Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: MSN article "the War Next Door"
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-11-2017 at 04:20 PM
MSN article "the War Next Door"

Good (long) article on the present violence in Mexico and Baja in Particular. The stats, the reasons, the cause. Making Mexico the 2nd most dangerous place in the world. Discuss's the hush ups by the Mexican Govt and developers as well.Find it and read it.

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 6-11-2017 at 04:35 PM

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/mexico%e2%80%99s-war-is-...

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 6-11-2017 at 04:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by measomsan  
Having lived for years in El Encantio right near Buzzard's I know the area well. I chatted with a guard down there and he said the body count was 18 and growing. There are trails off the road from the round about toward Zac's I would go up those sometimes and see freshly striped cars. I stopped doing that because did not want to come up on someone , let's say busy at the time.
Yesterday in my old neighbor El Tule a half way point between Cabo and SJ they found two hacked bodies on the beach. This is truly sad as it will stop some fro coming down. Housing prices will be affected for sometime because I don't see this ending soon.
I pray for all my friends who have property there and have enjoyed moving around with little worries for years.
(different thread):rolleyes:

I find it disquieting the biggest worry is fellow property owner's loss of value when people hacked to death dumped on public beaches is secondary losses.

Personally, if I prayed it would be for the losses of life for quick money, not invested money for quick life.

[Edited on 6-11-2017 by bajabuddha]

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2017 at 04:43 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't go there if I were you. Stay home. But if you must, please use a crossing other than San Ysidro. I highly recommend Tecate.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2017 at 05:56 PM

Where is it no one is supposed to go?

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2017 at 09:45 PM

Tell me again, How many tourists have been caught up in this?

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2017 at 10:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Good (long) article on the present violence in Mexico and Baja in Particular. The stats, the reasons, the cause. Making Mexico the 2nd most dangerous place in the world. Discuss's the hush ups by the Mexican Govt and developers as well.Find it and read it.

MSN reporting an article from The Daily Beast.

'The Daily Beast is an American news and opinion website focused on politics and pop culture. In a 2015 interview, editor in chief John Avlon described The Beast's editorial approach: "We seek out scoops, scandals and stories about secret worlds; we love confronting bullies, bigots and hypocrites".

Fake news. Reads like left bias tabloid bullchit to me.

Nice try.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2017 at 10:40 PM

Op can't go to Baja anymore so he sh#ts on it day in and day out from his keyboard in Kansas. What a life....

[Edited on 6-12-2017 by JZ]
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2017 at 11:20 PM

Jizzy is a fool...I didn't write it.

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2017 at 11:23 PM

Jizzy is a fool...I didn't write it.

You couldn't post it fast enough. You are a strange jealous, bitter, man.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 6-12-2017 at 02:44 AM

What a joke Chuckie, says," Making Mexico the 2nd most dangerous place in the world."

Are you scared yet? Did Chuckie, scare anybody yet?

Even in the article that Chuckie, didn't actually link, Bajabuddha, provided the actual link.

In the article, there is a link that calls into question the sensationalized headline about Mexico being the ' second-deadliest ‘conflict zone."

Is Mexico the second-deadliest ‘conflict zone’ in the world? Probably not.

This month, headlines have been screaming that “Mexico was second-deadliest country in 2016″ and “Mexico Now World’s Deadliest Conflict Zone After Syria: Survey,” based on a report recently released by the International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS). Even President Trump retweeted the story. The reports say that Syria had about 50,000 conflict deaths last year and that Mexico came in second with 23,000, followed by Afghanistan with 17,000.

But how accurate is the news that Mexico is the world’s second-deadliest country or conflict zone? Here are four questions whose answers suggest it’s not.

read the rest here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/05/1...

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2017 at 03:48 AM

I continue to be amazed at the lengths to which people will go to avoid reality. The reality is , The article exists..it exists.Is it true? I dont know, I never said it was, I never said it wasn't. I said it exists and people should read it. I think most people are able to make up their own minds. Others would have you believe that THEY can tell you what to believe....You pick.

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2017 at 07:32 AM

sounds about right. How can you people be in denial?

“Poverty, impunity, corruption, lack of education and human rights”: drug war correspondent Gallardo runs down the list of reasons the cartels now have Mexico on the ropes. “As a country, we’re now paying the price for forgetting communities in the middle of nowhere.”
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2017 at 08:06 AM
Saying Mex is second to Syria is pure BS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/05/1...

[Edited on 6-12-2017 by SFandH]
gsbotanico
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2017 at 08:38 AM

The article does says:

[Mexico] "is now home to the second deadliest conflict zone in the world after Syria, according to a recent survey. Although there is some debate about the metrics used in that study...."

I would agree that the metrics used are deceptive. In Syria and Afghanistan there are indiscriminate wars going on with random violence all over the place. In Mexico the violence is more localized with the states of Sinaloa, Michoacán, and Guerrero the hot spots. The "tierra caliente" mentioned in the article is the warmer tropiical areas of these states. In many parts of Mexico normal life goes on. This is not true in Syria and Afghanistan.

There is no question the death toll is rising. The article states that much of the violence is "internecine conflicts" or related to journalists. Innocents are the collateral damage. The article is sensationalized. The same information could have been presented in a more evenhanded way.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 6-12-2017 at 09:59 AM

I continue to be amazed at the lengths to which people will go to avoid reality. The reality is , The article exists..it exists.Is it true? I dont know, I never said it was, I never said it wasn't. I said it exists and people should read it. I think most people are able to make up their own minds. Others would have you believe that THEY can tell you what to believe....You pick.

Hey Chuckie, Mexico is not a war zone.

Actually, the article wasn't bad and seemed pretty accurate the way it described the dynamics of the Mexican cartels.

The problem I had is you selected the most sensationalized lines from the article, and then you didn't link the article, so we could read it for ourselves where the article also provided a counter arguments about Mexico being the second-deadliest ‘country in the world.

That's called fear mongering.

I would also caution in using raw numbers like homicides per 100,000 per country, and then assigning a danger levels to certain cites. For example, Chicago had about 27 homicides per 100,000, and LA had about 7 per 100,000.

You can't then claim that Chicago is four times more dangerous than LA. If you did, you would be engaging in fear mongering. Even the FBI, has warned against using raw numbers/percentages like some article writers do.

Boulder bob222
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2017 at 10:15 AM

Fear mongering from the infamous TJ monger.:P

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.