BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Trump and His Baja Resort Fiasco – ‘Just a Giant Hole in the Ground’
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-13-2017 at 11:56 AM

Dennis is cool. I can say I've met him and roughly 40 others here and all of them are pretty solid humans. If I haven't gotten around to the rest of ya's chances are it ain't gonna happen. Ignorance not withstanding!😝

Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 7-13-2017 at 12:12 PM

What's happening on Nomads is indicative of what's happening across the US: ideological divisiveness that is not particularly based on rational thinking, IMHO. We are dividing ourselves based on one or another panacea--the other side is completely wrong! Some of our best years were post WWII when both sides almost became indistinct. For example Eisenhower was courted by both parties to be their candidate--imagine that happening today! The moderate majority is silent.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-13-2017 at 06:37 PM
It's ALL Good (mostly) Clean FUN !

Isn't it ?

Realistically, there's not a single person here on either side that can have ANY significant effect on the national political scene.

And, it's unlikely that even the most belligerent among the vitriolic Keyboard Kommandos will emerge from the safety of their devices to present a physical danger, SO ............................

Just accept that the only thing such social media is useful for is recreation.

HAVE FUN at no cost.

Admit that irritating those of opposing viewpoints IS Fun.

Doing so "in person" (as I do daily) is the most rewarding, but the Internet is a decent second. Offering convenient and FREE access at any time.

ANY Trump post is (despite ANY disclaimers the poster might make) intended as a Troll for political disharmony.

There should be NO surprise when it is successful in that regard.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 7-14-2017 at 08:08 AM

Too close to call...

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 7-14-2017 at 08:58 AM

Timestamp issue resolved.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 7-14-2017 at 10:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
............... Holds that gratuitous opinions offered by others possessing no influence are worth only the value placed on them by the recipient.

Given that NONE here have ANY ability to affect the lives of other participants .....................

The first step in recovery from "Self-Importance Scheisse Syndrome" is to accept that such opinions have NO value other than your own satisfaction.

And RECREATION.

-----except that no response tends to indicate agreement with, whatever---------and that ain't realistic or accurate. And, "entertainment" is not MY motive. These exchanges cause me more heart-burn than entertainment, but it's worth it for now (to me, anyway) or I would not do it

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 7-14-2017 at 01:43 PM
A Theory of Relativity ..................

............... Holds that gratuitous opinions offered by others possessing no influence are worth only the value placed on them by the recipient.

Given that NONE here have ANY ability to affect the lives of other participants .....................

The first step in recovery from "Self-Importance Scheisse Syndrome" is to accept that such opinions have NO value other than your own satisfaction.

And RECREATION.

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 7-14-2017 at 06:20 PM

What me worry ?

I voted for Tacos .............

and I won. !!!!!!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2017 at 09:32 PM

I don't know if it is because of Trump or not but my IRA is doing better this year than ever before and I have a relative conservative portfolio. I may disagree with him on some issues but the stocks are thru the roof.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2017 at 09:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
I don't know if it is because of Trump or not but my IRA is doing better this year than ever before and I have a relative conservative portfolio. I may disagree with him on some issues but the stocks are thru the roof.

tie this into general baja discussion?
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2017 at 06:53 AM

I think the election of any Republican president would have goosed the stock market for a while. But eventually, values will take precedence again. It's frothy now, a good time to take some profits to spend or re-invest at the next downturn, which is coming ......sometime.

Buy low, sell high. It's high now.

[Edited on 7-15-2017 by SFandH]
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 7-15-2017 at 08:10 AM

You notice how the Trump crowd seems to ignore 8 years of Obama's stock market gains, from the near deep depression that Bush put up all in.

Oh but Trump, has a great 8 months including the two months after he was elected in Nov, but wasn't actually President till Jan, 20.

The stock market is many times about the predicted future than just fundamentals of how well a company is going. The stock market is reacting to a republican President, who puts corporations first above the people. Trump, has promised corporate tax cuts of 15% which the stock market really loves.

However, before the tax cuts, Trump, has to do a reverse Robin Hood, and take from the middle class, and the poor. The best way to do is with Heath care, where millions middle class and poor people, will lose their health insurance because of the huge transfer of wealth from the poor to the super rich. The middle class and the poor between the ages of 50 and 64 will be hit hard, and many will die without health insurance.

The American people, aren't that dumb, and see what's going on, and I doubt the GOP is going to be able to repeal Obamacare, and leave almost nothing in it's place.

So it's also unlikely that Bush will also get his corporate tax cuts. When the stock market, or people who run the large pension funds, figure out that they have been duped too, the stock market, is sure to crash. On top of this the Fed has been moving to raise interest rates, and is hinting at another interest raise hike in the near future.

The probability that the stock market will take a nose dive within the end of the year, is a good bet, however it could take longer. So I'm not going to panic yet, but I'm watching my retirement and stock holdings very closely while also enjoying the ride of the stock market gains.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Closed
7-15-2017 at 10:54 AM
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.