BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: SELLER MOTIVATED! (Bahia Asunción) Now Make me an offer I can't refuse! (USD)
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2018 at 11:51 AM

so when fishy is done playing make pretend,

Udo, i plan on being in Asuncion between X-mas & New Years, staying at Sheris place.

I would be interested in taking a look if its still available, and that can be arranged?

i suspect my original impression - "too far away" will be confirmed, but thats why we are headed there - to give it a look and see if we like it, and would want to live there 6 months out of the year.

if we are comfortable with the location, I would be very interested.

Obviously i don't expect or want you to hold the place or make you think I am champing at the bit to buy your place, but if things worked out on the visit - You would appear to be an excellent option!
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 11-8-2018 at 12:09 PM

If it is still available.
Since I put several ads on fishing forums, I was inundated with phone calls yesterday, and early this morning.

Shari has a set of keys to both the house and the garage. My wife and I were planning on staying at the house over New Year's, but if I get a deposit on the house, we'll just come down to get our personal things since this was going to be our retirement home a few years ago (before my major illness).

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  

Udo, i plan on being in Asuncion between X-mas & New Years, staying at Sheris place.

I would be interested in taking a look if its still available, and that can be arranged?

i suspect my original impression - "too far away" will be confirmed, but thats why we are headed there - to give it a look and see if we like it, and would want to live there 6 months out of the year.

Obviously i don't expect or want you to hold the place or make you think I am champing at the bit to buy your place, but if things worked out on the visit - You would appear to be an excellent option!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2018 at 12:41 PM

I recommend you talk to people that have a place in Asuncion. I love the place and have been there for 10 years. But Asuncion is not for everyone. Udo's place if nice and has million dollar views.

The town has gotten a lot "closer" since we bought. We'll be in town at the same time. Hopefully our paths will cross.

Good luck to all involved. Udo hope your place sells soon!

Zac

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2018 at 06:41 PM

Excellent Udo, glad you are getting some "action" on it. Good luck

Zac, thats the reason we are going - we are spending alot of time staying at various places all over baja, looking for the best fit. we start with a week or so, if we like it, we plan another longer stay - a month or 2. Thats our plan. I'll keep an eye out for you. If you see a bunch of young teenagers roaming around in a pack, they probably will belong to me (nieces and nephews)
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-12-2018 at 07:53 PM

We did the same thing before we settled on Bahia Asunciôn. Before that we even went so as to purchase a 45' bus which ended up being a big mistake!

Excellent Udo, glad you are getting some "action" on it. Good luck

Zac, thats the reason we are going - we are spending alot of time staying at various places all over baja, looking for the best fit. we start with a week or so, if we like it, we plan another longer stay - a month or 2. Thats our plan. I'll keep an eye out for you. If you see a bunch of young teenagers roaming around in a pack, they probably will belong to me (nieces and nephews)

Udo

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2019 at 09:57 AM

Udo,
Did that sale ever work out?
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2019 at 10:54 AM

Not yet, CAJ.

Udo

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2019 at 07:11 PM

I did not get the chance to check out the place when I was down there over new years, my father in law passed away suddenly,
so we had to leave after 2 days. if its still available come fall,
I have to go to La Bocana to pick up some gear, i might as well swing through BA, and have a look.

But I'm hoping for your sake, its sold by then, Hope it works out for you, good luck on it!

[Edited on 4-25-2019 by caj13]
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 4-24-2019 at 09:10 PM

FYI- when I try to visit the website here: http://tinyurl.com/CasaWinkler

a message pops up saying that it's no longer available.

Do you have another page for people to view?

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 5-2-2019 at 08:43 PM

I think it's that site not the house.
I believe Udo would post it's sale here.
Udo ?
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-3-2019 at 05:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Whale-ista  

Udo's link was to a Google+ website, and Google discontinued the service last month. Hopefully Udo has an alternative site, or that he at least still has the original content.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2019 at 05:33 PM

I have tried to get on alternative sites with no luck!

I will send a bunch of photos to anyone interested in the house. My e-mail is udowinkler@yahoo.com
Please send me a request and I'll send you about 10 photos at a time, that is all that my e-mail will allow me to send at a time.

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  
Quote: Originally posted by Whale-ista  

Udo's link was to a Google+ website, and Google discontinued the service last month. Hopefully Udo has an alternative site, or that he at least still has the original content.

Udo

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-4-2019 at 05:54 PM

Udo, I can help you with the photos...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

awfulart
Nomad

Mood: Wondering what our Nit-Wit elected officials are doing now?

[*] posted on 5-23-2019 at 12:07 PM

was this sold? have not been to Shari's place for many years but yearning to return. Time does fly

Art awfulart2@gmail.com
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2019 at 09:14 AM

Still for sale? Will be down that way in March and might take a look?
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2019 at 08:29 AM

What do you need to do to make this work, Fishbuck?

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
Thinking developing my San Quintin fishcamp can wait...
Calling Udo...
I think I can pull this off...
Lets talk sir please.

Udo

Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2019 at 08:32 AM

Thanks DK! Send me your e-mail and I'll send you the photos that are pertinent.

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Udo, I can help you with the photos...

Udo

Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2019 at 08:41 AM

Currently Shari is the only one with a key to get in the house. However, all the doors and the front gate are closed, locked and screwed together with 4" drywall screws. Plus the front door also has a sliding gate lock on the inside which can only be accessed from the inside.

Whoever wants to come by to see the house must bring an electric screwdriver with a phillips bit. Then you will have access to the back door.

Udo

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-14-2019 at 08:53 AM

Sounds like extreme security, are break ins common in BA?

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
Currently Shari is the only one with a key to get in the house. However, all the doors and the front gate are closed, locked and screwed together with 4" drywall screws. Plus the front door also has a sliding gate lock on the inside which can only be accessed from the inside.

Whoever wants to come by to see the house must bring an electric screwdriver with a phillips bit. Then you will have access to the back door.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-14-2019 at 08:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
What do you need to do to make this work, Fishbuck?

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
Thinking developing my San Quintin fishcamp can wait...
Calling Udo...
I think I can pull this off...
Lets talk sir please.

Whatever happened to fish-buck? Last I heard he was off his meds and experiencing mania/paranoia in SQ.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.