BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Tijuana police robbing tourists again.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2017 at 11:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  

Common chuckles -- you can do better than stalking Joe, can't you?

What's race have to do with this? You don't like Lebanese?

Just my opinion, Joe doesn't seem like the hating kind.

Back to the the thread and the subject of expired licenses, or, throw away licenses. No leverage in an expired license if the cop sees the expiration date. Pick up another license which makes your old, but current date license, invalid. Cops might be corrupt, but their not stupid.

[Edited on 8-2-2017 by BajaNomad]

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-31-2017 at 12:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Well, no reason to go there then "EH?" ...

Hey, Hoser....you are starting to sound like a Canadian...eh?!;D

Don't believe everything you think....
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 7-31-2017 at 12:15 PM

Thanks Lee, but I don't pay attention to Chuckie, who has a fatal attraction on me.

The going "birther" on me, is funny, and just shows you how racist Chuckie is.

There is nothing wrong with being Lebanese or Muslim, although I'm a US Citizen, and born in the US. I'm also Mexican-American, and it's probably the reason, my posts don't go along with usual American exceptionalism slant on this forum, and seems to rubs Chuckie the wrong way.

No Chuckie, I will not show you my long form birth certificate.

aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 7-31-2017 at 04:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
The OP wrote, " At the corner of calle coahuila and av revolucion."

That's over there by the outskirts of the Zona Norte, and really nothing is over there, unless you want to buy drugs from junkies who hang out there. It's a bad area with lots of deportees, bums, drug addicts, and other people down on their luck.

Next time stay in the Zona Norte, where it's an Adult Disneyland, that's very safe, and a lot of fun, provided you don't do anything stupid, and keep your wits about you. Once you get outside the Zona Norte, it's gets a more dangerous, but for some people, that's where all the fun is.

TJ cops are a lot like US cops, and they profile those who they think may have illegal drugs on them, or they may be drunk, so they can make an easy arrest or easy shakedown.

Looks like JJJ, " I'd rather be in Tijuana" is completely clueless on what is at the corner of Coahuila and Revolution. Have you been to Tijuana?

There's a good grocery store and big hotel on one corner.
There's an office building and oxxo on another
There's a Large nice gringo filled hotel on the third corner.
Finally there "La Tropa bar and a few other small clubs" across from the hotel.

Oh maybe JJJ forgot that the city is building the large bus station at the end of the block.

Last but not least, of course JJJ has to say TJ cops are just like US cops. That is the biggest bunch a spewed BS I have ever heard. what a f'n joke.
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 7-31-2017 at 04:53 PM

Joe makes it sound like the crime victim is at fault.
He always makes excuses for the crime cops.

Joe
Before you blame the victim, tell us who the guys yelling quantos quantos are, and what they are selling.
Meth? Selling meth openly on the streets?

Stop blaming the victim when they get robbed by drug gang cops.

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-1-2017 at 12:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by aguachico  

[/rquote]

Looks like JJJ, " I'd rather be in Tijuana" is completely clueless on what is at the corner of Coahuila and Revolution. Have you been to Tijuana?

There's a good grocery store and big hotel on one corner.
There's an office building and oxxo on another
There's a Large nice gringo filled hotel on the third corner.
Finally there "La Tropa bar and a few other small clubs" across from the hotel.

Oh maybe JJJ forgot that the city is building the large bus station at the end of the block.

Last but not least, of course JJJ has to say TJ cops are just like US cops. That is the biggest bunch a spewed BS I have ever heard. what a f'n joke.

La Tropa Bar! Didn't they close La Tropa Bar down many years ago?

I think they opened a totality different bar next door, showing "Tropa Bar" on the building. I don't know anything about the newer "Tropa Bar" but most likely it another dive bar, that lines the south of Coahuila, where gringo tourists, and sex tourists are almost non-existent.

I stand by my earlier statement I made about this area, with the added comments, there is nothing of interest that typical gringo would find in this area, except for drugs and a rough crowd that lines the south part of the street.

Now there also happens to be a very nice hotel in the area, "Hacienda del Santiago," better know as HDS, that's about equivalent to a Holiday Inn, with more perks, but it's in such a known bad area, you could get a room there for about $20 dollars, from online hotel sites.

Like I said earlier, I consider, even the "Zona Norte" area of Tijuana, pretty safe, although it's not pretty, and you see a rough crowd, but also with lots of gringos, Asians, and Mexican-Americans, tourists, as well as Mexican nationals, and a heavy police presence.

However, you should use cabs in and out of the area, and as you move out of the square block, and alley( Callejon Coahuila) to the outskirts of the Zona Norte, it gets exponentially more dangerous!

The area where the old La Tropa, used to be, is well know, where choke-holds and beating were reported over the years.

Here is a partial article, regarding that area in front of La Tropa, where

Estrangulan y golpean a hombre en la Zona Norte:

Durante la madrugada del jueves un hombre fue asesinado por dos presuntos asaltantes cerca de la entrada de un bar de la Zona Norte, los implicados fueron capturados cuando intentaban darse a la fuga.

De acuerdo al reporte de la Policيa Municipal, alrededor de las 3:45 horas del jueves se les reportَ que habيa un hombre tirado boca abajo cerca de la entrada de la negociaciَn La Tropa Bar, ubicada sobre avenida Revoluciَn y calle Coahuila.

Al llegar los oficiales, encontraron en el lugar a efectivos de la Policيa Auxiliar quienes indicaron que tenيan asegurados a dos hombres que estaban golpeando a la persona que se encontraba tendida en el piso.

Los detenidos se identificaron como Ricardo Contreras Campos, de 35 aٌos y Salvador Alberto Cervera Garcيa, de 37, segْn los oficiales auxiliares, observaron como el primero en menciَn tenيa sujeta a la vيctima del cuello y le estaba aplicando una llave conocida como “china”.

yumawill
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2017 at 01:15 PM

I used to drive through TJ and Ensenada at 3:00am. most bad hombres asleep. Keeping our heads down and driving straight. Clearing Ensenada by 5:00am and home free. We still got stopped. I guess cops still gota eat. It's those surfboards on top. Dead givaway.
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 8-1-2017 at 04:33 PM

Now that's funny!

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2017 at 09:32 PM

I used to go to TJ with friends in college 15-20 years ago, but have driven past it probably 100 times the last 15 years. Decided to stop and rest, and check it out in March to see how it is. Despite having some punk pull a knife on me crossing the bridge at 8pm and giving him the $5 I was going to spend on a taxi, I liked it. Some really good people, but also some really bad ones.

I would say the area just north of the arch, and west towards constitcion, is shady as hell. I walk alone and take precautions in case things have to get ugly, but after getting a feel for the area I'd say those streets should be avoided. A couple weeks ago I came upon a young Mexican get choked out on Revolucion, a block or two south of hotel nelson, as two other degenerates emptied his pockets. I stood back as it happened and they ran off past me. He came to and was ok, and I walked the 8 blocks back to my room shaking my head thinking, phuggin Tijuana.

Sucks that the cops are in on it too, but it doesn't surprise me one bit.
aguachico
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2017 at 06:53 PM

I stand by my earlier statement I made about this area, with the added comments, there is nothing of interest that typical gringo would find in this area,

Now there also happens to be a very nice hotel in the area, "Hacienda del Santiago," better know as HDS,

Like I said earlier, ... blah blah blah...heavy police presence.

However, you should use cabs in and out of the area, and as you move out of the square block, and alley( Callejon Coahuila) to the outskirts of the Zona Norte, it gets exponentially more dangerous!

The area where the old La Tropa, used to be, is well know, where choke-holds and beating were reported over the years.

Here is a partial article, regarding that area in front of La Tropa, where

Estrangulan y golpean a hombre en la Zona Norte:

Durante la madrugada del jueves un hombre fue asesinado por dos presuntos asaltantes cerca de la entrada de un bar de la Zona Norte, los implicados fueron capturados cuando intentaban darse a la fuga.

De acuerdo al reporte de la Policيa Municipal, alrededor de las 3:45 horas del jueves se les reportَ que habيa un hombre tirado boca abajo cerca de la entrada de la negociaciَn La Tropa Bar, ubicada sobre avenida Revoluciَn y calle Coahuila.

Al llegar los oficiales, encontraron en el lugar a efectivos de la Policيa Auxiliar quienes indicaron que tenيan asegurados a dos hombres que estaban golpeando a la persona que se encontraba tendida en el piso.

Los detenidos se identificaron como Ricardo Contreras Campos, de 35 aٌos y Salvador Alberto Cervera Garcيa, de 37, segْn los oficiales auxiliares, observaron como el primero en menciَn tenيa sujeta a la vيctima del cuello y le estaba aplicando una llave conocida como “china”.

Again JJJ"I'd rather be in TJ" has not a clue about the block he so expertly warns you about. Maybe he forgot tomentiont the ARCH is at the top of the hill and across the street is the POLICE SUB STATION.

aye .

Maybe if he would have said be careful there's a police substation at the top of hill and is the source of corrupt Mexican cops that steal from tourist - he would be in the ball park.

Remember Mexican cops are not the sharpest tacks in the bunch. The simple art of intelligent debate normally confuses them enough to let you go as they ponder how to make their next meal.

Listening to "I'd rather be in Tijuana" will only make you confused and scared. Tijuana is a great city. Enjoy, have fun, take your lumps and learn a lesson.

[Edited on 8-3-2017 by aguachico]
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-3-2017 at 03:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by aguachico  

Again JJJ"I'd rather be in TJ" has not a clue about the block he so expertly warns you about. Maybe he forgot tomentiont the ARCH is at the top of the hill and across the street is the POLICE SUB STATION.

aye .

Maybe if he would have said be careful there's a police substation at the top of hill and is the source of corrupt Mexican cops that steal from tourist - he would be in the ball park.

Remember Mexican cops are not the sharpest tacks in the bunch. The simple art of intelligent debate normally confuses them enough to let you go as they ponder how to make their next meal.

Listening to "I'd rather be in Tijuana" will only make you confused and scared. Tijuana is a great city. Enjoy, have fun, take your lumps and learn a lesson.

[Edited on 8-3-2017 by aguachico]

Aguachico, you are very strange, and you have a very weird argument/debating style.

So I'm suppose to have the same opinion about TJ Cops as you, and say they are all stupid, and if I don't have the same opinion, I'm stupid, and don't know what I'm talking about?

Then you Aguachico, accuse me of fear mongering in Tijuana!

That has to be a first, because many times I have been accused of minimizing the danger of Mexico, and especially Tijuana. I have even been accused before of trying to send American tourists to their deaths, with my view of safety levels in Mexico, and other parts of Mexico.

BTW, I happened to be in Tijuana, last night, and that Police substation that you're talking about was closed, at least last night they were closed.

I risked my life, and walked over to the "Tropa bar" and just like I though, it is nothing but a tiny dive, with six bar stools, and two Mexican nationals drinking inside. The old "La Tropa" that use to be a decent bar back in the day, is now a flea bag hotel.

The whole area where Joeover talked about was exactly like I described a few posts up in this thread, except now I will say it's pretty much a wasteland there with boarded up buildings.

Besides, the Tropa Bar, there is this other tiny dive, with no customers, on the south side of the street. There is also this small Karaoke bar on Coahuila, that usually gets a small crowd or 6 or 7 people, but that bar is pretty close to Revolucion.

I again stand by opinion, and advise to keep away from this area, it has nothing to offer, except possible grief.

If you want to visit the Zona Norte, stay within the squad blocks of Revolucion and Ninos Heroes,and Artículo 123( 1st street) and Calle Coahuila, where most of the better bars are located, and many American tourists hang out.

Sadly, I was walking on Artículo 123, towards Avenida Revolucion, two of Tijuana's finest called me over to the their patrol car! This rarely happens to me. Maybe, I'll recount my experience tomorrow if anybody is interested.

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-3-2017 at 01:59 PM

I am interested in the story....just hope the folks that seem to have a bias against you can manage their manners ....

Don't believe everything you think....
aguachico
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2017 at 02:33 PM

Aguachico, you are very strange, and you have a very weird argument/debating style.

The block the OP was robbed is as touristy as Tijuana has ever been. Any gringo in cargo shorts, chanclas and Hawaiian shirts can walk up and down that block no worries. The Arch, the hotel with the outdoor seating and all the culture centro has to offer. Even the Chicago CLub has setup outdoor seating... think that's safe :o

The element you warn against is all over TJ, the worse being the under paid crooks in police uniform, but now we are just splitting hairs.

I don't think anyone needs to be confined to a two block radius of hookers, touts and tacos.

What really peees me off is that you have the undeniable reflex to compare US cops to TJ cops and that is wrong. otherwise. es no importa.

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 8-3-2017 at 03:13 PM

Ok, I will tell the story, First of all, I have to mention my experience of parking on the US side, and walking in, and going through Mexican customs, if you're a foreigner. I been tempted to walk through the Mexican line, but the line was very short yesterday in the foreigner line.

As usual, now for many trips, I was asked what I was doing in Mexico, and for how long, as as usual, I say, I'm just making a pharmacy trip, and it's only a day trip.

This way, I'm usually given my passport back, and I walk through without having them filling out that "FMM" form. Other looks to be first time tourists, were busy getting their FMMs, but I was told to pass.

It was great not seeing the yellow taxi thugs down the long walkway or pedestrian border entrance you take a taxi to your destination. The Yellow taxis, were recently banned from the area for ongoing violent behavior towards other taxi services like Uber. The yellow cabs, used to have political clout, maybe not anymore. So I jumped in a Taxi Libre for my short ride to my destination, and paid the driver $5 dollars.

I go into one of my favorite bars, and order my usual " Dos Equis" but surprisingly no "Dos Equis" and later I find out nobody seemed to have "Dos Equis, that night!" What's going on? I hope it's a temporary problem. So I settled for Tecate, and "Sol" for the night.

So after I has two beers, and it's still early, I decided check out "Tropa Bar" and I'm just walking on Artículo 123( 1st street) towards the Arch, and these two TJ cops in a patrol car, call me over!

I was shocked, because rarely do TJ cops mess with me, even in the bad days during Hank Rhon's era before the recession. It must have been my new short summer haircut, kinda like a military cut, and different than most Mexican men my age. I was profiled as a tourists, although I'm Mexican-American.

Oh well, they call me over, and ask me in a mix of Spanish and English, where am I going? My answer home. They ask for my ID, and they look at my passport. They really want to know what I do for a living. My answer, " I work for an Attorney." ( I don't but it's something I learned from others, to say, you're an attorney, because it makes them think twice.

They want to know where I live, I tell them Los Angeles, and I have a long ride. They want to know if I been drinking? I say, yes, one beer. They didn't believe it, but I didn't care. They ask, do you have a gun, knife, or drugs on your body? I say no, and they say, if I search you, I won't find anything? I say yes, c'mon, I'm middle aged, do I look like I do drugs?

The cop in the driver's seat , said, he is going to get out of his car and search me? I ask why, I have nothing on me that's illegally, and I already spent most of my money and only have 800 pesos left. ( I also had about $200 US dollars) If they would have searched me, I would have took out my money and held it in my hand.

I then asked them what do they really want, and looked them in the eye, while remaining very respectful, calm, and cool.

I was then given my passport back, and I enjoyed the rest of my night, drinking and listening to music.

Had it ever came to a search, I would be trying to memorizing patrol car numbers, and names of the cops, and bring up the SINDICATURA. TJ cops are not supposed to do random stops like that, but like cops in the US, with their pretext reasons, of reasonable suspicion, do it anyway, except in TJ there is no pretext reasons given.

beenalloverMX

[*] posted on 8-9-2017 at 11:54 PM
U might try...

Try carrying a fake wallet with a small amount in pesos and expired credit cards, etc. Hide the rest someplace difficult to search (not up ur arse, haha). A hidden video cam would might be something you could try, they make very small inconspicuous ones now and some can be uploaded to remote location, even possibly the net.

Quote: Originally posted by joerover  
Tijuana police robbing tourists again.
They say they are searching for drugs then steal half your money.
At the corner of calle coahuila and av revolucion, a couple of nights ago.
Bandidos con placas.
They took 200 pesos and 55 dollars. When I protested they returned 35 dollars.

by the way I do not drink or smoke.

f ucking bandidos.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.