Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Don Jorge and strawberries and arch. tables
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 03:56 PM
Don Jorge and strawberries and arch. tables

Here is my 100th attempt at resizing photos on different sites to see if they work.

We are in California and stopped by to meet Don Jorge, who had written to say he had a table for our newest architectural freshman in La Paz. He said it was a BEAST and he was not kidding. Such a gorgeous table and I am humbled by his generosity. I haven't told student Ramiro yet, it needs to get down to San Diego from San Juan Capistrano as we will have a pickup truck full of solar power batteries. Anyone have some time this weekend?

001a.jpg - 141kB

005a.jpg - 109kB

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 04:08 PM
strawberries!

That post looks good! Now to see how to add photos here....

Jorge hooked us up with some strawberries that were really sweet. Strawberry fields forever!

# full baskets
down to one
the evidence

003a.jpg - 110kB 008a.jpg - 92kB 009a.jpg - 88kB

010a.jpg - 127kB

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 04:10 PM

Can't help with the hauling but,

the photo size is OK with me, no left/right panning needed, but I have a suspicion they might be too wide for.......................others.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 04:14 PM

It is perfectly sized Blanca! No scrolling for 15" monitors needed.
Thanks for the picks. Don Jorge looks great... All his hiking near Mission Santa MarĂ­a, a magic place, shows!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 04:34 PM

Let me tell you folks that finding the right resizer has been a massive headache and right now I hate photobucket with a passion.

The one that you, SF and H, put up is the one I ended up using. It isn't perfect since I have to resave to my own computer but I'll take it! Thanks so much for the link.

Come visit La Bocana

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 04:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

DK, much more important than the size of the monitor is the screen resolution in pixels.

Blanca's pictures display fine on my 10" monitor too.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 05:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

DK, much more important than the size of the monitor is the screen resolution in pixels.

I am one of the people whining on another thread about having to scroll or squint to read the text. This works out great for me!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 05:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  

If you click on Inspect Image, you will see Blanca did well, not exceeding 800 pixels:

img[Attributes Style] {
width: 800px;
height: 598px;

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 07:09 PM

I will be able to bring it down in Sept. if you hve not found anybody else.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 07:30 PM

Leaves a 2 inch margin on each side of the picture on my 11 inch monitor. Isn't it nice when you do not have to resize at all, Blanca?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 08:11 PM

Ralph! I always have to resize and it took me so long to figure out how to do photobucket since I did not realize it was my own laptop that was not allowing the resize. I don't even like to think back to those times.

I have used photobucket for so many years now and got spoiled. One shouldn't complain about a freebee, I suppose. But I am very sad because imgur did not work easily for me. I spent days trying to find a program that would work. The pic resize by SF and H is it.

MMc, I will double check that Don Jorge can store the table til September -very kind offer! I have been shopping for the kids xmas stuff - shoes and shorts and t-shirts and fans and dishes and MORE. We are talking probably 6 suitcases of stuff for them. There are 25 kids to provide for....and of course, Les is buying 16 batteries for our solar system in La Bocana which is kaput. Very kaput. Plus we are taking back some of our favorite foods.

You know those second hand trucks the sellers take down south with stuff to sell? We aren't going to sell but we sure look exactly like them!

Come visit La Bocana

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 08:17 PM

Yes I know, Blanca. That is why I only post pictures in facebook or other like sites any more. I quit using hosting sites and do direct uploads. so much easier.
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 7-7-2017 at 08:40 PM

I will do what i can. My camp is a very nice place to stay, and requires fair amount of space in my truck, I am sure me can work thing out.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.