Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: June 2017 Baja Bound Article: Bahía Asunción
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2017 at 08:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by norte  
Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
I'm with you Mick. I don't think Norte and DianaT read the full article just what they wanted to so they could bash David.

Geeze...the minnions have come out in defense. I only asked why no mention of nothing else in Asuncion. Shari answered the question. Good for her. Now the rest of you can go on sucking up to King dk

Nice... again, read the article... unless it was edited out, I did mention the others. Try to do something for Baja yourself instead of just the name calling because I corrected your error about the article.

EDIT:
Nope, it was not edited out, so maybe you need glasses? The other Asunción businesses here copied off THE ARTICLE...

Local eating establishments include: Loncheria Mari features fresh local seafood; Keykos Restaurant for meat dishes and Baja’s best piña colada; Tacos Don Ramon for great shrimp tacos on the weekends; Blady’s Palapa on the beach for seafood c-cktails and tostada; and La Casa de las Hamburguesas for Saul’s barbecued burgers.

In addition to La Bufadora Inn, there are also two motels, right in town. The Hotel Verduzco is on the main street. Hotel La Playa, is on the beach, next to Campo Sirena (campground), near town entrance.

[Edited on 6-23-2017 by David K]

I already wear glasses. Thank You. Don't worry your responses have cemented my opinion of your article, you, and any future articles.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 6-24-2017 at 01:53 AM

Thank you for posting your article. I have got to figure out how to get back to Bahia Asuncion.
I will most definately stay with Juan and Sheri if they have a room for me.
I love that little town even though I've only been a few times and 10 years ago.
But I always like to go to the other places in town and look around and explore. That's part of the fun. I find my own spots.
But if you go to BA you would be foolish to not visit the Blowhole.
You will want to live there.
I wish I could afford Udos house. Or the 1 next to it. Both so cool.
I think best fishing is sept-dec so I better start planning...

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 6-24-2017 at 07:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  

But if you go to BA you would be foolish to not visit the Blowhole.
You will want to live there.
I wish I could afford Udos house. Or the 1 next to it. Both so cool.
I think best fishing is sept-dec so I better start planning...

I laughed when I read this Fishbuck as that is EXACTLY what happened to me the first time I visited Asuncion...our first stop was the blowhole and I clearly remember getting out of the truck....GOBSMACKED at the magnitude of beauty before my eyes1!! I felt rooted to that spot and my mind raced trying to figure out how I could live there....and a couple years later my wish came true!!! That is the abbreviated story...the long version is pretty funny how Juan & I courted...best told over a margarita on the patio!

Just to let ya know, there is a new house on the market....a little fixer upper but totally liveable now half a block from those two houses mentioned and the price dropped to $12,000!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 6-24-2017 at 08:05 AM

Nice article, DK. Thanks for posting.

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 6-24-2017 at 08:09 AM

Personally I really liked the article. And

can't wait to get down there to visit and fish or fish and visit with beer all mixed up in it.
Thanks David for a fine article
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 6-24-2017 at 08:12 AM

Ascuncion is a treasure, and Shari is a jewel! No better place to stay for a while than with Shari and Juan...If I were to go back to Baja to stay, it would be in Ascuncion. I had a place in Mulege for 34 years...But Mulege has moved on....VIVA ASCUNCION.....

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-24-2017 at 08:54 AM

Muchas Gracias! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Let's go.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2017 at 03:54 PM

As someone who has never been to either La Bufadora or Bahia Asuncion, the article was very useful to me. It tells me that should my travels bring me to BA, I would be doing myself a favor by visiting Shari and Juan. I don't see this as a subversive or nefarious act, but rather a helpful suggestion. Isn't that what this forum is supposed to be about?

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
BajaDanD
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2017 at 07:04 PM

I have been to Asuncion many many times
The town is full of really nice people but as far as fishing and places to stay Shari and Juan provid the best by far
Diana T has had a beef with Shari as long as i can remember
Just like some people have had one with David K

We will be there again in October
Gscott
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2017 at 08:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  
David, it is just sad that you know so little about that town and write as if you do know. Sad that you have never expanded your narrow propaganda.

What I think is sad is how many people here grumble and complain about everything, trying to tear everything down instead of build something up.

If you want to write your own trip report, please do so! In the mean time, if you can't say something nice, say nothing at all.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 8-5-2017 at 09:11 PM

"Peace, love, and fish tacos" a wise man once told me...

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2017 at 09:13 PM

That speaks volumes Gscott... and welcome to Nomad. It is this anti-free speak and trash any post that helps Mexican tourism here stuff that keeps many from bothering to post on Nomad anymore or at all.
Please post your trip reports here and don't allow people like her keep you from sharing.
Travel writers usually don't live at or spend gobs of time at places they write about, do they? How can they be travel article writers if they don't travel?
I am traveling all of 2 weeks this month and will write about it when I get home.
Posting from La Paz tonight.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 05:28 AM

Great article. Shari and Juan are great hosts love sharing this piece of Baja that is still small enough to be considered an off the beaten path destination.

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 05:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by acadist  
Great article. Shari and Juan are great hosts love sharing this piece of Baja that is still small enough to be considered an off the beaten path destination.

And by the way....... yes I am biased! I am writing this while waking up in the whale room at the inn, trying to decide if I should throw a croc out for a daybreak halibut or take a walk or just sit and watch La Bufadora!

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 07:05 AM

Halibut would be lovely for breakfast Dave...or a crab omelette...get those kids on those crabs on the rocks!

[Edited on 8-6-2017 by shari]

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
gueribo
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 09:50 AM

Shari's is well worth the drive out. Great hosts and beautiful rooms. Historic and natural discoveries all around.
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 09:52 AM

Nice article David! Asuncion is a cool place, Shari and Juan are great. Lots of nice camping outside of town too, it gets out in the wide open fairly fast.
snooking

[*] posted on 11-6-2017 at 10:35 AM

Thanks for the article David I have been wondering about the logistics of visiting BA n the info u provided makes me think traveling on from San Quintin would definitely be worth a few days to explore keep up the good work n if I get there I'll be in touch n thank u again.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2017 at 05:34 PM

Glad you like it! Most of my Baja Bound articles are consisting of off-road driving or historical in nature, so this one was a little different.
Here are the others, ENJOY!: https://www.bajabound.com/bajaadventures/bajatravel/

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 11-6-2017 at 05:40 PM

BA was my original retirement municipality, and bought the house there for that reason...until I got deathly sick and needed to live closer to the US border.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.