BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5
Author: Subject: SELLER MOTIVATED! (Bahia Asunción) Now Make me an offer I can't refuse! (USD)
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2019 at 09:57 AM

Sounds like the same way we secure our cabin at the end of the season in the Sierra's every year. Not so much worried about the average joe but try to deter the less then honest people trying to make a quick grab and go. Plus we have bears to deter as well, unlike Baja!
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-14-2019 at 10:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Sounds like extreme security, are break ins common in BA?

Break ins are not common at all in Asuncion as there is such a good 24/7 security patrol by the fishing cooperativas and in a small village petty crime is usually limited to family members as they are less likely to press charges and people always know who is stealing stuff most often youngsters with a drug problem.

Very few places have bars on the windows. Few people lock thieir cars etc. But in Udos case, the kid lived in an apartment right behind his place and he would wait till the police and security passed then he just walked over and systematically stole stuff little by little. It is extremely dark there and nobody lives around the house which made it easy to rob.
But the biggest reason for the break in is that Udo has nobody looking after his house to check in to see if everything is secure. I highly recommend expats who leave houses unattended at least have someone checking on it on a weekly basis.
The unfortunate thing is that due to owner neglect, this house was broken into and it paints Asuncion in an unfavourable light which I deem unfair as this is one of the safest places I know of.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-14-2019 at 10:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
What do you need to do to make this work, Fishbuck?

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
Thinking developing my San Quintin fishcamp can wait...
Calling Udo...
I think I can pull this off...
Lets talk sir please.

Udo, it was advrider's post that got me to contact you. Fishbuck has been banned from Nomad. He is building a home on San Quintín Bay and his last email to me was he was good with the ban and all is well.

As for how to easily post your photos here on Nomad, then instructions are in the first post on the Nomad Photo Gallery Forum. Here they are:

To post photos from your Pictures folder on your computer...

Go to www.Postimages.org, make an album if you want to organize your photos to find them easily in the future (by date or by subject). No cost to use Postimages.org.

Change the upload setting from "Do not resize my image" to 640x480 (recommended for forums) or 800x600 (max. on Nomad). You click on the little arrow to see the size choices.

Click "Choose images" and select the photos you want to put on Nomad from your Pictures folder.

Click on the image you want on Nomad and click on "Share" at the top of the screen.

Choose "Hotlinks for forums" (down next to the last one). You can click the little box at the right end of the link and it is now saved on your mouse.

Go to Nomad and paste that link onto the place where you are typing on Nomad. You can put text in below the photo for a caption or your post and if you double space between photo links (for clarity), you can put several photos and captions in a single post on Nomad. You can click "Preview" on Nomad to check and see how it will look before posting to the board.

If you need to fix a post after it is done, click on "Edit" along the edge of your post, and change or delete your post. If you edit more than once, you can delete the previous Edited on tags so only one edit tag will appear after you edit the post.
==============================================================

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2019 at 10:26 AM
20 photos from Udo...

[Edited on 12-14-2019 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2019 at 11:59 AM

What ever happened with the salon (?) that was being built adjacent to the property? Was that ever completed or was the project abandoned?

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2019 at 12:38 PM

David, thanks for posting. I am about 11 months from retirement, if I choose to go, so we have been looking. We are back and forth between renting and buying something in Baja. I need to go and see just what the area and house look like, it's been many years since I was there.
From what I have seen of the house from pictures it's the perfect size and a good location in respect to the ocean. Being that close also brings up maintenance concerns because I'm not sure I want to do that much up keep? Lot's to think about, but the price and style are right on point...
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2019 at 05:06 PM

Udo is a man of good character, too.

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-15-2019 at 08:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Pacifico  
What ever happened with the salon (?) that was being built adjacent to the property? Was that ever completed or was the project abandoned?

the project appears to have been abandoned...nothing done in years there.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
twogringos
Nomad

Mood: I feel more like I do now than I ever have before

[*] posted on 12-16-2019 at 07:47 AM

I don't lock my car in Asuncion. I don't even lock the garage when we are in residence.
BTW, our house is about 200 feet behind Udo's.

[Edited on 12-16-2019 by twogringos]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-16-2019 at 08:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by twogringos  
I don't lock my car in Asuncion. I don't even lock the garage when we are in residence.
BTW, our house is about 200 feet behind Udo's.

[Edited on 12-16-2019 by twogringos]

Udo’s house was broken into by a neighbor tweaker. Did the tweaker break into your house?
You should lock your door. Your neighbor’s house got burgled.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2019 at 08:54 AM

We never lock our place or truck when in town. But all of our neighbors look out for one another, too.

Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.