :(

[Edited on 6-10-2017 by bajabuddha]

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 01:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
JZ, have you ever heard the idioma "Cada loco con su tema"? It means, "be as crazy as you like it"... another way of saying 'different strokes'. Apparently the area is not your cup of tea, fine. Back in The Day when I was your age I didn't live an hour from the border; was a 14 hour drive just to get to La Frontera. Puerto Peñasco and Puertecitos served my purpose just fine with only a week off total to play SOB.

Then you fill the thread with your opinion, which is all it really is, full of negativity and malice. Then you have the audacity to criticize others for doing the same.... kinda hypocritical, no? Beauty is in the mouth of the beholder, and you should maybe shut yours. . As usual you post your statement (singular) a half dozen times on the same thread stating the same argument over and over as if nobody got it the first time; you made your point, maybe you should listen to others. Your posts demean others' likes and enjoyments by your condescending attitude.

Forty going on fourteen methinks. Sad. :(

Puerto Peñasco is an armpit. It's similar to SF.

And if you read my post I did provide more explanation (low lying flat land, no bays, crappy beaches, no cool islands, etc.).

And if you analyze Chuckie's posts, thats what they are all about. Talking chit on Baja, saying it's too dangerous, chiting on DK's posts, telling us all how it was better back in the day. So, yeah he gets mocked and laffed at, etc. If you wanna roll with him, so be it.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 02:26 PM

Jizzy is a fool...And it WAS better back in the day, before children like you, with a few bucks (damn few) decided to treat it like a playground...Jizzy is a fool

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 02:28 PM

Strange and kind of sad that you (jz) don´t see any beauty in that desert scape. Even stranger to be so adamant about it´s "ugliness".

[Edited on 6-9-2017 by chippy]
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 02:36 PM

Funny how a message board used by all kinda different levels of blowhards get off on criticizing each others viewpoint. A guy doesn't like a certain spot - so ***in what? That just means more space for you and your chit if and when you ever go there again. Everything was better 100 years ago except internet, telephones, vehicles, microbrews, fishing equipment AD NAUSEUM.

Get a grip and quit griping at every ***in thing! Add some pictures or stories or, novel concept coming up, start your own thread with something interesting. Or is that why so many here like to talk chit, cuz they got nothing interesting to say?

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 02:44 PM

That was pretty interesting:rolleyes:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 02:53 PM

Thanks for noticing!

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 02:56 PM

At the risk of sounding trite, ALL of Baja was/is amazing! To me there is NO part of it that doesn't have something that makes you shake your head and say "WOW!" .....

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 03:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
At the risk of sounding trite, ALL of Baja was/is amazing! To me there is NO part of it that doesn't have something that makes you shake your head and say "WOW!" .....

I agree... the wow factor is really amazing! Take the fork in the road (either one)... it goes someplace really cool in most cases!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 03:14 PM

40+ years ago Papa told me that they were going to pave the road any day now but the best thing about Baja is the people. The ones born and raised there. Some of the nicest people in the world (and I've been around the world a couple of times). They live in all types of terrain from the flats of SF to tops of the mountains at Mike's. Obviously they all don't agree on where to live. Some like one area some like another.
Just the way life is and its too short to worry about this chit You don't like it? Don't go there.

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2017 at 04:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

In 1972 some high school buds father owned Camborac Camper, Fullerton, CA, and they built some pretty tough shells in the day. They also went on to build fiberglass boats under the Cabo brand until that fell apart.

Their dad loved Baja and was one of those real old timers you met back in the day who really paid their dues, paved the way and lit your stoke on Baja. If they needed something to enhance their Baja experience they built it.

They had a very simple place in Puertecitos on the bay. The fishing was good and the town seemed like an oasis. Puertecitos was actually quite vibrant and enjoyable in a laid back fisherman-drinking man kinda of way.

Nowadays when I take that route, which is not often, Puertecitos reminds me of the small towns in middle America. Weathered skeletons stand starkly in contrast to their glory days. The time frames are similar too, heydays in the 70s and early 80s going downhill fast from there. I do not find it ugly but interesting and educational.

So yes, we see it differently, which is ok. One can only hope to know Baja and Mexico as well as you do JZ. Maybe someday?

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.