BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Aug 15/16 San Diego to Scorpion Bay Convoy?
Chels

[*] posted on 8-13-2017 at 01:25 PM
Aug 15/16 San Diego to Scorpion Bay Convoy?

Looking for more people to convoy through Baja with. Leaving San Diego on August 15th or 16th depending on if I get to San Diego from Colorado tomorrow evening.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 8-13-2017 at 01:45 PM

First things first, welcome to the forum! Have you been following it as a viewer for a while, or just discover it? I only ask because it will help others with their replies to you.

I am not close to being ready to head south yet, but if you want to hook up with others, it would be helpful to know what kind of vehicle you are traveling in, how many hours a day you feel comfortable driving, camping or hoteling, and so on.

I assume you must have a reason to travel through L.A., San Diego and Tijuana. Personally, I head down through Mexicali or Tecate to avoid those places!

Good luck!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-13-2017 at 03:17 PM

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 8-13-2017 at 04:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  

...........?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-13-2017 at 04:21 PM

Nothing to add..... 'cept if you need to caravan, welp, just post up in San Ig and put out a shingle! You won't wait long.....

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-13-2017 at 06:19 PM

If you are brave enough to surf, you are brave enough to drive without your mommy!

Just go! You dont need a hand-holder!
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2017 at 08:13 PM

Funny how all the guys wanting to convoy all have their final destination to San Juanico... seems fitting.

In that pre-Google Earth and social media epoch, The Code was adhered to. It was based on a simple verity: if a locale had been transformational for you, and you had put the hard yards in to get there and to learn it, to know it, why in godοΏ½s name would you broadcast the news, thus ruining the future experience not only for yourself, but for future adventurers?
BajaNaranja
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2017 at 10:54 AM

C O N V O Y ! ! !

BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2017 at 06:41 PM

haha!

In that pre-Google Earth and social media epoch, The Code was adhered to. It was based on a simple verity: if a locale had been transformational for you, and you had put the hard yards in to get there and to learn it, to know it, why in godοΏ½s name would you broadcast the news, thus ruining the future experience not only for yourself, but for future adventurers?
Chels

[*] posted on 8-14-2017 at 08:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
First things first, welcome to the forum! Have you been following it as a viewer for a while, or just discover it? I only ask because it will help others with their replies to you.

I am not close to being ready to head south yet, but if you want to hook up with others, it would be helpful to know what kind of vehicle you are traveling in, how many hours a day you feel comfortable driving, camping or hoteling, and so on.

I assume you must have a reason to travel through L.A., San Diego and Tijuana. Personally, I head down through Mexicali or Tecate to avoid those places!

Good luck!

Let's see if I do this reply right... still getting used to the format.

Thanks! 2010 Tacoma with a slide in camper. Willing to drive a big day but no night driving. Last year we did TJ to santa rosalillita on day 1 just to get away from the border. It was long day but worth the 5am start and cruising down. I'm starting SD because that's where my boards live. I think they will be coming back with me to CO so I can head over Mexicali next time. I agree Mexicali is the way to go and is a lot more pleasant! Would rather camp on the beach but i wouldn't mind a night in a hotel. Coming to surf, snorkel and explore but as you'd expect the local Colorado surfer isn't by any means a local pro but I still have a lot of fun thrashing around.

I stumbled upon the blog when my co-pilot bailed and I was hoping to either start the adventure with some people or meet some along the way. I was researching day1 destinations and surf spots when I saw the convoy blog. So here I am! It's always more fun with a convoy! πŸ’ƒπŸΏπŸššπŸšœπŸšŒπŸšŽπŸšπŸš—πŸ›΄πŸš πŸšπŸ›ΆπŸŽ 
Chels

[*] posted on 8-14-2017 at 08:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
If you are brave enough to surf, you are brave enough to drive without your mommy!

Just go! You dont need a hand-holder!

Maybe just a translator β˜ΊοΈπŸ‘ŠπŸΎ
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2017 at 05:27 PM

we are in san diego and will fly down within the week, God willing.

we have a very thin, light TV that needs to head south and we live near Abreojos, where surf is good.

Take it down and get a free night at our B&B!

[Edited on 8-16-2017 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.