BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Nice find in Santa Rosalia/ Comida china
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 8-25-2017 at 06:34 PM
Nice find in Santa Rosalia/ Comida china

This is located in Santa Rosalia on the South part of town up on a hill right on the ocean, can't miss it. It is run by Spanish speaking Asians. While waiting for my food I noticed they had a busy take out business going.

It was clean, priced well and was very pleased with my meal. Lots and lots of shrimp with very large portions, I couldn't finish it and that is saying something with my appetite.

Restaurant Beijing, open 11:00- 20:00, closed on Wednesday.

[Edited on 8-26-2017 by Howard]

[Edited on 8-26-2017 by Howard]

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2017 at 08:19 PM

We have eaten there and the portions are huge!

They have such an extensive menu.

When we went, they were conversing in Chinese....that means it surely is authentic to me.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-26-2017 at 03:50 AM

It has always been good..

fish101
Nomad

Mood: energized

[*] posted on 8-26-2017 at 06:54 AM

I have to agree with you Howard, they do have good food and plenty of it. We have gone there several times over the last year and half, driving from Loreto just for Chinese. Its either there or Constitution, so either way its a couple of hours away for good Chinese. If your visiting Mulege, might as well drive another few miles to enjoy their great meals.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2017 at 07:09 AM

Man, now it will get crowded, we were trying to keep this a secret as it is one of the best restaurants in Santa Rosalia. The family is Chinese and most are learning Spanish. They have done three major expansions since they started and sometimes you can not find an empty table. The family meals are nothing short of amazing and they have containers for everything so that you can enjoy it for the next couple of days as well. It is at the very south end of the Malecon in Santa Rosalia.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 8-26-2017 at 08:28 AM

They really had to have a Chinese restaurant there. As I understand it, the Boleo mine employs a lot of orientals.

Here in Ensenada, there probably are about 40 Oriental restaurants.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2017 at 08:45 AM

I've eaten there, a friend suggested we stop. Easy location, nice clean place, good service. I'm not a fan of Chinese food so....................it filled me up.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
Road Runner

[*] posted on 8-27-2017 at 10:17 PM

Lots of MSG :lol:
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-28-2017 at 03:00 AM

I was going to mention that....

Road Runner

[*] posted on 8-28-2017 at 12:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by Road Runner  
Lots of MSG :lol:

Do you know for a fact that this place uses a lot of MSG, or just making a baseless snide remark?

I mention this because a number of Chinese restaurants I've been to lately in Mexico are making a point of getting AWAY from MSG.

Hey Lencho. Not sure about that specific restaurant. Good luck.

I guess msg isn't as bad as dog: http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/border-baja-califor...
Road Runner

[*] posted on 8-28-2017 at 12:55 PM

All kidding aside, I stopped eating Chinese food in the states a few years ago. Maybe there are less food additives south of the border? This place does look bomb and nothing beats huge portions!
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2017 at 03:12 PM

Google Maps

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-28-2017 at 08:33 PM

If you don't like Chinese food, don't go. If you are wary of MSG, don't go. If you DO like very good fare and a great view, DO. I dunno if they are heavy on the chemicals, and frankly life is too short to worry about it; a great break from constant tortillas and beenz. I give it 3+ stars.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.