Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: FOUND- "Morgan" the BLACK LAB IN CENTRAL BAJA- Friday Aug. 4
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

exclamation.gif posted on 8-4-2017 at 08:02 PM
FOUND- "Morgan" the BLACK LAB IN CENTRAL BAJA- Friday Aug. 4

UPDATE: Saturday Aug. 5: Morgan the lab has been found and is in a restaurant near Cataviña.

Appears to have a broken leg.

Keith has been advised, and is working to get her back to SD.

Many thanks to all who helped!

MISSING BLACK LAB IN CENTRAL BAJA- between Catavińa and Punta Prieta: please contact Keith Berkley if you know anything about his missing dog.

Keith and his family have recently been at Black Bass Lodge in Abreojos and were on their way home when the dog was accidentally left behind Wednesday.

He's a contractor in San Diego- please contact him at keith@berkhome.com or (619) 981-4582

I am hoping someone can help us. We lost our Black Lab Morgan between Catavińa and punta prieta. She is almost a year old and super friendly. She was last seen at dusk on the highway about 35 south of catavińa wednesday july 2. She has collar and tags with our info. Please help!
619-981-4582. We will pay $200 reward!! She is missed so much.

Keith posted this info on his Facebook page about 5:30 PM on Friday Aug. 4:
"On the way back from Baja, we stopped for a pee break and we did not notice that our black lab Morgan, did not get in the back with the boys. We got back to the spot 40 min later, but she was nowhere. We searched till dark but nothing. We think someone picked her up. If anyone is traveling in central Baja between catavińa and punta prieta. Keep an eye out. She has tags and collar on.

Mis amigos en Baja, favor de buscar nuestro perro "Morgan" que perdimos una hora sur de catavińa. Favor de preguntar personas que viajen alla para buscarle. Tiene mis datos en su collar. Hay recompensa$$$"

[Edited on 8-5-2017 by Whale-ista]

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2017 at 08:11 PM

I hope you get her back. With tags there is a good chance someone will contact you. I love black labs, we've had two and they were the greatest.
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2017 at 08:17 PM

Thank you- Morgan's not mine- she belongs to a friend, and I'm posting this for him (not sure if he's a Nomad)

But I understand the attraction- I had a black lab for many years. She loved the water, we camped and kayaked together in Baja and California- and she was an escape artist (+too smart for her own good).

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2017 at 09:56 PM

Sure hope they find her.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-5-2017 at 10:36 AM

The dog was found near Chapala and is at the store in Catavina? $200 for anyone bringing it north. See Talk Baja thread for details.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-5-2017 at 10:44 AM

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TalkBaja/permalink/181235211...

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2017 at 11:38 AM

Great news, thanks.

I had a Black Lab that I think was mixed with a Great Dane she was so big. When Sophie would stand on her back legs and her paws on my shoulders she was a foot taller than me. When she walked down the hall way her tail would bang on both walls. Great dog.
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2017 at 12:44 PM

Hooray! Nomad network helps again!

Chapala?? Wow, that's a hot hike.... thanks for the update!

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
The dog was found near Chapala and is at the store in Catavina? $200 for anyone bringing it north. See Talk Baja thread for details.

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 8-5-2017 at 12:56 PM
This trick could help!

It sounds like Morgan will make it home, great news!

The same thing happened to my family on a drive through the Yukon Territory a few years ago, and I used a technique I learned from friend who ran hounds.

Your dog is looking for you, leave something for him to find!

We backtracked to the spot where we changed drivers, and were not able to find her. I left articles of our clothing in a couple of spots, and drove forty miles to the closest gas station, with plans to return and set up camp where we lost the dog.

When I got back to the pull out where we last saw our little c-ckapoo, she was laying on my son's sweatshirt! We had to backtrack 180 miles one way, but it was worth it!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2017 at 03:13 PM

I would never have thought of that, excellent ideal.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-5-2017 at 04:06 PM

the Ensenada surf team is heading home tomorrow and their fearless leader Mambo works in San Diego and can bring the dog there if nobody has stepped up to the plate yet

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2017 at 04:08 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I've thought of putting one of those location tabs on the collar- but cell service is not 100% in many areas.

Also, Keith thinks he may have seen her in a truck heading north, as they were driving south to backtrack and search for her. He wonders if she injured her leg by leaping from the truck... but we can never know.

The good news is she's been found and will be picked up and taken north for some medical care and a reunion with a grateful family.

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-5-2017 at 04:44 PM

Lost hikers/bikers are a sad story for sure, but a lost/abandoned dawg is FAMBLY.

What a true happy ending to this story. Seen a few obviously 'left-behind' yap/lap dawgs at pull-out areas over the years, and never picked one up hoping the owners were on their way back pronto. Also hoped they were reunited before it became a small throw-rug in the middle of the highway. My better-half's father rolled his truck many years ago just east of Yuma and the lil' dawg ran off, succumbed to hyperthermia and dehydration... sad ending. The locals did a 3-4 day search for the pooch to no avail. Truly heartbreaking.

People you're stuck with, especially relatives.... but dawgs, cars and guitars is Fambly. And a damned lab is just too loving to lose, and the biggest heartbreak of them all.

signed, Bo Jangles II

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
8-5-2017 at 09:43 PM
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 07:29 AM

reminds me of the time I left my daughter in a gas station...ooops

so the dog already found a ride home then?

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 08:19 AM

The dog has found a way home. Amazing the power of Talk Baja. I know some of you do not like Facebook, but what it did with its sheer power of numbers, is have a member in Catavina that found the dog. They were able to post on Talk Baja that they had found the dog but had no way of calling the owner. Without that kind of reach the dog may have been lost forever.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 08:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
The dog has found a way home. Amazing the power of Talk Baja. I know some of you do not like Facebook, but what it did with its sheer power of numbers, is have a member in Catavina that found the dog. They were able to post on Talk Baja that they had found the dog but had no way of calling the owner. Without that kind of reach the dog may have been lost forever.

Odd that the Finder could post on the internet, but could not call the tele # on collar. If you can find an internet aignal you can usually find a telephone.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 08:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

Odd that the Finder could post on the internet, but could not call the tele # on collar. If you can find an internet aignal you can usually find a telephone.

Satellite internet is amazing, isn't it.
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 09:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
reminds me of the time I left my daughter in a gas station...ooops

so the dog already found a ride home then?

Yes- Keith's friend is driving north from Abrojos and should pick up Morgan today, for a ride north to Ensenada. Keith will drive down to meet them there. I suggested he ask his friend to take her to a vet in Ensenada, to get her treated/evaluated/patched up ASAP (and likely at lower costs than comparable care in SD).

SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-6-2017 at 09:21 AM

Time to start putting email addresses on dog tags. Think I'll do that.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.