BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6
Author: Subject: winter 2019/2020 23 day baja trip planned(soliciting feedback ) for planning
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-29-2017 at 08:22 PM

Consider skipping Cabo and san Felipe, there are much better places to visit in Baja, Cabo and san Felipe are just yucky places. Add Catavina, la Paz, and san Ignacio and a day to see whales,

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

chrishaynesusa
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2017 at 08:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
...................................................................................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................... .......................................................................................

My Filter works!!!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

[Edited on 11-30-2017 by chrishaynesusa]
Franco
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2017 at 12:04 PM

Worked with former marine and army personnel in high stress jobs. No b-tching just the get it done attitude.

That was work.

This is a vacation though.

Good Luck with managing expectations.

A very helpful group of people reaching out to assist your convoy from Baja Nomad.

I toured people through Europe(The Dam,Deutsche Land, Swiss, Istria, Croatia, Italy and France several times, in ONE large Sedan or a Sports Coupe dependent upon the couple or two singles.

Best mode of travel was on the fly with no set destinations.

Crossed paths with British travelers on a tour bus through Morocco in 95 just outside of Fez.

All herded on a bus for the past four days and all hell was breaking out with another 10 days together in the near future.

Great Expectations!

At least you will have the solitude of your vehicle during the drive.

Bone up on your Spanish!

Cheers!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2017 at 12:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chrishaynesusa  
...................................................................................................................................................... ...................................................................................................................................................... .......................................................................................

My Filter works!!!!!

Keep your head in the sand, ostrich boy!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 12-5-2017 at 06:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chrishaynesusa  

My Filter works!!!!!

Keep your head in the sand, ostrich boy!
LOOSER MT666 stupid tourist good thing no one listens to anything you say. You No nothing about Mexico or anything else.:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
Aldervale
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2017 at 11:05 PM
Ten Vehicle caravan

Driving a caravan of Ten vehicles to Baha is utterly stupid.

Every aspect of your trip, from border crossing, to traffic safety, to restaurant, to finding fuel, will be compromised.

Why not just go to Moab where such groups are the norm ?

Aldervale
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2017 at 06:33 AM
U2U

Chris - please check your u2u

John M
MulegeAL
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2017 at 08:46 AM

Chris,
Saturday 4,
Suggest you camp at one of the beaches south of Mulege on Bay of Conception and not stay in Santa Rosalia. There are beach bars/food easy to get.

Because after you drive by it on the way south vs the "views" at Santa Rosalia, guarantee your party will want to stop there on the way north!
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 12-6-2017 at 09:17 AM

Joke trip....Planning two years out for a 10 unit caravan? Stay home

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-6-2017 at 09:20 AM
Between Santa Rosalia and Mulegé...

There are a couple campgrounds just south of Santa Rosalia at San Lucas Cove (Km. 181.5 & 178). Then there are camping beaches at and near Punta Chivato, a few more miles south, before Mulegé (Km. 155.5 + 13 miles). Finally, Santa Ines is a beautiful sand beach (Km. 150 + 3 miles).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 12-6-2017 at 09:26 AM

Santa Ines is a hotspot for thieves....

chrishaynesusa
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2017 at 09:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Aldervale  
Driving a caravan of Ten vehicles to Baha is utterly stupid.

Every aspect of your trip, from border crossing, to traffic safety, to restaurant, to finding fuel, will be compromised.

Why not just go to Moab where such groups are the norm ?

Aldervale

I expected some negative comments. Yours included. I have been to Moab many times. I have also driven 8K miles to Deadhorse and back. This is an overland trip with a very competent group.

Every-time my group goes out we almost always encounter someone who is broke down and was not prepared, we then proceed to help them with our existing supplies/tools/parts and get them on their way.

To be honest, what I was not prepared for on this forum is the level of vitriol of some of the members. From post calling me stupid to other post telling me not to come to Baja. What is it about a forum that seems to bring out the worst in people?

If you have nothing positive to contribute to my route planning then STFU.
This applies to MTgoat666 as well.

[Edited on 12-6-2017 by chrishaynesusa]
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 12-6-2017 at 09:40 AM

Chris, don't let the haters mess your plans. Please post a trip report when you return. Feel free to ask additional questions via u2u or email if I can help any: info at vivabaja.com.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 12-6-2017 at 09:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
Santa Ines is a hotspot for thieves....

A caravan of 10 should be safe. I drove in, saw the rancho next to the beach that had a large camping area then drove south 1/2 mile to a camping spot. Not a soul there. Crime can be anywhere so you need to decide if you let fear keep you from enjoying Baja. I camped alone dozens of times, all over Baja this year... in the boonies or unpopulated beaches and had 0 issues with banditos or bad cops.

John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 05:24 PM
Chris - check your email

Chris, I emailed you 5 or 6 days ago using the address you sent on a private message. Did you get it? Suppose it might have gone to spam or.....lost in space, still.

John M
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 05:37 PM

concerns me when people are planning their road trip in a spreadsheet. indicates uptight type A nervousness, such people aren't made for road tripping in a laid back way.

that said,...

skip san felipe, it is pretty dumpy place, poor quality beaches, not worth the time.

you mention going to el rosario for boojum trees. odd choice. scratch that and go to catavina area for boojums and boulders.

i would skip cabo, and spend time elsewhere.

given length of your trip, I would pick 3 or 4 destinations, and then let the rest of the schedule be what it becomes (i.e. just a couple reservations around holidays, rest by seat of the pants)

Probably the best advice in this thread.

For sure skip San Felipe and Cabo. Neither are good. La Paz is way better than Cabo. Get out on the water in La Paz.

You definitely don't want to try to plan stuff out to the nth degree. One little thing will throw the whole plan off. And there's a 95% chance that happens. Much better to have a general idea what you want to do and allow for stuff to come up.

[Edited on 12-11-2017 by JZ]
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 05:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
LOOSER MT666 stupid tourist good thing no one listens to anything you say. You No nothing about Mexico or anything else.:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

He's an idiot 90% of the time, but he actual did say some stuff of value itt.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 06:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
concerns me when people are planning their road trip in a spreadsheet. indicates uptight type A nervousness, such people aren't made for road tripping in a laid back way.

that said,...

skip san felipe, it is pretty dumpy place, poor quality beaches, not worth the time.

you mention going to el rosario for boojum trees. odd choice. scratch that and go to catavina area for boojums and boulders.

i would skip cabo, and spend time elsewhere.

given length of your trip, I would pick 3 or 4 destinations, and then let the rest of the schedule be what it becomes (i.e. just a couple reservations around holidays, rest by seat of the pants)

Probably the best advice in this thread.

For sure skip San Felipe and Cabo. Neither are good. La Paz is way better than Cabo. Get out on the water in La Paz.

You definitely don't want to try to plan stuff out to the nth degree. One little thing will throw the whole plan off. And there's a 95% chance that happens. Much better to have a general idea what you want to do and allow for stuff to come up.

[Edited on 12-11-2017 by JZ]

Chris Haynes proved to be a whiny wanker. I now fully encourage him and his frat boys to stay in san Felipe and Cabo and not ruin the rest of baja for us.

Woke!

chrishaynesusa
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2019 at 07:32 PM

4 months till departure.
I was surprised/not surprised that all the roads washed out.
the wife and i went to San Felipe after a hurricane came up the sea of Cortez in 96 or 97 and most of the roads had washed out.

attrition has taken the rig count down to 8 possibly 7.
which is entirely manageable, read David K latest trip report thorough as usual.

still need to call Shari and BajaBlanca and give and approximate date of arrival

Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 8-22-2019 at 10:06 AM

Good luck! A plan is good for a large group but stay flexible. It will be a great adventure for sure.
Ignore the negative haters on this forum. Take pictures and post
a trip report.
 Pages:  1  2    4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.