BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Trump and His Baja Resort Fiasco – ‘Just a Giant Hole in the Ground’
GypsyJan
Nomad

Mood: "If a dog will not come to you after looking you in the face, examine your conscience." Woodrow W

[*] posted on 7-10-2017 at 06:20 PM
Trump and His Baja Resort Fiasco – ‘Just a Giant Hole in the Ground’

http://obrag.org/?p=137570
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 7-10-2017 at 06:44 PM

BUYER BEWARE !!!!!

This is yet one of thousands of examples of " it's cheaper to rent "

Truth be told EVERYTHING in life is only rented ......
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2017 at 06:54 PM

And now he´s your president. :barf:
measomsan
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2017 at 07:14 PM

Good Lord, I say I say Good Lord....never been involved in investments like this? my guess. When he put his name on it, that they wanted really badly it was risky. So he had a way out. And used it. After eight years in Baja don't even think I am new. So If ya hate this guy fine. But what happened with that investment you have not a clue..

So if Trump Triggers you so be it.:cool:
KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2017 at 08:26 PM

I heard the contractors couldn't even get close to meeting a timeline and the quality of construction was so sub par and all on top of a faltering economy he pulled

No , that just couldn't be true for Mexico could it?

So go ahead and make it a personal fault of his as to why it's a hole in the ground

Sounds like good business decision to me but WTH do I know?

Jerks

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-10-2017 at 08:42 PM

When you put your name on the development, it is yours, regardless of whether you directly managed the project. You don't want to own the mistake, then don't be the name and face of the project!
Typical trump: Blame others for your own mistakes. He obviously is not very good at picking staff or business partners,... just look at the bozos he hired in the WH, and look at the fact that good people will no longer even interview for all the open positions in his admin.
Sad!
dorado50
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-10-2017 at 08:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
When you put your name on the development, it is yours, regardless of whether you directly managed the project. You don't want to own the mistake, then don't be the name and face of the project!
Typical trump: Blame others for your own mistakes. He obviously is not very good at picking staff or business partners,... just look at the bozos he hired in the WH, and look at the fact that good people will no longer even interview for all the open positions in his admin.
Sad!

Sad...yes your statement is very SAD.:lol:
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 7-10-2017 at 10:29 PM

A fool and his money are soon parted.............apparently the "investors" did not do their due diligence
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-11-2017 at 04:51 AM

Whats worse the hole in the ground or the environmental disaster that runs 24/365 to the sea right next door? You know, the sewage river....

bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2017 at 07:06 AM

maybe the russians just didn't have confidence in this development ?
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2017 at 08:31 AM

Grosfeld took over the defunct Cabo Riviera Marina/Golf Club, etc. 800 acres right here in La Ribera, got all the permits and is aggressively building it out beginning with a LICENSE for the brand Four Seasons of Canada

The first bungalow residences, one unit, single or double floor are for sale for 10 to 15 million DOLLARS EACH.
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2017 at 11:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by KaceyJ  
I heard the contractors couldn't even get close to meeting a timeline and the quality of construction was so sub par and all on top of a faltering economy he pulled

So go ahead and make it a personal fault of his as to why it's a hole in the ground

Jerks

Winner!

Making America Great Again
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2017 at 11:37 AM

Who cares. Billionaire Trump screws millionaire buyers because they are too stupid to check things out before buying.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2017 at 12:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by KaceyJ  

Jerks

sub par construction???with the exception of some excavation no building ever took place, except for the beautiful sales office thats still there.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2017 at 12:51 PM

I think it was the drug war followed by the recession that killed sales. It probably would have been built if they pre-sold enough condos.

STUPID location though. Right next to the city's sewage no-treatment plant's outfall into the ocean.

[Edited on 7-11-2017 by SFandH]
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 7-12-2017 at 04:34 AM

Trump's damaging business practices are the reason I hate him so much. He has no ethics and is a scumbag as far as I'm concerned. Smaller developers, contractors, and sub-contractors go belly up because he refuses to honor contracts. Disgusting excuse of a man.
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2017 at 06:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Osprey  
Grosfeld took over the defunct Cabo Riviera Marina/Golf Club, etc. 800 acres right here in La Ribera, got all the permits and is aggressively building it out beginning with a LICENSE for the brand Four Seasons of Canada

The first bungalow residences, one unit, single or double floor are for sale for 10 to 15 million DOLLARS EACH.

Looks like the same company of the failed La Riviera is the new vehicle for the 4 Seasons.
Four Seasons Resort and Private Residences Los Cabos at Costa Palmas™ are not owned, developed or sold by Four Seasons Hotels Limited or its affiliates (Four Seasons). The developer, Desarrolladora La Ribera, S. de R.L. de C.V., uses the Four Seasons trademarks and tradenames under a license from Four Seasons Hotels Limited. The marks “FOUR SEASONS,” “FOUR SEASONS HOTELS AND RESORTS,” any combination thereof and the Tree Design are registered trademarks of Four Seasons Hotels Limited in Canada and U.S.A. and of Four Seasons Hotels (Barbados) Ltd. elsewhere.
http://www.eastcapeinbaja.com/La_Ribera/Homes/La_Ribera/Baja...

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice...?

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-12-2017 at 06:51 AM

TRW? If they are millionaires, I doubt they are "stupid"

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 7-12-2017 at 01:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
TRW? If they are millionaires, I doubt they are "stupid"

Right---certainly not stupid. But gaining success in one field does not assure success in another field. They did not do their homework, and are paying for it now---millionaire or no.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 7-12-2017 at 01:30 PM

The list of sports figures, movie and music stars, and generations of trust fund millionaires that have been picked clean would indicate that stupid people can be wealthy!......At least for a while.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.