Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Rancho El Coyote
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 8-22-2017 at 09:20 AM
Rancho El Coyote

Just spent 3 days dirt biking there. Great riding great weather rode up to forest very nice. Notice for 4 wheel drives of many closed routes. Only one route now open Coyote to Mikes the old route.Most 4WD trucks will not make this route.Juan Carlos with rancho has fenced off the more easy route on north side. If you come up from HWY1 to two track many water crossings route to Coyote.Then go in dark Canyon Locked gate at Coyote.I have posed before about Rancho Santa Cruz route new gate it is locked.He can see and hear anybody driving near locked gate. He is armed and will meet you with gun. I rode with Mexican Rancher on Trail (moto Only) around outside his fence not his property. My Friend owns 4 ranchos up in this area.As we rode trail outside Santa Cruz owner with gun was there inside his property.Did ask what we where doing. Mexican Rancher with me knows him no matter.He did try to tell us off,after talking to him. Letting him know any threat,will be returned.He did in fact cool down and back off.So that route off limit to anyone even walking. I was also told the Army Patrols once a year that route. If they encounter locked gate. They will break gate to patrol.I was also told tourist driving truck on said road.Has reported to army about owner showing his pistol. Since your not permitted to have pistol in Mexico. Next time army visits this rancho,was told gate will reopen.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2017 at 10:32 AM

Any pictures of route where it would be difficult to get 4x4 truck through? Gracias
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 8-22-2017 at 12:59 PM

Actually that is incorrect. It is legal to own firearms in Mexico, just have to follow the law/regulationa

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Has reported to army about owner showing his pistol. Since your not permitted to have pistol in Mexico.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2017 at 01:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
Actually that is incorrect. It is legal to own firearms in Mexico, just have to follow the law/regulationa

Has reported to army about owner showing his pistol. Since your not permitted to have pistol in Mexico.
Ok your half right but,it is not legal to have a 357 magnum. That is what he had in his belt.
KasloKid
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2017 at 01:58 PM

I've only been through from Meling to Mikes a couple of times, and don't know which is the "old road"
Would that be the road that was once labelled as the harder way? After leaving Observ San Pedro highway a few miles, does the "harder way" branch off to the east then goes north go Mikes while the "easier way" from the junction, goes NE to Mikes. The "easier way" was washed out in few places that made it a little difficult to find a line.

[Edited on 9-6-2017 by KasloKid]
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2017 at 02:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
Any pictures of route where it would be difficult to get 4x4 truck through? Gracias
We did not take pictures as it even was a handful on bikes. I think some spots would do body damage to a Tacoma 4x4. Also few ditches may hang up front or rear bumpers. Would I try it in my small Nissan Diesel 4x4 or my big diesel ram 4x4 No. A Lifted big tired jeep,or small pickup lifted way up with mods yes.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2017 at 02:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by KasloKid  
I've only been through from Meling to Mikes a couple of times, and don't know which is the "old road"
Would that be the road that was once labelled as the harder way? After leaving Observ San Pedro highway a few miles, does the "harder way" branche off to the east then goes north go Mikes while the "easier way" from the junction, goes NE to Mikes. The "easier way" was washed out in few places that made it a little difficult to find a line. OK say your at Coyotes the only road open now it goes due east from Coyote to Mikes. After few miles on your lt side the old abandoned shack before trees. If your at Coyotes try to go due North they have fenced it off. Because when you get to Juan Carlos ranch.He has also put fence up blocking the more easy way. As far as coming down from Observatory road then making Lt turn to Rancho La Joya. Good luck on that one also on your stock 4x4 rig.The very nice rancho was abandoned (I was told) because) Dark Sky's cut off there water source.

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2017 at 02:59 PM

Its been about 5 years since I was thru in my Jeep. Was curious, thank you
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2017 at 07:59 PM

Which of the routes between El Coyote and Mikes is bad. The green line is from the Baja 1000 a couple of years ago.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-23-2017 at 08:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
He is armed and will meet you with gun.
Any idea why he's so irritable? Most people don't usually act that way without some provocation....

Answer: knuckle draggers.
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 8-23-2017 at 08:32 PM

Sounds like a grt ride Big L. Happy trails:coolup:

So understand dont waste your time always searching for those wasted years
face up and make your stand and realize that your living in the golden years
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2017 at 09:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Any idea why he's so irritable? Most people don't usually act that way without some provocation....

Answer Stupid low life tourist You know who you are looser. Mt you have zero knowledge of Mexico as your only a tourist and a looser at that.:bounce::bounce: Yes I do enjoy calling you out like everyone on this site.Remember your the wimp that would not take the 10 grand challenge.So you showed everybody on this off road site what a wimp you are:bounce::bounce::bounce:
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2017 at 09:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
Which of the routes between El Coyote and Mikes is bad. The green line is from the Baja 1000 a couple of years ago.

The Baja 500 they had this year is only open route for 4X4. There are Moto trails that can get you most places,but tuff ones.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-24-2017 at 09:49 PM

Answer Stupid low life tourist You know who you are looser. Mt you have zero knowledge of Mexico as your only a tourist and a looser at that.:bounce::bounce: Yes I do enjoy calling you out like everyone on this site.Remember your the wimp that would not take the 10 grand challenge.So you showed everybody on this off road site what a wimp you are:bounce::bounce::bounce:

I waited for you to put up 10K. You couldn't. You are all hat and no cattle!

Show me the money and I'll be there next week to kick your fat a$$ :P

[Edited on 8-25-2017 by mtgoat666]
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2017 at 11:10 AM

Here is the 2017 Baja 500 route from El Coyote to Mikes. The same as the green line above.

[Edited on 8-25-2017 by TMW]
mcnut
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2017 at 12:42 PM

Thanks for the clarity Tom.

Bruce Miller
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2017 at 03:39 PM

I waited for you to put up 10K. You couldn't. You are all hat and no cattle!

Show me the money and I'll be there next week to kick your fat a$$ :P

[Edited on 8-25-2017 by mtgoat666]
Just a scared wrinkled:bounce::bounce: up old fart.Im very happy that us dirt bikers pee off a Tourist like you even more so makes us all feel even better riding. Your just a chicken S T when called out.You think people should do as you do,Well Clueless tourist.Stay in San Diego that way you wont see people enjoying them self's.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-26-2017 at 04:39 PM

Anyone wanna borrow a pizz-cup? Easier to throw it up the wall for who gets higher.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.