BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Trump and His Baja Resort Fiasco – ‘Just a Giant Hole in the Ground’
lencho
Junior Nomad

Mood: Somnoliento

[*] posted on 7-12-2017 at 01:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by yellowklr  
GO TRUMP! Put America first

sin_bozal.jpg - 119kB

"I can normally tell how intelligent a man is, by how stupid he thinks I am."

"...they were careful of their demeanor that they not be thought to have opinions on what they heard for like most men skilled at their work they were scornful of any least suggestion of knowing anything not learned at first hand."
            Cormac McCarthy, All the Pretty Horses

"Be kind, be patient, help others." -- Isabel Allende

"My gas stove identifies as electric." Anonymous

grizzlyfsh95
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2017 at 02:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
Trump's damaging business practices are the reason I hate him so much. He has no ethics and is a scumbag as far as I'm concerned. Smaller developers, contractors, and sub-contractors go belly up because he refuses to honor contracts. Disgusting excuse of a man.

I am so sorry that your development company was put out of business because you could not compete in the business world. Your relationship with Mr Trump must have been very disappointing for you to have this grudge so long. Perhaps the hundreds of projects that he has done, and the thousands of people he has employed are all wrong. Maybe you should vote democrat. Maybe vote for Bernie (He gives everything for free). Better yet, do your developments where everybody wins, like N Korea or China.

The harder I work, the luckier I get
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2017 at 02:48 PM

All of the investors were reimbursed to their satisfaction...plus.
Do some homework before ya'll jack yourselves off and into a frenzy.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2017 at 02:56 PM

Here. I'll do it for you. If you want more, find it yourself.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-mo-donald-trump-settle...

[Edited on 7-12-2017 by DENNIS]

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-12-2017 at 03:00 PM

Geezo , Dennis...no need to get owly...

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2017 at 03:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

All of the investors were reimbursed to their satisfaction...plus.

Yes but not until the investors filed a lawsuit for fraud and the developers decided it was wiser to settle out of court instead of fighting the fraud claim.

Similar charges of fraud existed with Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale projects, and Trump University.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-mo-donald-trump-settle...

[Edited on 7-12-2017 by SFandH]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2017 at 03:57 PM

I guess it's my time to bow out of BajaNomad. It has morphed beyond recognition, to a childish, hateful facebook page with little reference remaining to Doug's original intent....a site for Baja information.
I've had a good run here.....met a bunch of decent, respectable Baja folks, and learned a lot. Hopefully my submissions have added to other's experiences as well.
Truthfully...I don't know why Doug continues to host this new regime who have very little to add to anyone's Baja experience.

David K...bless his bullet-proof heart has continued to give assistance, in spite of having been sniped at, ambushed, and pretty much disrespected here for more years than I can recall. Someday....he'll see the light and clear himself out of the swamp that Nomad has become. Nothing like it used to be, and I'm done with it all.

I make this statement, that some of you will rant as grand-standing, but that's wrong. I do this to thank Doug Means for his patience here with my past, and to wish him, and his, the best of all future endeavors... You, Doug, deserve all of it.
Say hi to Ryland and Michelle. It's a small world and we'll see each other again.

Now...the rest of you losers can go back to throwing your feces at one another like a bunch of useless monkeys.

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2017 at 04:36 PM

Well said Dennis.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-12-2017 at 04:54 PM

Thank you Dennis, but please don't let 'them' win.

I get many private messages thanking me for hanging in here. There are so many hundreds who enjoy this site, but they are either not posting or not even registered, pure lurkers. It is for them and the few 'good' Nomads who want this to remain a place to exchange travel details, Baja photos, history, and maybe a little friendship.

The occasional political stuff would not be bad if the other side could allow a little 'equal time' for us to counter their 'wacky' views and ideas (lol)!

Sadly, free exchange of ideas (free speech) is not something they have a concept of. It's got to be their way or the highway, and they will destroy a thread to tarnish any attempt to have another point-of-view posted with name calling and personal attacks.

That being the case, Doug really needs moderating help and all political discussion erased... all.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2017 at 06:27 PM

Jeez guys, I feel responsible for DENNIS's last post. Prior to my post he made one saying:

"All of the investors were reimbursed to their satisfaction...plus.
Do some homework before ya'll jack yourselves off and into a frenzy."

He then made another post with a link to LA Times article. I read that and another (doing my homework as directed) and simply posted what the second article said, with a link.

No name calling, no personal attacks, no disparaging remarks at all about anything.

Did I cause all this vitriol?

"childish, hateful" - DENNIS
"the rest of you losers .... like a bunch of useless monkeys" DENNIS
"their 'wacky' views and ideas (lol)" DK
"(free speech) is not something they have a concept of" DK

Who is doing the name calling and being insulting? Not me.

[Edited on 7-13-2017 by SFandH]
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2017 at 06:58 PM

"Now...the rest of you losers can go back to throwing your feces at one another like a bunch of useless monkeys."

hey dennis don't let the screen door hit you on the azz on the way out.....any chance taking DK with you?:coolup:
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2017 at 07:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Thank you Dennis, but please don't let 'them' win.

I get many private messages thanking me for hanging in here. There are so many hundreds who enjoy this site, but they are either not posting or not even registered, pure lurkers. It is for them and the few 'good' Nomads who want this to remain a place to exchange travel details, Baja photos, history, and maybe a little friendship.

The occasional political stuff would not be bad if the other side could allow a little 'equal time' for us to counter their 'wacky' views and ideas (lol)!

Sadly, free exchange of ideas (free speech) is not something they have a concept of. It's got to be their way or the highway, and they will destroy a thread to tarnish any attempt to have another point-of-view posted with name calling and personal attacks.

That being the case, Doug really needs moderating help and all political discussion erased... all.

nothing....just want to save this!:rolleyes:
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 7-13-2017 at 06:43 AM

Grizzlyfish, the company my husband works for was too smart to deal with Trump - it is just the observations of the construction/development industry that Trump has damaging business practices. Trump hurts more people than he helps - if that was not the case he would not have failed and filed for bankruptcy so many times (and of course turned to the Russians for financing - lol they OWN him!!). He is a disgrace to our country, I am so sorry for you that you see him as anything but the misogynist racist idiotic failure at everything (including marriage) he is.
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 7-13-2017 at 07:14 AM

Grizzlyfish, the company my husband works for was too smart to deal with Trump - it is just the observations of the construction/development industry that Trump has damaging business practices. Trump hurts more people than he helps - if that was not the case he would not have failed and filed for bankruptcy so many times (and of course turned to the Russians for financing - lol they OWN him!!). He is a disgrace to our country, I am so sorry for you that you see him as anything but the misogynist racist idiotic failure at everything (including marriage) he is.

-----and some wonder why Dennis is disgusted??? This is an example of why! Such vitriol, mostly based on skewed information by people that apparently have no idea what really is going on, has gone on before, and that hate other's that have a different opinion. I have considered leaving the board myself, but find that the few that do provide valuable and interesting information on Baja California are worth staying to listen too. I mostly just pass over the hate.

Barry
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-13-2017 at 08:41 AM
Those considering DEPARTURE should be COMFORTED.........

......................In KNOWING that they won't be missed for long.

IF at all.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2017 at 09:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

-----and some wonder why Dennis is disgusted??? This is an example of why! Such vitriol, mostly based on skewed information by people that apparently have no idea what really is going on, has gone on before, and that hate other's that have a different opinion. I have considered leaving the board myself, but find that the few that do provide valuable and interesting information on Baja California are worth staying to listen too. I mostly just pass over the hate.

Barry

Barry, she just expressed her opinion of Donald Trump. She did not insult any Bajanomad. Nor did she insult people who maintain any particular political stance.

All presidents have their detractors. Clinton, Bush, Obama all got blasted daily by their opposition.

[Edited on 7-13-2017 by SFandH]
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2017 at 10:40 AM

In the classic cowboy novel; the Lonesome Dove, the whole town comes unglued when the main characters go on the cattle drive and LEAVE.

175 years later, we have the internet:bounce:

Es Todo Bueno
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2017 at 11:04 AM

A sign f intelligence is being able to consider alternative views from your own. Being calm and thoughtful, patient, doing your research, understanding your own bias, being aware of trends in mass communication and programming and being kind to others regardless of your point or their point of view.

Here on Baja Nomads there exist a quintessential example of ignorance, groupthink, arrogance, and in general rude behavior.

It has been this way for a very long time.

Many have wondered why?

Could it be that that the average age is quite high, likely average posters age is in their 70's. Seniors are often stuck in their mindset, suffer from deterioration of brain power, and perhaps poor nutrition?

What is the point of hosting a hot bed of ignorant, arrogant, rude, low IQ, insulting, biased, unintelligent idiots? Perhaps there are a few kind souls trying to help, like Dennis?

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-13-2017 at 11:10 AM

Velly profound, Grasshopper...:o

KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 7-13-2017 at 11:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

Could it be that that the average age is quite high, likely average posters age is in their 70's. Seniors are often stuck in their mindset, suffer from deterioration of brain power, and perhaps poor nutrition?

Goodness, that's some serious stereotyping there! In my 73 years I have not found either ignorance or open mindedness to be age related. There may be, however, some slight increase in general grumpiness but that would not apply to me no matter what my kids say.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.