Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Gunmen kill 3 on Baja Sur beach
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 12:25 PM

Well, there were 11 killings in that area over the weekend, and only two tourists were shot...Pretty small percentage.I wouldn't worry about it..And I don't think they were killed, just wounded...

[Edited on 8-7-2017 by chuckie]

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 12:35 PM

Just two tourists? It must be very comforting to them to realize they were not targets, just collateral damage!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 12:37 PM

They likely weren't even American tourists, so no big deal, eh? No worries...

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 12:45 PM

Interesting a shooting takes place in Playa Palmilla, San Jose del Cabo, in a public beach, anybody has access to, and the Yahoo, story, makes it appears the shooting happened in Los Cabos, next to all the tourists and the cruise ships.

Now the fear mongers, are out in force on "Baja Nomad" and on Baja Social media sites, just loving it and saying things like, " Mexico is DANGEROUS, I told you so, and now full panic has set in with some Americans, but mostly with those who never actually live or travel to Mexico/Baja.

Yawn, this is not really big news, as this area of Baja has been having an increase in violence and shootings for a couple of years now. However, the US State Department, has not issued the "full panic" alert yet, and only says to exercise caution in the area, and specifically mentioned La Paz..

None of the articles on this tragic incident mentioned anything specific about the 5 victims, which three of them died, although some readers are trying to spin it as if the victims were innocent people enjoying the day at the park.

If I were a betting man, I would bet some of the victims, were involved in the drug trade, and this was a planned hit on at least a few of the victims.

The drug cartels, are not known for random killings, although some have taken place, as well as some collateral damage. Mexico, is also not known for random mass killings in a public place, like what take place in the USA all the time with gun happy nut-jobs.

This is a very misleading photo:

[Edited on 8-7-2017 by JoeJustJoe]

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 12:49 PM

The cartel gun slingers are very good shots so stray bullets are not a concern! DK says so!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 12:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by windgrrl  
Here is a link to a Brietbart article with video and sound effects:

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/08/07/watch-cartel-gunme...

It is surprising to learn this happened at Palmilla...location is near an exclusive enclave for the elite. A lot of the killing occurs in the Mexican neighbourhoods, with bodies frequently dumped near the El Tule surf area.

According to replies,on local media sources, Mexicans are worried about their safety and the impact on tourism the killings are having (236 this year to date, with 11 this weekend. Some identify the current government as the cause, others parenting. FB Sources: Zona Roja BCS, Collectivo Pericu.

Breitbart is a white nationalist (and anti-mexico) media outlet, so possibly not the best source of neutral unbiased reporting on this matter. Just saying!
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 01:08 PM

Hey I don't hang at the Pamilla -- and no I don't worry.

These guys probably had it coming. Nothing is random down here.

Isn't it time for someone to question the value of gringo real estate plummeting? Anyone?

Play with the bull, you might get the horn. Como no?

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 01:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by windgrrl  
Here is a link to a Brietbart article with video and sound effects:

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/08/07/watch-cartel-gunme...

It is surprising to learn this happened at Palmilla...location is near an exclusive enclave for the elite. A lot of the killing occurs in the Mexican neighbourhoods, with bodies frequently dumped near the El Tule surf area.

According to replies,on local media sources, Mexicans are worried about their safety and the impact on tourism the killings are having (236 this year to date, with 11 this weekend. Some identify the current government as the cause, others parenting. FB Sources: Zona Roja BCS, Collectivo Pericu.

Breitbart is a white nationalist (and anti-mexico) media outlet, so possibly not the best source of neutral unbiased reporting on this matter. Just saying!

Of course Brietbart is what it is - one should be well-read, though, shouldn't one. Is anyone really surprised anymore to learn that media outlets are biased?

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 01:29 PM

People die daily, tourists and locals alike, all over the world. Same as it ever was!

BajaGlenn
Nomad

Mood: Missing Baja

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 01:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Just two tourists? It must be very comforting to them to realize they were not targets, just collateral damage!

Unless you happen to be one of the two or their relatives??:no:
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 01:41 PM

If you don't own any real estate, why worry about it? And like Woody sez, just business as usual...Couple tourists here and there?..meh

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 01:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaGlenn  
Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

Unless you happen to be one of the two or their relatives??:no:

Sarcasm was intended in my post! Your statement is in line with my intended message.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 01:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
People die daily, tourists and locals alike, all over the world. Same as it ever was!

You think people murdered with automatic weapons at a beachfront resort on a Sunday afternoon is the "same as it ever was"?

I know you're not, but ya gotta be kidding me. This is way beyond normal.

If I were a guy with a family I would definitely not take them to Cabo anymore. It would be irresponsible.

[Edited on 8-7-2017 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 01:51 PM

Yeah but Lee said they weren't using AK's...so ....

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 02:21 PM

Chuckie, give it a rest, you already made six posts in this thread.

Didn't you already scare enough people from visiting Cabo, where this shooting didn't take place?

Give some other members a chance to post in this thread.

Oh Chuckie, you are often hyping another Baja site that's on Facebook.

Did you know that site you often hype was covering was this same story, but now the whole thread disappeared under the violation or guise of the house rules of not posting gory images, and somebody there posted a Mexican article, with gory images of the three victims being shot! US media outlets normally, don't post gory images either, but instead post related stuff without the gory photos.

Now I could understand, not wanting gory photos of dead people on your Facebook group, but I wonder why the whole thread was erased, when they could have simply just deleted the offending photo, and article, and just used another article from US sources that don't show gory photos? ( that site was drawing heavy interest mostly to the negative, then suddenly it was gone!)

I can't wait to hear your outrage Chuckie, over what that Baja Facebook site did.

Lets just say, I found it very interesting they threw out the baby with the bathwater.

Of course, if Chuckie answers, it will make 7 posts from Chuckie in one thread.

You can find the gory photo and article at " BCS Noticias. Mx."

[Edited on 8-7-2017 by JoeJustJoe]

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 02:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Didn't sound like an AK. Still, an AK can fire 30 rounds in about 3 seconds -- a kevlar vest is useless, DK.

Pamilla is a nice beach. This was a hit -- innocent tourists have nothing to worry about. I'm not worried. I'm innocent, mostly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2CUSVZRiNY

You are right about the ak47. Perhaps the ak74?

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 04:18 PM

Doesn't matter AK or not... a bullet iz a bullet, and DEAD IZ DEAD.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 04:19 PM

You know dat. and I know dat...

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 06:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  

You think people murdered with automatic weapons at a beachfront resort on a Sunday afternoon is the "same as it ever was"?

I know you're not, but ya gotta be kidding me. This is way beyond normal.

If I were a guy with a family I would definitely not take them to Cabo anymore. It would be irresponsible.

[Edited on 8-7-2017 by SFandH]

I said people die daily. Quit reading your personal biases into it. Ricocheting bullets, starvation, genocide, or just plain poor luck. I bet those tourist police in the picture are hard at work tracking down the bad guys. Sleep well knowing that!

Edit: grammar

[Edited on 8-8-2017 by woody with a view]

Tres Rios
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2017 at 07:33 PM

Judging from the pictures on BCS noticias site I would say that these gentlemen are not your regular tourists in shorts, flip flops and t-shirts.... :o
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.