Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: A commentary from a Nomad
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 2-19-2005 at 12:26 AM
A commentary from a Nomad

Most folks here say what they have to say, mostly in a positive manner in these posts. We all read certain posts that are marked with laughter, amazements, sorrow, or just plain resourceful information. Though some of the information is great for the most part, some is not. Some of these stories are new, some are old. Depends on YOU! Old timers I am sure have heard it all. Newbies that just discovered this forum may read the old stories with a vast attention span. The old news is new to them! So please, that little old newspaper clipping that is ?outdate? to you, is new to us! How bout those old pictures of DavidK?s Mother, or other pictures from the fab 50?s? Old?shouldn?t be used? Old, we?ve seen then already? I don?t think so. It?s new to me! I love them, as I am positive many Newbies love them too. Did the old timers love them? Oh yes. Hello?
I was accused of plotting the posts with old news. To some yes, but to the vast army of current and future Newbies, NEW! It took one Nomad?s negative remark to upset the post. Would it have been better for him to just pass on the post, and read the others to his likings? Why the negative remark? Is it his power play? Is he bored? It?s called rude. Have I ever degraded anyone?s post? Have most of us done that? Hell No! Hello?
So.... if it's poorly researched, old news, doesn?t make sense, or whatever...just past on the post that you find ?not you cup of tea?! No need to be critical to anyone here (as it was to me). In many posts, there are many of you guys (and Ladies) having personal conversations in a post that doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the heading topics! I did it too! So...Do others, Do I, interrupt on the ongoing remarks? Not I. Not many. Just a few lonely soles. If you not enjoying what you are reading, why don?t you SKIP the damn post! Hello?
I was accused of being a Young buck! Come on?I got more tread on world miles than most of you. My passport stamps will prove that. Have been welcomed by many in their native homes because I knew SOMETHING about their culture! From reading NEW and OLD news! I am on the comfort level with the good citizens of Mexico. I spent 19 years in and out of the Tulume area?have bought land in Baja, so I am not a Buck to my Bajanomads! Anything I read for research and pleasure is always welcomed. Makes my trips easier, my investments safer, my kids happier. OLD NEWS IS NEW NEWS TO A NEWBIE and me! Don?t you fool me by saying; you know it all about Baja. You don?t. This forum would not exist with having just all-new news; the old news is what the Newbies ALSO relies on. After all?you were a Newbie here once upon a time, yes? I shall continue doing what I wish??the Newbies and a few old timers here don?t mind it at all.
My Mother used to say this: If you have nothing nice to say, then don?t say anything! Hello?!
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2005 at 08:50 AM

don't let the internet get you down....it is just ENTERTAINMENT ....:lol:
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 2-19-2005 at 10:11 AM

Don't get your panties in a bunch Yanker. Your posts on what you are finding out in SF are good and informative.:lol:
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 2-19-2005 at 10:23 AM

Okay good Me No. I will now go to Wal-Mart buy me a new pair of dry untangled panties :lol: You know....I'm a sensitive kind of guy! I will write about everything under the stars that I feel is relative to these posts, but will post newspaper acticles in the news post. How's that for exchanging the peace pipe? :cool:

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2005 at 11:23 AM

Before I started posting on the old Amigos board and, later, here on nomads, I dug through the old posts (made by others) reasonably into the past and present to determine the "spirit" of posters and the boards collectively. After a period I felt was adequate I joined in. But I brought myself up to speed first. If a subject had been discussed previously I left it alone unless I had significant information to add.

I was also careful, out of consideration to my fellow posters and common sense, to not overwhelm the board with so many posts across so many varied subjects that I would just have been satisfying my own need to hear myself talk. I still try for the same objectives.

Others, on nomads, etc., follow their own structures of posting, as they should. There are few rules. But one that is high on my personal list of objectives is to try and be honest, objective and respectful of other posters. Occasionally someone can be such a vain jerk, so interested in self-promotion, that I fatmouth back, but I try not to. I have learned a lot from these boards, contributed too, I hope, and wish we would all learn from each other, join in, and enjoy.
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2005 at 02:07 PM
Good post Yankie and Mike H. (although you Mike are still a Putz!)

Reading Yankee's post reminded me of another board (which will remain nameless) where the owner of that board keeps reminding "newbies" just how stupid they are....that board might get 3 or 4 hits per week. I asked the board owner just what he was trying to acomplish (sp? sorry, I suck!) chasing "newbies" away.....His responce to me was "If you are looking for a massage parlor you should look elsewhere" HUH? Well, okay.....it's his board.

"Nomads" is a great place to exchange info. chat, or just read to learn. And Doug has accodated everyone with different interests, 'above and beyound the call' with new boards to give us areas to rant, or chat, or have our political views (should we choose) known or argued. (each to their own) Sometimes it gets nasty (as familys do) but, for the most part, Doug's helpful new forums have changed that. Thank you Doug......I think I'll go "click" a few ads now.
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 2-19-2005 at 02:56 PM

We all get cranky from time to time. And, whether we agree with each other, find one another arrogant, stupid, full of s--t, its nothing a few weeks in baja won't cure.

Accept for JR, he's hopless.:lol:

Debra, from reading your posts, you are over due. I hope you are planning a spring trip with Mr. and Mrs. H. Flower season should be spactacular.

Yankee, just pulling your chain, try not to take me too serious.:moon:
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2005 at 02:56 PM

I am considered the resident "anti american" by some foolish mensos, pay no attention to that.

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2005 at 03:18 PM
Well thank you Me Mo.....

yes I am "over do" And while I would love to join Mr. and Ms. H. on a "flower trip" alas....I stuck here.

To those of you in So. Ca., take a trip to Temecula or Death Valley......the flowers are WONDERFUL! I can only imagine that they must be like in the central desert!

Jesse "Anti American" don't think so, thanks for your input.
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2005 at 04:03 PM

JESSE,

I think the opinions and experiences from our members who live south of the border, both Mexicans and Americans alike, are valued highly (with a very few exceptions) by most of us.

Regarding Deb's Comment:

As far as Deb's "other board" comment I think, for the most part, that is a thing of the past. There have been subtle changes in both boards that indicate we'd be better off to quit complaining and just get along. I know I'm not alone in noticing this and in being grateful for quiet efforts.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2005 at 04:55 PM

Relax Yankeeman. I remember posting a response on the old Amigos board that got nothing but bad reviews. I was determined to never post again and express any point I had. I guess my Lizard skin was'nt thick enough. I have made it a point to not listem to others who think they know it all. I dont and never will that is why this board is so great. To interact and if someone does'nt like what you have to say---to hell with them--By the way I am writing this post from Taipei. I took the tour to the top of the tallest building in the world in the worlds fastest elevator. You can see the mainland of China. 89 floors in 38 seconds. It beat my time when I ate that bad shrimp taco in Mazatlan and relieved myself in the nearest head. All is well here, I just dont like to be a target of Chinas nukes.

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2005 at 09:05 PM
Mike H.,.......

I should have made myself more clear. The 'other' board I refered to was not "that other" board. Frankly I had fogotten about "that" board when I made my comment, Sorry.....
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2005 at 09:18 PM
Deb

That's good. I wasn't being critical, only making an observation.

I don't know if you have Long's Drug Stores up there, but MA pointed out they've got some FINE boxes for as low as $4.99!
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2005 at 10:03 PM
Putz?

I don't think you are a putz, Mike. Shame on you, Debra......name calling. I think you were just kidding. How old is an oldtimer? :)

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2005 at 11:45 PM

yank.

Don't sweat the small stuff. Just wait until you are an expert like me , then nothing anyone else says/posts will bother you.;D

Are you aware that if you delete your first post in any thread that you start that the whole thread will disappear? :biggrin:

Enjoy Baja. We look forward to hearing about your experiences.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2005 at 01:05 AM
Capt. Sharky......

Well, yes Mike H. is a "putz" I know this because Brendan tells me he is (and Mike tells Brendan he is) and since that is all I hear from 2 of my favorite Baja Nuts, I have to believe it must be true. :biggrin:
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2005 at 02:49 AM
Well, It was late and I couldn't sleep...

Well, yes I yam a putz,
It means a lot to me but,
It?s because, being friends,
I?m reminded again,
Of how we?re allowed,
Midst things we?ve hallowed,
Where acceptance begins,
And we gather again,
To share our small space,
In such loving grace,
To continue to spend,
Clear through to the end,
Our moments of love,
Cast off from a dove,
Who stands to ensure,
We are truly pure,
To the task now at hand,
Of improvement to man:
Find ways to agree
And not find envy!
What will help us all win:
To believe in a friend,
To forget a small change,
Some small set out of range,
Of a global win-win,
Where we all could be in,
To find love again,
In small moments of life,
Without global strife!

I?d work for that but?

I yam just a putz!

yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 2-20-2005 at 08:16 AM
It's all in the Family of Friends

Yes, I am very much aware of the deletion of the post (and follow ups) that started this ?nuke em high? effect! I used to be a one of these guys take would certainly bite your buns and not let go?ever! I suppose that in time, experiences, and realization of family needs (not being a butthead) most of us decide to be a Dove. That is, to a point. It?s not worth the ink on this Website to keep up an onslaught of demeanors against anyone. I will type a rebuttal (a sweet note I am sure!) if I was attacked wrongly, and then let it go. That ?ol peace pipe usually appears out of the sky magically. As far for deleting the posting, I felt it was generating too much residue from that nuke, I prefer peace. The BajaNomads forums is where my second family now resides.
Quote:
Originally posted by elgatoloco
yank.

Don't sweat the small stuff. Just wait until you are an expert like me , then nothing anyone else says/posts will bother you.;D

Are you aware that if you delete your first post in any thread that you start that the whole thread will disappear? :biggrin:

Enjoy Baja. We look forward to hearing about your experiences.

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 2-20-2005 at 08:18 AM

That would make a nice song if we put it to music, what would be a good tune?

Maybe a rap.:yes:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 2-20-2005 at 08:52 AM

Rap? Are you Nutz? :cool:

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.