Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Baja Travel Advisory...FWIW
redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2017 at 09:07 AM

First, I love Baja and have property there. I often travel alone and have never had a bad experience. That being said, I think we do a disservice to the Mexican by glossing over the true and frightening events happening in Mexico. Many of the locals are paranoid and worried. The facts speak for themselves and I hope they create some positive actions to protect the citizens of the country. http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/07/mexico-violence-peaks-...
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-24-2017 at 09:23 AM

That has been my point..Many people don't want to hear the bad news, and keep their heads in the sand. Informed people may actually do something about the situation.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2017 at 10:00 AM

Happy to report that as of late the crime in La Bocana is petty theft (druggies), and a safe with a largish amount of cash (inside job).

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 8-24-2017 at 10:12 AM

I was told by most all my friends and family back in early 2000's that I would certainly be kidnapped and or killed on my many trips to Colombia.
Guess what ? I had some of the best times in my life !

Even ended up with a girlfriend from Medellin for two years, Man was she HOT ! and FUN .....
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2017 at 10:13 AM

According to the LA Times analysis, one of the reasons speculated about the Los Cabos area crime rate was the social anarchy caused by the development rate. Point being IMHO is that its NOT all the cartel folks at the root, its a new level of crime due to lack of span of control by the cartels.

Es Todo Bueno
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-24-2017 at 02:51 PM

"Fox News" expected that after the new updated travel warning to Mexico, that tourism was just going to dry up and die.

What Fox fails to mention, is that the U.S State department travel warnings, varied, from serious warnings, to defer non-essential travel, to light-weight awareness warnings about an increase in homicides from the previous year. There are also a handful of states in Mexico, that do not have any travel warning at all.

Mexico-bound travelers ignore State Department warning

SAN DIEGO – Travelers, including many Americans, at the Cross Border Xpress in Otay Mesa Wednesday night appeared to ignore a warning issued by the U.S. government to avoid many tourist spots in Mexico.

The Cross Border Xpress has become a popular exit point for people leaving the United States and catching flights to many destinations in Mexico. No one FOX 5 spoke with there expressed any reservations about visiting the country.

"It's going to be fine," said Daniela Aguilar, who was headed to Guadalajara. Guadalajara is one of the cities the U.S. Department of State warns against traveling to.

South Bay resident Axel Mora says the travel warning has political implications.

"I think it's just someone brain washing somebody saying, 'don't go there, let's hurt Mexico some other way,'" Mora said. "Everything has to do with politics of 'you’re not paying for the wall, we shouldn't pay for the wall.’ That's what it is."

U.S. citizens have been the victims of violent crimes, including homicide, kidnapping, carjacking and robbery in various Mexican states, according to the State Department. Shootouts between rival criminal organizations and with Mexican authorities have taken place in public places during the day, according to the warning.

"Criminal activity and violence, including homicide, remain an issue throughout the state," the warning stated.

U.S. government personnel and their families are prohibited from personal travel to all areas included in the warning, although there's no evidence that U.S. citizens are being targeted.

http://fox5sandiego.com/2017/08/23/mexico-bound-travelers-ig...

[Edited on 8-24-2017 by JoeJustJoe]

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2017 at 02:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
"Fox News" expected that after the new updated travel warning to Mexico, that tourism was just going to dry up and die.

What Fox fails to mention, is that the U.S State department travel warnings, varied, from serious warnings, to defer non-essential travel, to light-weight awareness warnings about an increase in homicides from the previous year. There are also a handful of states in Mexico, that do not have any travel warning at all.

FAKE NEWS REPORTER JIHAD IS F.O.S.

Mexico-bound travelers ignore State Department warning

SAN DIEGO – Travelers, including many Americans, at the Cross Border Xpress in Otay Mesa Wednesday night appeared to ignore a warning issued by the U.S. government to avoid many tourist spots in Mexico.

The Cross Border Xpress has become a popular exit point for people leaving the United States and catching flights to many destinations in Mexico. No one FOX 5 spoke with there expressed any reservations about visiting the country.

"It's going to be fine," said Daniela Aguilar, who was headed to Guadalajara. Guadalajara is one of the cities the U.S. Department of State warns against traveling to.

South Bay resident Axel Mora says the travel warning has political implications.

"I think it's just someone brain washing somebody saying, 'don't go there, let's hurt Mexico some other way,'" Mora said. "Everything has to do with politics of 'you’re not paying for the wall, we shouldn't pay for the wall.’ That's what it is."

U.S. citizens have been the victims of violent crimes, including homicide, kidnapping, carjacking and robbery in various Mexican states, according to the State Department. Shootouts between rival criminal organizations and with Mexican authorities have taken place in public places during the day, according to the warning.

"Criminal activity and violence, including homicide, remain an issue throughout the state," the warning stated.

U.S. government personnel and their families are prohibited from personal travel to all areas included in the warning, although there's no evidence that U.S. citizens are being targeted.

http://fox5sandiego.com/2017/08/23/mexico-bound-travelers-ig...

[Edited on 8-24-2017 by JoeJustJoe]

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2017 at 07:19 PM

These reports are not going to stop tourism... for those that have real estate interests...or real estate speculism. Crime is real in Mexico. There are members here that have reported crime. One of the biggest threads were of two people murdered in a van.

People will still go...for a variety of reasons. Best the go armed with the best information possible.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2017 at 08:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
These reports are not going to stop tourism... for those that have real estate interests...or real estate speculism. Crime is real in Mexico. There are members here that have reported crime. One of the biggest threads were of two people murdered in a van.

People will still go...for a variety of reasons. Best the go armed with the best information possible.

simple as that.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-24-2017 at 09:24 PM

Si...

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.