Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Huge eclipse event miscalculation
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 8-18-2017 at 06:40 PM
Huge eclipse event miscalculation

In the scientific blunder of the century they have miscalculated the path of the upcoming eclipse. It turns out it will pass directly over La Paz, Baja California Sur. Luckily our apartment will offer the perfect view of the exact zenith of the amazing parabolic hyperbide center part. Due to a last minute cancellation our apartment is available that night for FREE. If, by some an infinitesimal stroke of bad luck, it does not occur, probably due to Mexican cartels, you will be entitled to a free fish taco! Now that's some offer! There will be a small cleaning fee of $12,673.37 per night payable in gold bullion prior to your stay. Don't wait, book your reservation at: Bobby@estafa.com - do it today!

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2017 at 08:03 PM

:biggrin:

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DavidT
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2017 at 06:51 AM

I've been telling evangelicals that the eclipse is actually the apocalypse.
Then next time I see them I'll say: "Oh, you're still here? I'm so sorry you missed the rapture."
It's worth a try. :biggrin:

David
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-19-2017 at 07:53 AM

I've been trying to find a virgin to sacrifice. No luck so far... :(

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2017 at 08:08 AM

4 of us booked a two bedroom Condo in Idaho, center of totality, a year ago at standard resort rates: $750 for three nights with a 20% discount for full payment at time of booking which I did (gambling I would live another year). Now my kids wish I would have lost that bet - the condos are going for $10-$15K for the weekend and they could have flipped it and paid for the funeral.
Sacramento is completely out of viewing glasses, paid $5 + shipping for 4 of them a year ago and the last store in the city was getting $59/pair according to the Bee. The next one is in 2024 so start booking in a few years.....
One in our group always has three fingers of JD at sundown, he is claiming that entering totality at 11:27am counts. We have countered that coming out 2 minutes later would equate to sunrise so he would need to start drinking coffee. The battle rages on.....
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2017 at 08:16 AM

Yup, next one April 8, 2024, totality in Mazatlan.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.