Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Santa Rosalia facelift
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2017 at 10:18 PM
Santa Rosalia facelift

We went to Santa Rosalia yesterday and the first park, right near the train on display, is completely redone and absolutely GORGEOUS.

It was almost 100 degrees and humid as ever but under the trees, easily 10 degrees cooler.

I shall let my model (Mom) show it off:

rsz_mix_002.jpg - 129kB

rsz_mix_001.jpg - 190kB

rsz_mix_005.jpg - 168kB

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 8-3-2017 at 11:41 PM

Looks nice.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2017 at 06:47 AM

Very nice upgrade! Wouldn't it be nice if they could clean up/ improve Hwy 1 thru town. I noticed the new Coppel and Sorianna(?) from the backside below. That also must be a great addition. Hey, MOM! We can see where you get your Energy, Blanca. Thanks. Tomas
basautter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2017 at 06:50 AM

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. :bounce:
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-4-2017 at 09:36 AM

Lets hope the whole shebang doesnt get wiped out..again...during hurricane season!
The new Super Ley grocery store is the bomb! Word is they will also build one in Vizcaino which will be a nutrition dream come true!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2017 at 09:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
Lets hope the whole shebang doesnt get wiped out..again...during hurricane season!

I was last through there in April when they were building the walls that surround the park. We always stop at one of the taco stands by the park. The walls are substantial and high. It will take a major, major flood to damage the park again, but that's where it all happens when flood waters flow to the sea. The area is like the spout of a funnel with water flowing out of the hills to the west.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2017 at 10:51 AM

Dumb question about pic
Some one enlighten me on why the tree trunks in Baja and else where get painted the stark white color???

Es Todo Bueno
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2017 at 11:18 AM

Painting tree trunks white is a time honored method of young tree protection often found in orchards and tree farms. There are several purposes but chief among them is to prevent cracking and splitting of the tender new bark, which can allow introduction of disease, insects and fungus.Mar 25, 2015

I've also been told it was to keep rats from climbing the tree, whether it's true or not I don't know.
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2017 at 02:57 PM

yup, doing nice work in the town but the highway is a tad crappy,,,
and this is the county seat town with an immigration office so all tourists see this while passing through.

I just received pics of Mulege where also they are tearing up all the old sidewalks and replacing them in the main part of town...
now if the water could be funneled somewhere else when the hurricanes decide to come across..
spending a lot of money on projects that you would think would usually be secondary to other areas of need....
but what the heck, I am just an old grouchy gringo that tries to look at the brighter side....

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-4-2017 at 03:28 PM

Ross, how many millions of yards of dirt have been moved up in the mountains and out of the mouth of the river..Nuttin has worked...You cant beat Ma Nature....Gitaway bag and a couple bottles Tequila is about the best answer....You in Westcliffe?

mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2017 at 05:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Ross, how many millions of yards of dirt have been moved up in the mountains and out of the mouth of the river..Nuttin has worked...You cant beat Ma Nature....Gitaway bag and a couple bottles Tequila is about the best answer....You in Westcliffe?

We are hangin out in Canon City now.... sold the Westcliffe place last summer...
will wait until mid Oct. to head south looks like... hopin we don'g have to pressure wash the casita....

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 8-4-2017 at 08:54 PM

Your mom- and the park- look beautiful!

Hope you're well.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2017 at 09:51 PM

Thanks! We are well.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2017 at 11:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  

I don't recall it being wiped out after really bad hurricane of 2014.

The walls were already there, and remained there after the hurricane. There was no multi-color letters feature or nice pergolas, and the whole plateau looked meaningless, like a traffic circle built higher than normal. When crossing to the car (left it there as there was no parking anywhere in downtown, as usual in late morning), you have to either climb the plateau or walk around it. I climbed - bad idea, placement of stairs on either side wasn't done with pedestrian flows in mind, so on the other corner I had to jump down.
basautter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2017 at 08:56 AM

Very nice! I look forward to my next visit. :light:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.