Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Just returned from the Cortez
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 6-16-2017 at 12:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

I just was asking Ged why natural change was okay before, but not now? That some of you think for the first time in 4 billion years the change is not natural is a bit odd, I think.

David,
That is false...you were not asking me a question....you were saying that the thinking YOU assumed was /is my thinking is silly.

Are you saying that man, as an element of nature, can spoil the planet and that such behaviour is "natural" ?

I don't expect that your views will change .... your inflexibility in thinking makes such change unlikely. Your logic seems impaired.

Don't believe everything you think....
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2017 at 01:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Funny... it really doesn't matter what I say because you will spin it to satisfy your idea of what you think that I think. Why does it matter to you what I think, anyway?

I just was asking Ged why natural change was okay before, but not now? That some of you think for the first time in 4 billion years the change is not natural is a bit odd, I think.

Odd only because you do not believe that the evolution, growth, and ACTION of the human species has a negative effect that can be changed.

There is no spinning this....you said "So many billions live in countries that are free to pollute while our two nations strive to be cleaner and cleaner even though we produce the majority of so many products and food for the world."

That can only be interpreted one way when it is from a "denier".

Ged, pls have a beer with him. He thinks that you will come around to his way of thinking...How many beers would it take?
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 6-16-2017 at 02:08 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now why would I want to have a beer with a guy who thinks like that?

Really......

:?:

But I appreciate your suggestion as a gesture that might be
fruitful :saint:

Don't believe everything you think....
Sonora Wind
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2017 at 02:20 PM
Sorry JZ

I still work, so for me it's hard to get south more than 4 or 5 times a year. What I said was I hadn't been to this area of the midriff in 10 years ( About 40+ Baja/mainland trips ago ). But you're so right, I was very much romancing the past. In the day running 50 to 100 miles a day in the sea felt very different than today. I would see very few people, but wildlife was everywhere. I didn't feel like I had a right to be there, but I respected the fact I was hunting and sharing life with the other apex hunters. Last week I felt alone, because they where not there. To be sure I caught limits every day out. I know secret spots only known to an old Seri chief and a few hundred surfers at the sisters. Fish I can find, My old friends I could not.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-16-2017 at 04:25 PM

DK? Quit while you are even...maybe...You just make yourself look more ignorant every time you get on this subject.....

dorado50
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2017 at 04:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
The planet's health is clearly in serious decline....denial of the facts don't make them false....

Where is "God" in this equation?

I think "wishing/hoping/praying" for change is less effective than actually doing something about it....person by person...we are ALL responsible.

That is cool that YOU are taking responsibility by not consuming seafood harvested from the SOC. One person at a time could make a difference. I however could not resist the large succulent lobster tails I bought off the street today. Does not the Earth heal itself?.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2017 at 05:04 PM

Where did he say he was doing that? I doubt anyone cares if you ate lobsters....No, I don't think the earth heals itself.

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2017 at 05:34 PM

Fire and Brimstone I think it the end:o

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-16-2017 at 06:06 PM

Red sky at night is a sailor's delight! :light:

Thanks Russ for a stunning photo!:bounce:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2017 at 06:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by dorado50  
Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
The planet's health is clearly in serious decline....denial of the facts don't make them false....

Where is "God" in this equation?

I think "wishing/hoping/praying" for change is less effective than actually doing something about it....person by person...we are ALL responsible.

That is cool that YOU are taking responsibility by not consuming seafood harvested from the SOC. One person at a time could make a difference. I however could not resist the large succulent lobster tails I bought off the street today. Does not the Earth heal itself?.

Buying out of season lobster is really not a way to help the ecology or the economy.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2017 at 06:34 PM

Out of season? Really? Since when?

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2017 at 07:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Out of season? Really? Since when?

http://baja.com/blog/coveted-crustaceans-bajas-shrimp-and-lo...
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2017 at 04:31 AM

Says Lobster is always available...encourages eating it WTF?

BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2017 at 04:39 AM

Usually the out of season lobster has been frozen...
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2017 at 06:34 AM

Really...Lived in Mulege over 30 years,never saw a frozen lobster, something new I guess...

weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 6-17-2017 at 07:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Really...Lived in Mulege over 30 years,never saw a frozen lobster, something new I guess...

I'm sorry to hear that you are blind. I do have some braille books my nephew has already read. I could drop them off.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2017 at 08:08 AM

es OK....

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 6-17-2017 at 11:43 AM

How do you allow yourself to be drawn into a debate with someone who believes the universe was created in six earth days.............and says there is no proof of global warming?
BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2017 at 04:24 PM

I didn't see much debating.

Sonora Wind, that is an interesting observation, of not seeing the other hunters out there.

Damming the Colorado river really damned the Sea of Cortez. It will never be undone enough to make a significant impact (although the recent flows they've released were a nice idea), but it is the one thing that could revive it. At this point I wonder if releasing a bunch of water into the delta wouldn't just pollute the crap out of the upper Cortez.

I stopped eating shrimp because of the by-catch losses. Getting the fishermen to use the less damaging rolling shrimp nets would be great too. People that want to fund efforts should try to work on that among other things. I'll keep dreaming.
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2017 at 04:56 PM

Have been going to the East Cape for over 25 yrs and witnessed the decline personally. The sea is being raped, it's that simple.

Making America Great Again
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.