Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Two days in my Life - come along for the journey
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2017 at 12:45 PM
Two days in my Life - come along for the journey

Yesterday afternoon, a neighbor brought bags of goodies my mom had gathered for my kids!! clothes and dishes and shampoos and even arts and crafts stuff. I do believe I have the best mom in the world. She goes out to garage sales every single weekend and hunts for great deals.

She has more suitcases for me if anyone is headed south.

Mom donation

Yesterday evening, Julian (college senior) stopped by for a visit. I asked what he needed and he took one of the binders mom sent, some of the pens I already had, some loose leaf paper, laundry soap and bath soap.

He is on his way to La Paz to work over the summer - I may have found him an internship with our business accountant!

Julian

Today, Saturday, Les and I went to the CabaƱas for breakfast to make sure the huevos rancheros were still great. They have got this meal down! Black beans cooked to perfection, soft tortilla with the egg just so and the homemade salsa on top. Sorry, too busy eating to take a photo.

From there I went to meet two students who said they would come cleaning up town with me. We met in the boondocks because I had noticed that it was quite trashy when I dropped of Riquelmer after the dentist the other day.

Trash in bush BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

Group

And now I can officially tell you that I am really exhausted! Just had lunch and after digesting a little bit more, this old lady is going to go for a nap!

Happy Saturday All.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2017 at 01:20 PM

You make me want to be a better human being. Those kids are very lucky to have you in their community. Thank you. Can anyone say Santa Blanca? Saludos

[Edited on 6-17-2017 by chippy]
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2017 at 01:43 PM

Excellent Blanca. More people should do the same and our world would be better off.
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 6-17-2017 at 05:25 PM

The world needs more Blanca and Less's

[Edited on 6-18-2017 by MMc]

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

gueribo
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2017 at 05:44 PM

Beautiful.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-18-2017 at 06:09 AM

:biggrin:

Thanks all. I love when you all comment. I makes my day!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-18-2017 at 08:12 AM

Cheers!:bounce::cool::biggrin:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

CampfiresAndConcierges

[*] posted on 6-19-2017 at 07:53 PM

That is so wonderful!

I am bookmarking your site for when I visit in December...would love to help with cleanups like this! (Is your B&B pet-friendly?)

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2017 at 09:07 PM

We are indeed pet friendly. Check out the website for pics

Come and visit and I can certainly use help !

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.